Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-20-2017, 11:42 AM

4,851 posts, read 2,282,175 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by LearnMe View Post
Crushed, again. This mean you don't love me anymore?

Naw, it just means that I will wait until you start offering something of substance to discuss instead of just meaningless gum flapping before responding in depth anymore.

Old 12-20-2017, 10:45 PM

2,049 posts, read 1,065,272 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wallflash View Post
You need to learn your history better. Jerusalem was an international city under the Partition Plan that Israel accepted and the Arabs rejected. It was to remain an international city for 10 years after the creation of the Jewish and Palestinian states, and then after 10 years the residents of Jerusalem would vote on whether to become part of Israel or Palestine. When the Arabs rejected the plan they rejected the concept of Jerusalem as an international city. Do you know what excuse the Arabs used to reject the plan? They said it was up to the inhabitants to decide the fate of the area and not the UN . They told the UN to go pizz off. And then they attacked Israel , but the Jews surprised them and kicked their butts and took over west Jerusalem. In 1967 it was obvious the Arabs were going to attack Israel again, and Israel begged Jordan, who controlled east Jerusalem, to stay out of the conflict. Jordan refused, went to war with the other Arabs, and again Israel kicked their arses and took control of east Jerusalem as well. In 1973 the Arabs attacked once again, and again the Israelis kicked butt and took names on the Arabs.

The Arabs rejected the UN plan, rejected the concept of Jerusalem as an international city, and have repeatedly tried to destroy Israel through war and terrorism. So for the Arabs, and the UN and all its lackey countries whining about this decision, tough sheet. The Arabs and Palestinians got exactly what they deserved .

BTW, did you see the Arabs rushing to create a Palestinian state with east Jerusalem as its capital when they controlled the Arab side of the partition plan from 1948 to 1967? No? Funny that, no? No Arab was concerned about the Palestinians when they had the land to help them.
Arabs and Muslims will remain dreaming and planning to destroy Israel
That is why Israel has the right to destroy their plans and targets

If they want a just and just peace, they must recognize the Jewish state of Israel
And that Palestinians and Jews live in the land and under the flag of Israel just as Christians live in Muslim countries
Noting that Israel is a democratic state
And to be fair to its citizens

Old 12-21-2017, 07:17 AM

22,974 posts, read 26,996,167 times
Quote:
No. Whatever sort of logic this is, to derive this ridiculous conclusion from desert's comment(s), well it's bad logic, really bad, horrible and wrong!

Not altogether atypical of how many a comment is twisted all to Hell in this thread however...
In your opinion, an opinion along with $1.99 will buy a cup of coffee...

Old 12-21-2017, 10:23 AM

29,531 posts, read 9,700,562 times
Quote:
Naw, it just means that I will wait until you start offering something of substance to discuss instead of just meaningless gum flapping before responding in depth anymore.
Right, all my bad. Was hoping we might vacation together sometime soon, but I guess that's not happening either...

Old 12-21-2017, 10:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pruzhany View Post
No it's not. The Military took over a civilian site for Military use. A warning was sent they disregarded it. When has a Israeli blown up a site that was 100% civilian? The hospital where the top floor was a rocket launching site? The school that was a rocket storage facility? The soccer field where the stands were multiple rocket launch sites? The apartment building being used as a rocket launch site? Now let's see what real Terrorists do. Suicide bombings on civilian buses. Launching rockets at yellow school buses. Launching rockets at towns and not caring what they hit, yet not launching rockets at known Israeli military sites. Launching rockets at as civilian airport where the POTUS of the US shuts downs flights into Israel and let's not forget the rocket that landed outside of Jerusalem. If you think this is Apples to Apples then everyone in this thread knows what you are.
I don't usually give this thread much thought after signing off in the mornings, but I have to admit this comment lingered on my mind a bit after signing off...

Again, first the British came out with the Balfour Declaration (you didn't reply to my comment #1520).

Then, was it the British "siding" with the Arabs or was it...

"The Irgun committed the attack in response to Operation Agatha, known in Israel as "Black Saturday." British troops had searched the Jewish Agency on June 29 and confiscated large quantities of documents directly implicating the Haganah in the Jewish insurgency against Britain. The intelligence information was taken to the King David Hotel, where it was initially kept in the offices of the Secretariat in the southern wing. In order to destroy the incriminating documentation, the Irgun therefore determined to destroy that wing of the hotel."

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/King_David_Hotel_bombing

The reason this little back-and-forth remains on my mind, is because I know the British were first supportive but then began to have "second thoughts" about furthering the Zionist agenda somewhat confused by the Balfour Declaration. Does that change in support justify murdering those who began to opt for a different path?

Not sure about your "apples to apples" comment, or if you are truly implying what I think you are implying, but please..., that tactic of addressing anything but these facts without turning to personal insults doesn't fool anyone who can consider these facts in an objective fashion.

If you can't do that, then everyone in this thread OUGHT to know what you are!

Old 12-21-2017, 10:52 AM

Still worse, Trump’s bullying of the UN may obscure the seriousness of the issue at hand. Moving the US embassy to Jerusalem is not a real estate decision. Recognising Jerusalem as the capital of Israel challenges the peace process, discomforts Saudi Arabia, America’s closest ally in the Middle East, and sets the US apart from its closest European allies, who have advocated a two-state solution for 40 years.

No amount of bluster can hide this fundamental error.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/20...ews-for-the-un

Old 12-21-2017, 10:55 AM

Quote:
I don't usually give this thread much thought after signing off in the mornings, but I have to admit this comment lingered on my mind a bit after signing off...

Again, first the British came out with the Balfour Declaration (you didn't reply to my comment #1520).

Then, was it the British "siding" with the Arabs or was it...

"The Irgun committed the attack in response to Operation Agatha, known in Israel as "Black Saturday." British troops had searched the Jewish Agency on June 29 and confiscated large quantities of documents directly implicating the Haganah in the Jewish insurgency against Britain. The intelligence information was taken to the King David Hotel, where it was initially kept in the offices of the Secretariat in the southern wing. In order to destroy the incriminating documentation, the Irgun therefore determined to destroy that wing of the hotel."

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/King_David_Hotel_bombing

The reason this little back-and-forth remains on my mind, is because I know the British were first supportive but then began to have "second thoughts" about furthering the Zionist agenda somewhat confused by the Balfour Declaration. Does that change in support justify murdering those who began to opt for a different path?

Not sure about your "apples to apples" comment, or if you are truly implying what I think you are implying, but please..., that tactic of addressing anything but these facts without turning to personal insults doesn't fool anyone who can consider these facts in an objective fashion.

If you can't do that, then everyone in this thread OUGHT to know what you are!

Go read about the British white paper than proposed to forget about a Jewish homeland and make the entire mandate a Palestinian state. Then maybe you understand that the British weren't the saviors of the Jews.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/White_Paper_of_1939

"His Majesty's Government believe that the framers of the Mandate in which the Balfour Declaration was embodied could not have intended that Palestine should be converted into a Jewish State against the will of the Arab population of the country. [...] His Majesty's Government therefore now declare unequivocally that it is not part of their policy that Palestine should become a Jewish State. They would indeed regard it as contrary to their obligations to the Arabs under the Mandate, as well as to the assurances which have been given to the Arab people in the past, that the Arab population of Palestine should be made the subjects of a Jewish State against their will."

This paper was the guiding force behind the British administration of Palestine until they got ran out and washed their hands of it. They reneged on the 2 state solution and tried to turn all of Palestine into an Arab state. The Jews, for some strange reason, got upset with that.

Last edited by wallflash; 12-21-2017 at 11:05 AM..

Old 12-21-2017, 11:08 AM

Quote:
Go read about the British white paper than proposed to forget about a Jewish homeland and make the entire mandate a Palestinian state. Then maybe you understand that the British weren't the saviors of the Jews.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/White_Paper_of_1939

"His Majesty's Government believe that the framers of the Mandate in which the Balfour Declaration was embodied could not have intended that Palestine should be converted into a Jewish State against the will of the Arab population of the country. [...] His Majesty's Government therefore now declare unequivocally that it is not part of their policy that Palestine should become a Jewish State. They would indeed regard it as contrary to their obligations to the Arabs under the Mandate, as well as to the assurances which have been given to the Arab people in the past, that the Arab population of Palestine should be made the subjects of a Jewish State against their will."
That comment wasn't addressed to you, and I was pretty sure you were going to leave me be, and I you! Why do you keep breaking up with me and then keep crawling back??? This is beginning to feel like being stuck on a stranded island together!

I was hoping to get a reply from Pruz, who's opinions and comments I have come to respect over most of these other insults from the peanut gallery, though Pruz too demonstrates some obvious inability to consider most if not all these facts in an objective manner, but okay, I'll entertain you by default instead...

I never wrote ANYWHERE that the British were "saviors of the Jews." Read what I HAVE commented, and maybe we can manage a bit better understanding.

Next, what is objectionable or worthy of second consideration in what you offer for additional review? This is exactly what I'm talking about! The British began to reconsider what began to go off the rails as a result of the Balfour Declaration, and rightfully so! Objectively speaking that is...

Old 12-21-2017, 11:15 AM

Quote:
That comment wasn't addressed to you, and I was pretty sure you were going to leave me be, and I you! Why do you keep breaking up with me and then keep crawling back??? This is beginning to feel like being stuck on a stranded island together!

I was hoping to get a reply from Pruz, who's opinions and comments I have come to respect over most of these other insults from the peanut gallery, though Pruz too demonstrates some obvious inability to consider most if not all these facts in an objective manner, but okay, I'll entertain you by default instead...

I never wrote ANYWHERE that the British were "saviors of the Jews." Read what I HAVE commented, and maybe we can manage a bit better understanding.

Next, what is objectionable or worthy of second consideration in what you offer for additional review? This is exactly what I'm talking about! The British began to reconsider what began to go off the rails as a result of the Balfour Declaration, and rightfully so! Objectively speaking that is...

So you would rather just blabber and flap your gums than have the maturity to address my points that the British had turned anti Jewish at the end of the admin of the area , while you laughingly talk about considering facts in an objective manner ? Are you the one who wrote that Israel wouldn't exist if not for British help? Maybe that came from another poster, I don't know.

But you are the one trying to portray the Jews as terrorists without justification for the violence they commit.

*shrug*

Old 12-21-2017, 11:24 AM

Quote:
So you would rather just blabber and flap your gums than have the maturity to address my points that the British had turned anti Jewish at the end of the admin of the area , while you laughingly talk about considering facts in an objective manner ? Are you the one who wrote that Israel wouldn't exist if not for British help? Maybe that came from another poster, I don't know.

But you are the one trying to portray the Jews as terrorists without justification for the violence they commit.

*shrug*
Hopeless...

So you would rather continue with the same old insulting childish noise rather than focus on the facts? Don't you ever tire of that sort of thing???

I point out how you "put words in my mouth," and you just hop, skip and bump along without so much as a word of acknowledgement or apology. I don't "laughingly talk" about being objective. I'm trying to insist on being objective. Balance, and that requires understanding of BOTH sides, just as many leaders past and present have been trying to insist upon! You call it "blabber," and I'm supposed to bother with you any further?!? Ridiculous this...

The British did not turn "anti-Jewish!" They simply began to feel less comfortable with how the Zionist leaders were furthering their cause in Palestine, because the British were also not "anti-Palestinian" or "anti-Arab!" They saw what trouble and further wrong-doing was coming...

Any of that comprehensible for you?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies