Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-02-2017, 06:31 PM

18,010 posts, read 27,456,617 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Listener2307 View Post
What baloney!
The Democrats stupidly refused to consider any provisions on the bill so they were ignored. Empty chairs.

Your bull**** "passed in the middle of the night" comment is meant to imply that no one was there and a small group sneaked the bill through. And that is utter nonsense. The chamber was in full session and everyone was there. It was debated on the floor and each party got 20 hours. Are Democrats so stupid that they cannot read a bill in 20 hours?!

It will now go before The Joint Committee on Taxation where 5 senators and 5 representatives will work out a final version.
As a very arrogant someone once said, "Elections have consequences", so the Republicans will have the majority in both cases. Maybe the Democrats - Wyden, Stabenow, Neal, and John Lewis will show up and present a convincing argument or maybe not. But they do get to read it.
This.

I'm so disgusted in the lack of equal representation wrt to stickys in here and am annoyed with all the liberal butthurt anti-Trump liberal crybaby threads in here.

The one decent GOP Tax Reform Victory thread in here got locked up this morning or last night.

So let's load the Politics and Other Controversies subforum up with butthurt waa waa crybaby snowflake posts.

When is Trump gonna resign? Waa! Not My Pwesident waa!

When is Trump gonna get impeached? Waa! Not My Pwesident waa!

When is Trump gonna be indicted? Waa! Not My Pwesident waa!

Waa! I'm a liberal and I care about taxes and National debt now all of a sudden. Waa! Not My Pwesident waa!

Trump has done nothing and passed no legislation in his 1st year! Waa! Not My Pwesident waa!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnUnidentifiedMale View Post
So, apparently, two wrongs somehow make a right. So much for responsible government.

Then leave. Please.
No, we just like sticking stupid snark back in y'alls faces, here try this one on for size, ... Elections have consequences. At least I will go down as a President... y'all can come along, but you'll have to sit in back the bus.

Last edited by McGowdog; 12-02-2017 at 06:45 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-02-2017, 06:33 PM

26,680 posts, read 28,665,061 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sammy87 View Post
Its basically how the ACA was passed. Pelosi " We have to pass it to know what's in it"
So, apparently, two wrongs somehow make a right. So much for responsible government.

Quote:
Originally Posted by McGowdog View Post
I'm so disgusted in the lack of equal representation wrt to stickys in bere and am annoyed with all the liberal butthurt anti-Trump liberal crybaby threads in here.
Then leave. Please.

Old 12-02-2017, 06:34 PM

41,110 posts, read 25,727,707 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Enigma777 View Post
But to make it even worse--that fat ass in the WH is lying through his teeth, claiming this legislation with not only not help him, but he has the unmitigated gall to claim it will hurt him!

And then he hides his tax returns because he thinks it will fool everyone. I find it hard to believe that more than 10% of his base are clueless enough to believe that this windfall for Trump hurts him.

But they are willing to let this dishonesty pass. You can bet your butt if Hillary had pulled off this monetary attack on working America and tried to claim it didn't help her, the right wingers would be screaming for her head.
LOL, I wonder, do you do the 1040EZ form?

Old 12-02-2017, 06:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnUnidentifiedMale View Post
The law had to be passed before we could see it was a disaster, yet we still are stuck with Obamacare because liberals continue to defend it. You looked the other way and now you don't like it?

Old 12-02-2017, 06:40 PM

8,133 posts, read 3,671,773 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by petch751 View Post
Obamacare was passed passed on Christmas Eve without a single Republican vote. By your standards it's ok when Democrats do it right?
Just shut up and stop your whining and take it up the *** like Democrats forced Americans to do with Obamacare.

Hey, at least you know what's in it before it passes.

Aww, look at Nancy smiling as they sign the partisan bill that hurt so many Americans...
when-obamacare-was-jammed-down-our-throats

Do you like Obamacare? If you do, nor do you have utter disregard for working people of this country.
Hmmm, hate to break it to you, but ACA was essentially Heritage foundation plan from years before, mandate and all. So makes me wonder why republicans didn't like, lol. Oh, wait, I remember now, they wanted Obama to be one term president.

What would have made Obamacare significantly better was public option, but that never had the votes.

So now, I guess we'll need to wait for HC to hit 30% of GDP, and at that point do what every civilized country in the world did long ago.

Old 12-02-2017, 06:45 PM

20,550 posts, read 17,697,355 times
Do the Tax calculator and you'll be pleasantly surprised that everyone gets more money back.

The standard deduction is doubled, AMT removed, and those who itemize their taxes will have to find more creative ways to deduct taxes or create new tax shelters to structure your business taxes as the rates come down they affect small businesses more than big ones.

Apple never paid that much taxes so paying less taxes now will ensure they either bring some back here or open more business here as doing business here will be cheaper now than going to Ireland. This is bad for EU.

Old 12-02-2017, 06:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by serger View Post
Hmmm, hate to break it to you, but ACA was essentially Heritage foundation plan from years before, mandate and all. So makes me wonder why republicans didn't like, lol. Oh, wait, I remember now, they wanted Obama to be one term president.

What would have made Obamacare significantly better was public option, but that never had the votes.

So now, I guess we'll need to wait for HC to hit 30% of GDP, and at that point do what every civilized country in the world did long ago.
So your saying the Democrats couldn't come up with their own plan and copied it?

I was hoping Obama was a one term president but we all know it was in the bag. That's why he didn't think he had to work on the first debate and looked like a fool. And of course Candy Crowley had to help him in the second debate even though she was wrong.

Oh and 1980s called, they want their foreign policy back. LOL, yet here we are, Russia is all Democrats think about.

Old 12-02-2017, 07:01 PM

32,060 posts, read 15,055,077 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cape Cod Todd View Post
The Dems are talking doom and gloom and the end of our country as we know it when this tax reform gets passed...
Are they afraid of change? Are they afraid that something with the signature of Trump on it might actually be a good thing for us and that will destroy the Trump is bad agenda??

If we are to be destroyed would you rather have the country go over the cliff under the Republicans tax reform or the Democrats big push to import millions of poor people from third world countries and grant them amnesty and eventually a vote?

If what the anti Trump people are saying about the tax reform is true then we are doomed but image if the negative news about this bill is all hyped up fake news and once implemented the tax reform is actually a benefit. Imagine that if you can.

If it is all garbage that is going to destroy us can we blame the Dems as much as the Reps for it since the Dems do nothing but block everything Trump when they should all be working towards the common goal of making America great again?
Are you part of the 1% because you will make out great with this new tax plan! If you are middle class, not so much.

Old 12-02-2017, 07:05 PM

57,263 posts, read 26,192,233 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by serger View Post

Then they should have an alternative, they don’t have one so they decided to roll this into tax reform where it does not belong.

Old 12-02-2017, 07:19 PM

26,783 posts, read 22,537,314 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seacove View Post
The Koch Brothers have a group of wealthy donors and they've been buying the GOP. They want their payback. They gave the GOP their marching order and the GOP is giving them their massive massive tax cuts. The GOP would give them the entire Medicare and Social Security funds if they could.
Someone summed it all up I guess rather nicely...

https://www.facebook.com/georgehtake...OvOz8DE9DUYa6w
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies