Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-03-2020, 12:35 PM

21,479 posts, read 10,579,563 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by VLWH View Post
Both were convicted, he received the death penalty and she got life.
I guess that will do, but she deserves death penalty too. I guess it doesn’t really matter in California. They’ll both die of natural causes anyway.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-03-2020, 12:50 PM

28,353 posts, read 16,385,616 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katygirl68 View Post
I guess that will do, but she deserves death penalty too. I guess it doesn’t really matter in California. They’ll both die of natural causes anyway.
We just watched the Netflix documentary.

Mom copped a plea to avoid the possibility of a death sentence. Life without parole. She definitely deserves the needle, too.

Old 03-03-2020, 01:38 PM

63,919 posts, read 46,748,172 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
This is actually common. There have been people who have described someone's killer as "kind" or "hardworking" or "a good mother". There have been cases where a mother has killed her child and people in the neighborhood would try to bring some sympathy towards her by saying "she was crazy" or "she was having a hard time".
Convicted murderers have fan clubs. Sometimes the most devoted fans relocate when the inmate is transferred to another prison.

The Parkland school shooter receives mail from all over the US and Europe from women, girls and men.

Old 03-03-2020, 01:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by VLWH View Post
The story is on Netflix, everyone should watch.

Watch the entire series, the director was right, everyone should watch and not turn away. The real hero’s of the series was the prosecutor and security guard. This definitely shows the coverup within the child protective services and sheriff’s department. Seriously, watch this and if you think it is too hard to handle, think what the child went through.
More about the Netflix series and those involved.

https://www.thewrap.com/trials-of-ga...cking-details/

Old 03-03-2020, 01:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by boneyard1962 View Post
I watched the entire series. I was outraged, but not surprised by how badly the system failed that poor child. Teachers reporting abuse and systems gives lip service.
Sheriff's deputies threatening the child to stop lying or else he will be arrested.
Social workers not following procedures, falsifying documents and not even interviewing the child.

Months of torture. Shooting the child with a BB gun to discipline him. locking him in a wooden box.

On the day little Gabriel died, A 287 pound man, punched a 57 pound child, 10 times in the face, 20 times in the body. When the child lay unable to move mother and stepfather began to kick him.

This child was failed by the system at every level. At some levels repeatedly.
Bio mother never wanted him. She abandoned him at the hospital after giving birth. Her family took him in. Not clear how the bio mother got custody.

Her defense portrayed her as uneducated, drug addicted at an early age, undeveloped brain, raped by family members and mentally ill.

She was sentenced to life.

Old 03-03-2020, 01:57 PM

23,652 posts, read 13,998,393 times
Wow.

I say Wow because it brought up a dream I had last night where I was on a firing squad and I was being trained for the role, a dream that I had forgotten till now.

That said, I imagine it is difficult for some people to be able to sentence people to death, so they might have to justify their decision to say life instead. Me, I've been trained to blow people out of the sky with SAMs, go HtH without a concern, and shoot to stop.

Reading boneyard1962's account, well, my own discipline won't let me dwell on that, certainly not to fantasize about what I would do it I could because that is against my rules of engagement, but I would be very hard pressed to find any redeeming factors to say "life" as oppose to "death".

I suppose if anything, he should be grateful that he got death; like rapists, the inside of a prison is not favorable to those who harm children.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies