Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-05-2017, 09:30 PM

29,961 posts, read 11,533,598 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mohawkx View Post
G-damn right! Poke as many sticks in as many eyes as possible. Then order 2 big macs. Trump style.
I am not a Trump supporter but I get the impression you have no idea what this tread is about.

Two things stand out where is Azhar? Its on the list of countries upset but its not even a country.

And then Palestine is listed. Also not officially a country.

Old 12-05-2017, 09:37 PM
Status: "A solution in search of a problem" (set 28 days ago)

34,606 posts, read 16,671,222 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gladhands View Post
It’s not that other countries are telling Israel what it’s capital is, they’re saying the Jerusalem literally is not a part of Israel.
If you buy what those countries "say" no part of the world is part of Israel.

Old 12-05-2017, 10:06 PM

23,795 posts, read 13,182,991 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mohawkx View Post
I guess you're forgetting how many wars have been fought over Jerusalem over the last 3000 years.
This will be the next one.
This entire thread is bringing back memories of 2002. There weren't any forums then, but there were 'newsgroups.' And I remember having these exact same discussions with Bush supporters regarding the Iraq War.

The similarity is that the Iraq War was unnecessary and would serve to disrupt the world and result in death and destruction, and this Jerusalem move is also totally unnecessary and will serve to disrupt the world and result in death and destruction.

The pro Bush/Iraq War crowd also rationalized their reasons that the war was necessary just like people are rationalizing this.

This move is basically a totally unnecessary pre-emptive strike that will be regretted in the same way the Iraq War was. We got ISIS from the Iraq War. God knows what we will get from this boneheaded action.

Old 12-05-2017, 10:10 PM

15,088 posts, read 13,407,123 times
It's basically a move designed to say, "We support Israel; Palestinians can suck it."

Will certainly kill any chance at peace in the Middle East, but then again chances were already tiny and Trump doesn't care either way. It will also breed a new generation of terrorists who well get to spend big $ fighting. So not much upside to this...oh wait, it plays well to his base, so that's good enough.

Old 12-05-2017, 10:52 PM

13,778 posts, read 9,624,833 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ambient View Post
It's basically a move designed to say, "We support Israel; Palestinians can suck it."

Will certainly kill any chance at peace in the Middle East, but then again chances were already tiny and Trump doesn't care either way. It will also breed a new generation of terrorists who well get to spend big $ fighting. So not much upside to this...oh wait, it plays well to his base, so that's good enough.
The Saudis did a quick 180 and are pissed as hell about this turn of events.

Old 12-05-2017, 10:58 PM

18,073 posts, read 18,722,189 times
Lol, says a lot about those who will commit violence because the US recognizes Jerusalem as the capital. I do not think the US should change its policies at all to appease groups who would commit violence over such matters.

Old 12-05-2017, 11:18 PM

30,530 posts, read 17,998,049 times
OP, as others have mentioned, conquest has traditionally come only after invasion. Conquest, therefore, is not claiming territory after you've been attacked and defeated your attackers.

Moving along, this only recognizes what is the reality on the ground. Israel has had its government in Jerusalem for years now. That hating Islamic countries and their European sympathizers can't see what is evident should be of no consequence to the USA's foreign policy.

Old 12-06-2017, 12:00 AM

7,163 posts, read 4,729,326 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by muslim12 View Post
From the start of the zionist movement to the balfour declaration was palestine empty of inhabitants?
From 1917 Balfour declaration and British occupation of Palestine were jews intent on peace? From the arab revolution against britain to the 1947/48 break out of war was the intent of zionists to sing kumbaya with their palestinian neighbors or take over some land? I believe in a Palestine where me and all displaced Palestinians get their land back, war criminals are served justice, jerusalem is an open city like it once was under muslim rule a long time ago, and a land where jews dont discriminate against palestinians...
Oh please.

Muslims cannot “rule” a popsicle stand. Everything they touch turns to crap.

Old 12-06-2017, 12:22 AM

7,163 posts, read 4,729,326 times
The reason Trump is Moving the US embassy to Jerusalem is to please and pay back American billionaire and GOP donor SHELDON ADELSON.

Trump doesn’t care what happens in the region. All he cares about is himself. It isn’t that complicated.

Adelson has always wanted the US to recognize Jerusalem as the capital of Israel. I read it years ago.

Look it up. Some people are never happy with certain links, so my policy lately has been do your own research. It builds character.

Old 12-06-2017, 02:46 AM

4,765 posts, read 3,715,794 times
This is only likely to ratchet up tensions and cause more strife. Add that to the North Korean provocations and the possibility that we devolve into further violent events and even a nuclear exchange is escalating.

I cannot wait to hear what Trump supporters have to say when the nukes start flying and economic markets plunge into total chaos. Note to self: keep plenty of dry powder to buy so-called "defense" stocks!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies