Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-04-2017, 03:14 PM

5,994 posts, read 3,733,906 times

Advertisements

So a snowflake conservative gets upset and storms out because someone dared to express a view that was contrary to his? Only one thing to say to that: buh-bye.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-04-2017, 03:15 PM

46,961 posts, read 25,990,037 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ahzzie View Post
So a snowflake conservative gets upset and storms out because someone dared to express a view that was contrary to his? Only one thing to say to that: buh-bye.
He was triggered and needed a safe space. We should be understanding.

Old 12-04-2017, 03:20 PM

16,086 posts, read 10,747,693 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by texan2yankee View Post
I'm not paying musicians $100 or more a ticket to preach to me about their political views. I'm paying them to entertain me. since they think i'm interested in hearing their politics, I stay home now and listen to their music on alexa.
They probably don't notice that you aren't at the concerts.

Old 12-04-2017, 03:25 PM

4,299 posts, read 2,810,789 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TreeBeard View Post
I have to really laugh when rightists call liberals "snowflakes". I have noticed on Facebook that it is rightists and Trumpists who can't take criticism and usually moan like little babies. They are the first to unfriend if they disagree with you. I mean conservatives need to grow a pair.

I don't use facebook but being on city data and other sites is enough to know what you're talking about.

There are bad liberals out there but I digress. I was just about to mention that too. Whenever someone uses the term snowflake (which usually the Trump supporters use, the liberals mostly just use it back at them) I'm like is that supposed to mean something?
For one thing snowflake is a term of endearment if you google it so I guess the rightists love liberals so much they're willing to call them a lovers term.
Besides I'm an OG snowflake since I was born in winter so if someone would call me that I'd be like "what's next? You're going to call me feminine/girly?" Fun fact my old email address had part of that word as the username.

The only thing is maybe they use it because the real offensive terms are not allowed on there but then again I can take any insult they have and roll with it..just not sure how snowflake became an insult in the first place. It's like calling someone human.

Old 12-04-2017, 03:29 PM

24,201 posts, read 19,210,098 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nickchick View Post
I don't use facebook but being on city data and other sites is enough to know what you're talking about.

There are bad liberals out there but I digress. I was just about to mention that too. Whenever someone uses the term snowflake (which usually the Trump supporters use, the liberals mostly just use it back at them) I'm like is that supposed to mean something?
For one thing snowflake is a term of endearment if you google it so I guess the rightists love liberals so much they're willing to call them a lovers term.
Besides I'm an OG snowflake since I was born in winter so if someone would call me that I'd be like "what's next? You're going to call me feminine/girly?" Fun fact my old email address had part of that word as the username.

The only thing is maybe they use it because the real offensive terms are not allowed on there but then again I can take any insult they have and roll with it..just not sure how snowflake became an insult in the first place. It's like calling someone human.
read up on it

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Snowfla...cial_snowflake

Old 12-04-2017, 03:34 PM

4,299 posts, read 2,810,789 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by emm74 View Post
It still seems funny to me. I don't know because I can always counteract it as sure everyone is unique but I'm the most unique snowflake of all and that is the truth.
Plus what can a collection of snowflake turn into? A powerful snowstorm. I also think of the beautiful Pokemon Articuno who has attacks like blizzard so that helps.

It also makes me think of Dana Carvey as the church lady saying "well isn't that special?" so my brain will automatically just associate it as a joke.

Old 12-04-2017, 03:35 PM

78,863 posts, read 46,624,265 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheEmissary View Post
That "Trumpy Trumpeter" was blowing hot air, as usual!

I don't care who ya are... That was funny.

Old 12-04-2017, 04:33 PM

3,130 posts, read 3,074,467 times
This seems like an internal matter that's not really worth discussing in my opinion.

Some people have different political views. Tell me something I don't already know....

Old 12-04-2017, 06:06 PM

29,218 posts, read 22,365,741 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
Maybe the little snowflake should have learned a little about the featured performer before agreeing to take the back-up job.
The trumpeter is an orchestra employee, not exactly a side-man. Since the orchestra was contracted to play with Wainwright, and the performance was much more than a 'back-up' job, the trumpeter was obliged to play, as were all the other members.

But, apparently, because he's a senior employee and a good player, he was forgiven for his outburst. They happen in all businesses, including orchestras.

While I have no objections to anything Wainwright said, I do believe there's a time and place for everything, and a concert isn't the place for politics unless the concert is obviously presented for political purposes.

The holiday season is not the occasion nor the time for political talk in a concert. Wainwright should have kept his opinions to himself. He was as much a guest as a host in this event.

So I side with the trumpeter. He may not have objected to what was said as much as when it was said. I think he was both trying to look out for his employers and refused to go along with an offense to the audience's sensibilities. If I was in his shoes, I may well have done the same.

Old 12-04-2017, 06:16 PM

13,711 posts, read 9,233,267 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
Must be terrible for you to hold such contempt for the 100s of millions living in 3/5th of the states of the USA.

Miserable way to live.

Why is terrible?

Trump basically holds contempt for the entire country, you think he is miserable?

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies