Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-05-2017, 02:30 PM

6,344 posts, read 4,406,867 times

Advertisements

Its alright, the stupid ignorant palestinians are at fault for being occupied, discriminated, and killed... Israel is some poor victim that keeps getting bullied by rock throwing palestinians and their mean high tech ak 47s... poor Israel only has one of the strongest high tech militaries to respond with....

It amazes to me to this day how people can condemn aouth african colonialism but can blatantly support Israeli colonialism whilst demonizing the occupied natives... it amazes me how i am here in America today because of the colonization of my homeland, but of course i have to accept otherwise im a terrorist... a dirty grimy terorist for not supporting the genocide of my people... i want Trump to go ahead and announce Jerusalem as Israels capital... go ahead, every occupier has his end.

Every occupier has his end.

Old 12-05-2017, 02:32 PM

5,129 posts, read 2,596,756 times
long overdue, Jerusalem is the capital afterall.

Old 12-05-2017, 02:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mohawkx View Post
Please stop with your Israeli propaganda. Israel has done more to eradicate the Palestinians since 1947 than the Palestinians have ever thought of doing to Israel. How many walls have the Palestinians built to wall off Israelis?
How many Israeli homes have the Palestinians bulldozed?
How many illegal settlements have Palestinians built on Israeli land?
How many israeli children were killed by palestinian rock throwers? How many days were ruined in Tel aviv because some palestinians decided to launch and ill built rocket at some israeli location after warning them... giving civilians enough time to take cover...

Because 0 palestinians children , families, elders were wiped out in single drone strikes where often times little to no warning was given prior...

Old 12-05-2017, 02:35 PM

862 posts, read 519,560 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mohawkx View Post
Please stop with your Israeli propaganda. Israel has done more to eradicate the Palestinians since 1947 than the Palestinians have ever thought of doing to Israel. How many walls have the Palestinians built to wall off Israelis?
How many Israeli homes have the Palestinians bulldozed?
How many illegal settlements have Palestinians built on Israeli land?
It is literally in the Hamas charter to destroy Israel.

Abbas is on record saying there would be not one Jew in a Palestinian state.

The entire middle east is muslim except for 8K square miles...get over it and live in peace with your jewish neighbors.

Old 12-05-2017, 02:36 PM

22,632 posts, read 14,941,676 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by amenalot View Post
President Trump is the most courageous President ever.
Courageous ... or reckless???

I am very conflicted about this proposal. I think moving the embassy to Jerusalem, which after all is Israel's capital, would be a pro-Israel gesture ... I am in favor of pro-Israel gestures.

However ...

How will this move advance the cause of PEACE in the Middle East?

Will it be detrimental to our relationship with the Arab countries ... some of which are supposedly our "friends" and "allies."

Understand this: moving the US embassy is purely a SYMBOLIC act. The US has always recognized Israel and maintained an embassy there ... in Tel Aviv ... which is merely a half hour drive or train ride from Jerusalem. Americans and Israelis needing to visit the embassy were never inconvenienced by it's location.

If this act enrages the entire Islamic world - something that will thrill the Fundamentalist Christians in this country - it will have a profoundly negative impact on the United States and the American people.

Old 12-05-2017, 02:36 PM

68,329 posts, read 54,381,135 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dbones View Post
He's a moron because he isn't bowing to radical Islam's pressure?

He's a moron for thinking he should be the one to tell sovereign Israel what they should consider their capital.

Old 12-05-2017, 02:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RubyTwo View Post
It is literally in the Hamas charter to destroy Israel... you can't make this stuff up.
Can you blame them? Would you want to kiss ass with someone who wants you out of your land? I dont support hamas but can we really sit here and blame them?

Old 12-05-2017, 02:39 PM

862 posts, read 519,560 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by muslim12 View Post
Can you blame them? Would you want to kiss ass with someone who wants you out of your land? I dont support hamas but can we really sit here and blame them?
Yes I can blame them...it was never their land as you claim.

Jewish roots go back to present day Israel thousands of years before Muhammed.

No denial of history can change that.

Old 12-05-2017, 02:40 PM

23,707 posts, read 30,745,228 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hesychios View Post
Jerusalem was not given to Israel in the original partition. It was supposed to be an open city and our government's policy has been to maintain that status, especially notable in the granting of visas to residents of Jerusalem.

Israel has had an expansionist agenda for decades (almost since the beginning) due to the hard-right Orthodox Jews who want to rebuild 'David's kingdom' with the blood and tears of others. Their tactics have included colonizing public and private lands which do not belong to them, walling off people from their farms and homes, refusing to allow people to repair their own homes and annexing territories and driving the inhabitants out: essentially ethnic cleansing. These policies have been highly inflammatory for decades and our unreserved backing of Israel even with these crimes pretty much got our country sucked into the Middle East maelstrom in the first place. We are considered enemies of people across the region specifically because Israel is backed by us without reservation.

Jerusalem is symbolic of this expansionist policy. Not our policy, but theirs. But the USA is sure to pay a high price for it.

The Palestinian State (once it emerges) and Israel would both like to have Jerusalem as their capital. It has never been resolved and it is not an issue for us alone to decide. By moving the embassy to Jerusalem we would de facto be endorsing an excusive claim to the city by one party. The only nation to do so and it would be very provocative.

It would be like carelessly starting a forest fire, very unwise.

From the Armistice of 1949 to 1967 was Jerusalem an open city? From the Armistice of 1949 to 1967 was Jerusalem open to Jews? From the Armistice of 1949 to 1967 did the international community or the UN do anything to make Jordan make Jerusalem a open city? From the Armistice of 1949 to 1967 did Jordan expand and annex Judea and Samaria and rename them the West Bank? So who was really the expansionist?

Old 12-05-2017, 02:41 PM

76,971 posts, read 47,621,806 times
What's the price tag on the new embassy? Bush threw $750 million into building the Baghdad embassy. Nothing wrong with Trump saying Jerusalem is the capital, but why pour money into moving the embassy there? Sounds like a lot of money to invest in symbolism.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies