Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-02-2017, 05:28 PM

33,942 posts, read 22,441,923 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by wutitiz View Post
Take a deep breath--it would appear that this is just a case of a poorly worded statement, which is not unusual for President Trump. He was not elected for his perfect elocution.

Flynn was fired in Feb, less than 1 month into the new admin. We do not know the date(s) when he was interviewed by the FBI, but it seems likely that it was after he was fired. Even if it was before, it is not likely that Trump would have known about it. After Flynn left the admin, Sean Spicer said that it was due to an erosion of trust, not because laws were broken.

What Trump should have said was something like "I had to fire General Flynn because he lied to the Vice President, and now he has pled guilty to lying to the FBI.
A poorly worded statement? That's an understatement and that is his defense?

Who the **** tweets out a 'poorly worded statement' about lying to the FBI when your FAMILY is under FBI investigation?

If Trump is indeed that stupid - then he is too damn dumb to be President.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wutitiz View Post
He's unpolished in his speech. That is not the same as being stupid. An example of this is Mayor Richard Daley of Chicago (the father, not the son). He was notorious for malapropisms. He referred to O'Hare Field as "O'Hara" till the day he died. He worked in the Chgo. stockyards as a young man. But he was a master politician who could have taught Mr. Machiavelli some things. He knew how to play off competing interests like a master choreographer.

From his Wiki page:
Mayor of Chicago. President of the United States.

See the difference?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-02-2017, 05:28 PM

7,982 posts, read 4,265,812 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
No they aren't. They are calling out you guys for yet again having nothing.

The more this goes on, the more that Trump comes out ahead.
No one (and I mean no one sane) believes the poop you’re peddling.

I’d say you should give it up, but a job is a job, right?

Old 12-02-2017, 05:30 PM

52,433 posts, read 26,480,308 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boss View Post
Yup looks like the POTUS is not listening to his legal team again.
HOw so?

Old 12-02-2017, 05:30 PM

34,301 posts, read 15,581,416 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
The problem is what the rest of the people involved have to say.
They are all Trump supporters who the left has been trying to discredit so why would they believe anything they say now.
Oh yeah, if they turn on Trump they will be people of integrity like all traitors naturally are.

Old 12-02-2017, 05:31 PM

36,856 posts, read 17,288,658 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cali Doll View Post
The incompetence loophole?

Seems like an odd approach.
It beat 17 GOP career politicians and the "most qualified person to ever run for president" according to the almighty Obama.

Going forward do you really believe the establishment in both parties can get on the same page enough to the point to take Trump down over this?

They've tried their way for nearly 2 years and haven't been able to defeat him. These are the same career politicians that would screw up a one-car funeral.

If they elevate this latest incident to dethrone Trump will do his shtick and run his game and most likely win.

Again, this guy has found a loophole.

Old 12-02-2017, 05:31 PM

20,784 posts, read 9,417,330 times
Quote:
HOw so?
'Just unreal': Trump's latest tweet indicates he's 'utterly clueless about his own jeopardy,' experts say
Quote:
If Trump knew that Flynn was in the FBI's crosshairs when he asked former FBI Director James Comey, whom he later fired, to consider "letting Flynn go" the day after Flynn resigned, that could dramatically bolster the obstruction case federal prosecutors are building against him.

Old 12-02-2017, 05:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cali Doll View Post
No one (and I mean no one sane) believes the poop you’re peddling.

I’d say you should give it up, but a job is a job, right?
So?

You also didn't believe me when I told you that Trump would beat the pantsuit off Hillary during the election. How'd that turn out again?

Sanity? It's you and others claiming that Trump has done something illegal, when he hasn't. In fact he continues to look better & better as this goes on.

Old 12-02-2017, 05:33 PM

36,856 posts, read 17,288,658 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo1 View Post
A poorly worded statement? That's an understatement and that is his defense?

Who the **** tweets out a 'poorly worded statement' about lying to the FBI when your FAMILY is under FBI investigation?

If Trump is indeed that stupid - then he is too damn dumb to be President.

Mayor of Chicago. President of the United States.

See the difference?
You can't have it both ways.

Trump's deranged. Trump tweeted covefee. Trump has dementia. Trump is an idiot.

Pound. Pound. Pound.

You guys have laid the groundwork for his defense. He can now type anything or say anything and spin it.

Old 12-02-2017, 05:35 PM

That "opinion" article from the anti-Trump Business Insider from the likes of Sonam Sheth and Natasha Bertrand doesn't have any facts at all.

But maybe I missed it.

Please point out WHERE in that article do they state that Trump has broken the law.

Yep, I thought so.

Old 12-02-2017, 05:36 PM

7,982 posts, read 4,265,812 times
Quote:
So?

You also didn't believe me when I told you that Trump would beat the pantsuit off Hillary during the election. How'd that turn out again?

Sanity? It's you and others claiming that Trump has done something illegal, when he hasn't. In fact he continues to look better & better as this goes on.
Yup—as I say every time you present your talking points—I underestimated the amount of stupid people gullible enough to vote for Trump.

And, Waldo, Trump is not looking good right now. (I’ll not make the obvious joke here.)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies