Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-05-2017, 11:02 AM

37,034 posts, read 18,994,988 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by McGowdog View Post
That's because Mueller and the gang can find NOTHING!

No collusion, no obstruction! Y'all have ran out of cards.

Y'all are gonna spend the next 7 years and one month and 15 days going Waa! Not My Pwesident! WAA!

Wrong. We're just annoyed that y'all can't come on over, join the team, and go after the Big Win.

16 years of playing small-ball apologizing to the world and groveling in the dirt is long enough.
We can't join your team. Then everyone would be wrong.

Old 12-05-2017, 11:03 AM

25,231 posts, read 16,891,225 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cuebald View Post
If it's not impeachable, he will be served with a Presentment on whatever charges he will be facing when he leaves office. Mueller will have plenty of time to get a cell ready for him.
Actually it would be very impeachable, and no Mueller is not the type to just wait, if he has charges they will be presented, that is his job.

Old 12-05-2017, 11:04 AM

3,221 posts, read 1,726,758 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mohawkx View Post
Ladies and gentlemen, I do believe we have evolved from "The popcorn is popping", to "The goose is cooking".
Trump could clear up the Deutsche Bank investigation quick if he wanted to. All he'd have to do is release all his tax returns like every other president and show what his financial state was. But he won't ever do that now, will he. I wonder why?

Don't forget my prediction made a while back.
Once Trump signs the Republican abomination of a tax cut bill, they will immediately throw him under the bus. All they ever wanted was the tax cuts for their donors and a hard right SCOTUS. Once that's all done, he's a liability for them on all levels. They can't afford to have him anywhere near them come 2018 and election time. Soon they'll be begging Mueller to take him down. The sooner the better.
His supporters KNOW there's something ****ed up in those tax returns haha.

By the way I think you're 100% right re: GOP. I think they'll ditch him once they get the tax cuts, or at least start giving him a lot more pushback on things he says. I believe they just wanted to use him for tax cuts and SCOTUS picks.

Old 12-05-2017, 11:04 AM

13,778 posts, read 9,633,647 times
Ladies and gentlemen, I do believe we have evolved from "The popcorn is popping", to "The goose is cooking".
Trump could clear up the Deutsche Bank investigation quick if he wanted to. All he'd have to do is release all his tax returns like every other president and show what his financial state was. But he won't ever do that now, will he. I wonder why?

Don't forget my prediction made a while back.
Once Trump signs the Republican abomination of a tax cut bill, Republicans will immediately throw him under the bus. All they ever wanted was the tax cuts for their donors and a hard right SCOTUS. Once that's all done, he's a liability for them on all levels. They can't afford to have him anywhere near them come 2018 and election time. Soon they'll be begging Mueller to take him down. The sooner the better as far as they're concerned. McConnell would love to **** on Trump's political grave. As would all the other republican politicians he's pissed off in the last 2 years.

Last edited by mohawkx; 12-05-2017 at 11:36 AM..

Old 12-05-2017, 11:06 AM

21,430 posts, read 7,413,043 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dbones View Post
What a witch hunt in search of a crime. Mueller is a POS.
Your feelings are duly noted.

Anger is stage two.

Please accept my sympathies ...
Attached Thumbnails
Trump's Deutsche Bank Records Said to Be Subpoenaed by Mueller-stages-grief.jpg  

Old 12-05-2017, 11:07 AM

2,951 posts, read 2,505,639 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Myghost View Post
You know I hate Trump, but I suspect you are almost right. I doubt they will find anything implicating him directly, and if they do, they will still find a fall-guy.

Truth is that our country can't handle having the POTUS taken down right now. My opinion is that his crazy supporters would burn this MoFo down if that happened, but however you want to frame it, we need to be careful about how we go about getting him out of office and cleaning up the mess he made.

So yeah, while we come from different perspectives, I do agree with you that we'll never see anything conclusively damning from this investigation.
If his crazy supporters try that, they can pay the consequesnces just like the rest of us sane people would.

Besides what damage can they do, police like to use weapons. If they are stupid enough not to recognize that, .

Old 12-05-2017, 11:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dockside View Post
Mueller needs to be fired. This is no longer about the Russian fairy tale. Now his team is desperately looking for any means to take down a sitting President.
And the Squatting President is desperately looking for any means possible to get out of the line of fire. Firing Mueller would mean having to get too close to the explosion that would result.

Old 12-05-2017, 11:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by skins_fan82 View Post
Either would work for me, but I'd prefer he be a free and disgraced man. I want to drink Trump's daily Twitter tears. They're so delicious.
Free, disgraced, and paupered. He'd make a fantasic greeter at WalMart.

Old 12-05-2017, 11:13 AM

10,631 posts, read 4,265,562 times
Even if Trump got impeached, he'll have bragging rights over all his opponents.
His tax reform would lead to a booming economy, so he'd be given credit for the economy for many years.
Plus he'd still be undefeated in elections.
They couldn't beat him so they had to impeach him....

Old 12-05-2017, 11:16 AM

24,204 posts, read 19,103,653 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by amenalot View Post
Even if Trump got impeached, he'll have bragging rights over all his opponents.
His tax reform would lead to a booming economy, so he'd be given credit for the economy for many years.
Plus he'd still be undefeated in elections.
So does this mean that you give credit to Obama for the strong economy that Trump inherited?

It doesn't matter, the GOP Tax Scam isn't going to lead to a booming economy, we will be lucky if we don't have another great Depression from it. It will just be another piece of Trump's legacy as the worst president of all time, by a yuuuuuge margin.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies