Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-03-2017, 03:03 AM

15,946 posts, read 12,287,130 times

Advertisements

I voted for him but that doesn't mean he was my number one choice. I'm just here to enjoy the show. Too many people take this stuff way too seriously. All career politicians are inherently corrupt, some are better at hiding it than others. There are people who are absolutely blinded by Hillary Clinton and worship her and don't see her corruption and I just find it amusing when people are so partisan they can't see the flaws in their own candidates.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-03-2017, 03:35 AM

1,548 posts, read 913,343 times
If that's the case, he'll be removed from office momentarily. Let's check back on this thread in a couple of weeks to see if that happens.

Old 12-03-2017, 03:37 AM

26,680 posts, read 28,670,280 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stockwiz View Post
All career politicians are inherently corrupt
That is simply not true. Most politicians are sincerely interested in helping the people they serve. Of course, if you want to hold a stereotype about a large category of people, it's going to be hard to convince you otherwise.

I do find it odd that people participate in political discussions when they have such a cynical view of politics in general. Wouldn't it be better to participate in activities that one actually likes?

Old 12-03-2017, 03:40 AM

11,046 posts, read 5,271,700 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Larry Caldwell View Post
Trump just tweeted that he knew Flynn was lying when he told Comey to back off the investigation. That's felony obstruction of justice.

"Dumb as a Trump" has entered the US lexicon. He is amazingly stupid.

the liberal hysteria to get Trump at any cost is getting pathetic.

A person obstructs justice when they have a specific intent to obstruct or interfere with a judicial proceeding. For a person to be convicted of obstructing justice, they must not only have the specific intent to obstruct the proceeding, but the person must know (1) that a proceeding was actually pending at the time; and (2) there must be a nexus between the defendant’s endeavor to obstruct justice and the proceeding, and the defendant must have knowledge of this nexus.

Trump tweeted: I had to fire General Flynn because he lied to the Vice President and the FBI. He has pled guilty to those lies. It is a shame because his actions during the transition were lawful. There was nothing to hide!

Trump telling Comey to take it easy on Flynn is not obstruction of justice, that's prosecutioral discretion.....Flynn didn't commit any crime when he spoke to the ambassador of Russia one month AFTER THE ELECTION on behalf of the new ELECTED President only lying to the FBI about the meeting. It's call PROSECUTORIAL DISCRETION

Obama and Lorretta Lynch used it on Hillary Clinton when they decided to take it "easy" on her and the many inconsistencies and lies she told the public and the FBI about her classified emails.

Comey can't say much over this because he messed up during the Clinton email investigation....Trump said it best in his tweet:

"So General Flynn lies to the FBI and his life is destroyed, while Crooked Hillary Clinton, on that now famous FBI holiday “interrogation” with no swearing in and no recording, lies many times...and nothing happens to her? Rigged system, or just a double standard?"

Comey and the FBI has a lot to answer in how they went after Flynn and how they went after Hillary if they are going to use Comey to go after Trump for obstruction.

Old 12-03-2017, 03:42 AM

31,340 posts, read 14,265,634 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Larry Caldwell View Post
Trump just tweeted that he knew Flynn was lying when he told Comey to back off the investigation. That's felony obstruction of justice.

"Dumb as a Trump" has entered the US lexicon. He is amazingly stupid.
Says you.
Now what?
Repeat after me: Hillary lost. Trump isn't going to be impeached.
See you in 2020

Old 12-03-2017, 03:45 AM

5,792 posts, read 5,107,619 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellion1999 View Post
the liberal hysteria to get Trump at any cost is getting pathetic.

A person obstructs justice when they have a specific intent to obstruct or interfere with a judicial proceeding. For a person to be convicted of obstructing justice, they must not only have the specific intent to obstruct the proceeding, but the person must know (1) that a proceeding was actually pending at the time; and (2) there must be a nexus between the defendant’s endeavor to obstruct justice and the proceeding, and the defendant must have knowledge of this nexus.

Trump tweeted: I had to fire General Flynn because he lied to the Vice President and the FBI. He has pled guilty to those lies. It is a shame because his actions during the transition were lawful. There was nothing to hide!

Trump telling Comey to take it easy on Flynn is not obstruction of justice, that's prosecutioral discretion.....Flynn didn't commit any crime when he spoke to the ambassador of Russia one month AFTER THE ELECTION on behalf of the new ELECTED President only lying to the FBI about the meeting. It's call PROSECUTORIAL DISCRETION

Obama and Lorretta Lynch used it on Hillary Clinton when they decided to take it "easy" on her and the many inconsistencies and lies she told the public and the FBI about her classified emails.

Comey can't say much over this because he messed up during the Clinton email investigation....Trump said it best in his tweet:

"So General Flynn lies to the FBI and his life is destroyed, while Crooked Hillary Clinton, on that now famous FBI holiday “interrogation” with no swearing in and no recording, lies many times...and nothing happens to her? Rigged system, or just a double standard?"

Comey and the FBI has a lot to answer in how they went after Flynn and how they went after Hillary if they are going to use Comey to go after Trump for obstruction.
Don’t you get tired of whataboutism? So old and tired......always going back to Hillary and lynch. But sadly it won’t help your cheetos from his own reckoning.

Old 12-03-2017, 03:45 AM

16,956 posts, read 16,755,587 times
If "wishes" were horse-shoes, then the Libs could shoe a lot of horses!

Old 12-03-2017, 03:46 AM

1) James Comey leaked classified info to his buddy college professor: No charges 2) James Clapper lied under oath: No charges
3) Hillary Clinton destroyed evidence in an ongoing investigation and lied to the FBI over classified emails: No charges

4) Michael Flynn lied to the FBI about a meeting that was legal: CHARGED

Old 12-03-2017, 03:47 AM

15,946 posts, read 12,287,130 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnUnidentifiedMale View Post
That is simply not true. Most politicians are sincerely interested in helping the people they serve. Of course, if you want to hold a stereotype about a large category of people, it's going to be hard to convince you otherwise.

I do find it odd that people participate in political discussions when they have such a cynical view of politics in general. Wouldn't it be better to participate in activities that one actually likes?
You're right. Rereading it I probably was a bit extreme in my generalization. They tend to get more corrupt at the federal level. They're not so bad at the state level sometimes. Usually by the time they become a presidential candidate they'll have skeletons in their closet though. Hillary and Trump were two peas in a pod, in my opinion. Equally corrupt. It doesn't surprise me at all they use to be friends, and this is coming from someone who voted for Trump and still somewhat supports him.

Old 12-03-2017, 03:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pennyone View Post
Don’t you get tired of whataboutism? So old and tired......always going back to Hillary and lynch. But sadly it won’t help your cheetos from his own reckoning.

Flynn should have never been charged if they gave Hillary a pass......Hillary's actions are more serious by a mile than Flynn.

but to a liberal Trump hater like you, it goes over your head.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies