Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-06-2017, 09:39 AM

29,548 posts, read 9,716,744 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by latimeria View Post
God wants someone who is always bashing people? That alone makes me discount him. I don’t think my God would want someone so bombastic and the like. Comparing him to how Jesus acted is light years of difference. Yes, sometimes there are people like Saul, but I haven’t seen a shred of an indication of him becoming Paul-like. Just still acting like a Saul.
Please. Pitting one man's god against another is in large part why we have the serious religious conflicts that exist on the planet today, most certainly including the Israeli/Palestinian conflict, those who believe their god made them "the chosen people" vs those who are not. Those who believe religious land rights go back thousands of years vs those who don't.

We'll at least need to stop the nonsense before we can stop the violence...

Old 12-06-2017, 09:40 AM

29,481 posts, read 14,643,964 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Volobjectitarian View Post
Jerusalem Embassy Act of 1995

PUBLIC LAW 104 - 45 - JERUSALEM EMBASSY ACT OF 1995

22 year old news. If the current administration does anything like "recognizing" Jerusalem as the capitol of Israel, or moving our embassy there, all they will be doing is UPHOLDING A PUBLIC LAW THAT MANDATED DOING BOTH THINGS 22 FREAKING YEARS AGO.

I swear to Christ, I have typed this same post to combat this same ignorance so many freaking times. Can anyone but me do a freaking search on Google?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Volobjectitarian View Post
The US made a public law 22 years that a) recognizes Jerusalem as the capitol of Israel and b) mandates moving the US embassy in Israel from Tel Aviv to Jerusalem, no later than 1999.

That the previous three Presidents and every Congress since 1995 have blown this law off does not lay this at Trump's feet. If his administration in conjunction with the legislative branch do in fact a) recognize Jerusalem as the capitol of Israel and b) move the US embassy in Israel from Tel Aviv to Jerusalem, all they will be doing is following a 22 year old public law of the United States to the letter, as written, passed and signed into law in 1995.

This is one of those funny Trump criticisms where he is doing something based on an existing law, regulation or EO that everyone else simply ignored, and he apparently is a bad man for following the written passed and signed laws? Am I the only one that can spot both the dysfunction and the hypocrisy in that? Why does Congress write and pass bills that are then signed into law if exactly none of the law is ever to be followed, enforced or applied on/by anyone, ever? What is the freaking point of the Jerusalem Embassy Act of 1995 if it was not meant to ever be followed to even the slightest degree? Good political theater for Clinton to make him seem like friend of Israel, while also agreeing to never uphold the law to be duplicitous friend of Islam? Same for Dubyah, same for Obama?

Why does that law exist if it is meant to never, ever be followed, enforced or applied?

People just keep ignoring this....SMH

Old 12-06-2017, 09:41 AM

13,778 posts, read 9,661,538 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elan View Post
"Trump moving to recognize Jerusalem as capital of Israel"

I thought that was a given. Israel's parliament/legislature is located in the capital Jerusalem. Anyone who doesn't recognize that is in denial.
FYI: Not one nation that has relations with Israel has their embassy located in Jerusalem.

We will be the first.

Old 12-06-2017, 09:45 AM

31,290 posts, read 20,737,754 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gladhands View Post
Because he’s a moron.
Hmmmm.... or maybe because Congress said he must do so.

WASHINGTON — The US Senate unanimously passed a resolution on Monday that commemorates the 50th anniversary of the reunification of Jerusalem.

Co-sponsored by 17 senators, including Majority Leader Mitch McConnell (R) and Minority Leader Chuck Schumer (D), the text calls on the legislative body to recognize the half a century landmark since Israel captured the eastern part of the city during the 1967 Six Day War.

“Jerusalem should remain the undivided capital of Israel in which the rights of every ethnic and religious group are protected,” the resolution states, adding that “there has been a continuous Jewish presence in Jerusalem for 3 millennia.”

https://www.timesofisrael.com/senate...reunification/

so, now who is the moron?

Old 12-06-2017, 09:45 AM

5,315 posts, read 2,113,297 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LearnMe View Post
Please. Pitting one man's god against another is in large part why we have the serious religious conflicts that exist on the planet today, most certainly including the Israeli/Palestinian conflict, those who believe their god made them "the chosen people" vs those who are not. Those who believe religious land rights go back thousands of years vs those who don't.

We'll at least need to stop the nonsense before we can stop the violence...
Dude, I’m Christian too. I just cannot fathom Trump as Christ.

Old 12-06-2017, 09:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by latimeria View Post
These posts you are making are so creepy, sad and weird. Trump is in no way whatsoever Christ. What a horrid thought.
I know someone else who firmly believes that Trump is part of the prophesy driving the future of the United States as dictated by God, according to the Mormon Religion, and he is without a doubt about this!

Gives you a good idea how many Americans think what they do for all variety of awfully curious reasons...

All too many Americans, it seems, think in ways that have no worthy justification and no place where objective efforts to find peace are being attempted. Along comes someone like Trump and his devout followers, for whatever their odd reasons, and just like that, all efforts to maintain and/or strive for peace over many decades are being reversed without cause or return.

Not only are we not making any progress, but we're going backwards!

Old 12-06-2017, 09:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mohawkx View Post
FYI: Not one nation that has relations with Israel has their embassy located in Jerusalem.

We will be the first.
"People just keep ignoring this...."

And not a good thing!

Old 12-06-2017, 09:51 AM

5,315 posts, read 2,113,297 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LearnMe View Post
I know someone else who firmly believes that Trump is part of the prophesy driving the future of the United States as dictated by God, according to the Mormon Religion, and he is without a doubt about this!

Gives you a good idea how many Americans think what they do for all variety of awfully curious reasons...

All too many Americans, it seems, think in ways that have no worthy justification and no place where objective efforts to find peace are being attempted. Along comes someone like Trump and his devout followers, for whatever their odd reasons, and just like that, all efforts to maintain and/or strive for peace over many decades are being reversed without cause or return.

Not only are we not making any progress, but we're going backwards!
I’m Mormon too. Just shows how people can interpret things, I guess.

Old 12-06-2017, 09:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roadking2003 View Post
Hmmmm.... or maybe because Congress said he must do so.

WASHINGTON — The US Senate unanimously passed a resolution on Monday that commemorates the 50th anniversary of the reunification of Jerusalem.

Co-sponsored by 17 senators, including Majority Leader Mitch McConnell (R) and Minority Leader Chuck Schumer (D), the text calls on the legislative body to recognize the half a century landmark since Israel captured the eastern part of the city during the 1967 Six Day War.

“Jerusalem should remain the undivided capital of Israel in which the rights of every ethnic and religious group are protected,” the resolution states, adding that “there has been a continuous Jewish presence in Jerusalem for 3 millennia.”

https://www.timesofisrael.com/senate...reunification/

so, now who is the moron?
Yes, add Congress to the list and/or those in the pocket of AIPAC and all the other sources of that same influence that goes beyond reason or logic. A problem going on in America ever since we inherited the Israeli/Palestinian conflict that just won't go away. Right up there with all the UN resolutions to which the U.S. and Israel are the sole two to vote against, contrary to all the other countries.

Like any of this makes sense from a well justified standpoint? Not by a long shot!

Old 12-06-2017, 09:53 AM

3,733 posts, read 5,965,362 times
And this will advance peace in the Middle East exactly how? If Trump had even the most basic of diplomatic skills or reason, he would stay way away from doing something this hair-brained. He's already got all the other world leaders shaking their heads at him. Our world stature just keeps falling further....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies