Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-04-2017, 11:40 AM

22,216 posts, read 21,676,363 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by boneyard1962 View Post
LOL are you saying people arrested for pot were only doing it as a form of civil disobedience? I think not. They did it because they like the buzz and didn't care what the law is. They did it because they felt chances were slim that they would be caught and they took the chance.

Now dealers on the other hand absolutely didn't sell as a demonstration of civil disobedience. They sold for profit plain and simple. The majority of which were most likely selling other illegal drugs as well.

Im not saying any of you belong in jail. I'm saying that if you knowingly break the law, regardless of your belief in said law, then you also accept the consequences. I personally could not care less who smokes weed. I also don't care who gets arrested for it. It was a choice.
I like to have a good beer. I am in fact a beer snob. I never drink and drive. Not even 1 beer. I could easily drive after a few and chances are never get busted. I live in the sticks after all and so do my friends. That said, there is always the chance of hitting a deer and rolling my vehicle or something. Sheet happens right? I choose not to risk my future for a beer no matter how good it is.
You aren't a criminal for liking a beer though, but for risking the lives of other peoples for driving a vehicle under the influence.

Comparing laws that protect others, to laws that restrict full ownership of your mind, is false equivalency
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-04-2017, 11:47 AM

3,129 posts, read 1,332,443 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MJJersey View Post
You are still under the influence if you test positive. The substance is still in your system and that's why you still show metabolites. It's still being broken down. Science is science. I have said before that I would have no issue with legal pot as long as addicts agree not to drive or work while it's in their system and get special insurance and drug-related health care visits. But of course they'll never do that. It's too responsible. You also need a special monitoring bracelet so the police can find you quickly in case you go mad like the people who attacked others while high.
Science is science. But you are COMPLETELY wrong. I doubt you will read one word of this, but here is the science of which you apparently know nothing about:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/11-Nor-9-carboxy-THC

Quote:
11-COOH-THC is not psychoactive itself, but has a long half-life in the body of up to several days (or even weeks in very heavy users),[4][5][6] making it the main metabolite tested for blood or urine testing for cannabis use. More selective tests are able to distinguish between 11-OH-THC and 11-COOH-THC, which can help determine how recently cannabis was consumed;[7][8] if only 11-COOH-THC is present then cannabis was used some time ago and any impairment in cognitive ability or motor function will have dissipated, whereas if both 11-OH-THC and 11-COOH-THC are present then cannabis was consumed more recently and motor impairment may still be present.
The main thing to take away from the science is that 11-OH-THC is psychoactive but short-lived, but 11-COOH-THC is not psychoactive. It is long-lived because it is stored in fat cells, and is what is most commonly tested for.

A good analogy would be that we had a test for recently consumed alcohol, and one for a beer that was consumed 2 weeks ago, then placing the most importance on the beer consumed 2 weeks ago!

Last edited by Raddo; 12-04-2017 at 11:56 AM..

Old 12-04-2017, 11:51 AM

22,216 posts, read 21,676,363 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by boneyard1962 View Post
Wow a lot of maybes. So why stop at weed. By your standards all drugs no matter how vile should be legal. Maybe that is your point?
Yet many who would say that all drugs should be legal, those on the left, also seek to control my right to own a firearm. They are also the ones who feel that I should be separated from as much of my earnings as they can take.
Until we become communist China, North Korea or some other crap hole, I will always have the right to move away.
Now do I have the right to go to any other country? NO. they all have their own laws. I would be required to meet their minimum standards. In my case, that's every country that I am interested in.

As I said before, I am not opposed to people smoking weed. I am not opposed to people worshipping statues of cow feces either. I am also not opposed to people facing the consequences for their own decisions. I am opposed to footing the bill, which is why I am opposed to laws against smoking weed. There are much bigger fish to fry than weed heads. Meth heads for example.
So if you didn't have the opportunity to move away from unjust laws regarding compulsory practice of religion, would you just meekly accept the State's dictates, and embrace whatever religion it required?

Old 12-04-2017, 12:00 PM

16,911 posts, read 10,591,580 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raddo View Post
Science is science. But you are COMPLETELY wrong. I doubt you will read one word of this, but here is the science of which you apparently know nothing about:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/11-Nor-9-carboxy-THC

The main thing to take away from the science is that 11-OH-THC is psychoactive but short-lived, but 11-COOH-THC is not psychoactive. It is long-lived because it is stored in fat cells, and is what is most commonly tested for.

A good analogy would be that we had a test for recently consumed alcohol, and one for a beer that was consumed 2 weeks ago, then placing the most importance on the beer consumed 2 weeks ago!
Lol @ Wiki

Old 12-04-2017, 12:02 PM

Quote:
You also need a special monitoring bracelet so the police can find you quickly in case you go mad like the people who attacked others while high.
REEFER MADNESS!!!

This time I capitalized, italicized, colored, bolded, and underlined it!

I believe this statement speaks for itself, and ultimately disqualifies this poster as someone who can be taken seriously when discussing the subject matter at hand.

Old 12-04-2017, 12:07 PM

Quote:
Lol @ Wiki
I can provide MANY other links besides Wiki if you like.

However, I knew you would not even read the Wiki, so all are too scientific for you anyway.

Old 12-04-2017, 12:11 PM

25,303 posts, read 21,458,447 times
Read below . The most assistance will be going to "poor people convicted of marijuana crimes"

Anybody else find this ridiculous?

---

Under the proposed “social equity” program, the city would provide different levels of assistance to the four categories of eligible applicants, with the maximum assistance going to poor people convicted of marijuana crimes. However, the city could still deny marijuana licenses to people convicted of violent or serious crimes as outlined in state law.

People in the program could get help applying for city licenses, training employees and finding vacant city properties — those that are not suitable for affordable housing — to rent at free or reduced rates. The city would also help people expunge old convictions for marijuana crimes. And L.A. would also waive or defer fees and provide startup loans at low rates.

L.A. aims to help disadvantaged communities cash in on marijuana legalization - LA Times

Old 12-04-2017, 12:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jm1982 View Post
Read below . The most assistance will be going to "poor people convicted of marijuana crimes"

Anybody else find this ridiculous?

---

Under the proposed “social equity” program, the city would provide different levels of assistance to the four categories of eligible applicants, with the maximum assistance going to poor people convicted of marijuana crimes. However, the city could still deny marijuana licenses to people convicted of violent or serious crimes as outlined in state law.

People in the program could get help applying for city licenses, training employees and finding vacant city properties — those that are not suitable for affordable housing — to rent at free or reduced rates. The city would also help people expunge old convictions for marijuana crimes. And L.A. would also waive or defer fees and provide startup loans at low rates.

L.A. aims to help disadvantaged communities cash in on marijuana legalization - LA Times
So you are restarting your already failed thread?

Old 12-04-2017, 12:15 PM

25,303 posts, read 21,458,447 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raddo View Post
So you are restarting your already failed thread?
How did it fail

Old 12-04-2017, 12:17 PM

68,329 posts, read 54,389,283 times
Quote:
You are still under the influence if you test positive. The substance is still in your system and that's why you still show metabolites. It's still being broken down. Science is science. I have said before that I would have no issue with legal pot as long as addicts agree not to drive or work while it's in their system and get special insurance and drug-related health care visits. But of course they'll never do that. It's too responsible. You also need a special monitoring bracelet so the police can find you quickly in case you go mad like the people who attacked others while high.

No, you are not.

Talking about addicts and pot as if they're related is silly, pot is simply not addictive.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies