Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-09-2017, 09:36 AM

8,653 posts, read 6,129,575 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimj View Post
Yeah sure... Who inhabited the land prior to the U.S. being a country or the existence of the U.N. or even the Muslim religion? Please enlighten us...
Nope, I don't waste my breath on neocons stuck in their ways.. I typed what I had to say. I'll let the readers form their own opinions. I'm not going back centuries because I don't care who was there before the US was a country.. You sound like an Israeli firster...

Old 12-09-2017, 09:37 AM

6,904 posts, read 7,597,105 times
It's as though t-Rump WANTS war to occur, anywhere in the world, it doesn't matter to him - he just wants death and destruction. And he'll bring it on home to American soil if he can. He's worse than a fool - he is truly and completely evil.

Old 12-09-2017, 09:45 AM

21,430 posts, read 7,449,182 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 601halfdozen0theother View Post
It's as though t-Rump WANTS war to occur, anywhere in the world, it doesn't matter to him - he just wants death and destruction. And he'll bring it on home to American soil if he can. He's worse than a fool - he is truly and completely evil.
It is time to wag the dog.

Old 12-09-2017, 10:26 AM

29,531 posts, read 9,700,562 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Larry Caldwell View Post
You are generally accurate, though your timeline is a little fuzzy. We know there were Hebrews in Canaan about 1100 bc, and a recognizable tribe of Judah, so that puts Jews in Palestine about 1700 years before Mohammed. However, Muslims are just a splinter Jewish sect, just like Mormons are a splinter Christian sect. they all worship the same god. Speaking of Christians, they are also a splinter Jewish sect, though that is less recognizable since they have adopted a human god.

The conflict around Israel is only marginally religious, and that arises out of the Jewish claim that Yahweh gave them a deed to the area. There is also a lot of cultural conflict, since the Jewish society is only nominally Middle Eastern, and based primarily on European ideas and lifestyles. The Jews still maintain an apartheid government in Israel because, if they allowed Palestinians and Arabs a voice, the Jews would not be in control any more. Property rights are also a big bone of contention. They started by purchasing land in Israel, but military conflict allowed them to just take what they wanted. The process continues with the ostensibly illegal settlements on the West Bank, though the Israeli military attacks any Palestinian who objects.
A bit of that balance and "other side of the story" so sadly dismissed by those of us here and in Israel where that other side of the story doesn't sit so well with ours, regardless how true -- and unjust -- that other side of the story may be. Thanks.

Old 12-09-2017, 10:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Larry Caldwell View Post
Israel is about 8 million Jews surrounded by about 350 million non-Jews, mostly Muslims. The Muslims have had a lot of practice fighting the US and Israel has nowhere near the military base of the US. The likely scenario is that Israel will start to take civilian casualties, which will start a mass egress of Jews back to their countries of origin. They will hold their own for a while, with substantial US military aid, until they start running out of pilots and other trained military personnel. They will have to shrink their territory some for defensive purposes, and the only import-export path will be by air.

Israel has done great in brief strike wars like the Six Day War. There is no way they could survive a prolonged conflict. They will eventually be overwhelmed and Israel will be no more.
Israel could have never become what it became without the United States, and Israel would not exist today if it were not for the United States, and AIPAC. As long as both exist, Israel will continue to exist, but not in peace, not for as long as any of us are alive anyway. Too bad for all concerned and the children too.

Too bad and too sad...

Old 12-09-2017, 10:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wallflash View Post
Please don't make the stupid mistake of trying to guess how others think. It is a lame tactic. I have read a lot on the history. I had numerous discussions on this at another site with a Quaker who was very, very pro Palestinian, so I am well aware of the pre 1948 history, thanks. He was stuttering and muttering at the end of a week or so because his claims didn't quite stand up to the actual facts.

The bottom line is that the Palestinians had the chance to peacefully accept a country of their own. They chose not to, because they cant live in peace with their Jewish neighbors. There is no bias in this, it is simple historical fact. The Jews accepted the partition plan, which included a Palestinian country. The Palestinians refused to, because it included a Jewish country. And they have been attacking the Israelis ever since.

Far from me not wanting to accept all of history, it is the Palestinian side that wants to deny much of the area's history, such as the fact the Israelis deal harshly with the Arabs today specifically because the Arabs have spent 7 decades trying to find new and better ways to exterminate the Israelis.

Its not the Jews who have spent 3/4 of a century trying to figure out how to wipe the Palestinians off the face of the earth. Go learn this simple fact before spouting too much about other peoples biased views of ME history.
I don't "guess how others think." I read what others write and respond as I feel appropriate. Not a word of that response would I change having read more of what you think. Your "bottom line" is not everyone's bottom line, or are you doing the stupid thing you wrongfully accuse me of doing?

Old 12-09-2017, 10:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pruzhany View Post
Unless Israel dramatically changes the status quo at the Temple Mount in the Old City of Jerusalem, no bordering country will physically threaten Israel (except for maybe Lebanon). Currently the only country threatening Israel is Iran. Iran will use Hezbollah to do their dirty work. Israel bombs Syria every few weeks as Iran attempts to ship missiles to Lebanon and created launch sites in Syria. If Hezbollah crosses either border into Israel. Israel will not hold back this time around and will bomb them into non-existence. Hezbollah may have missiles, but Israel has much much more in the way of numerous armaments using cutting edge technology. Israelis fight for their lives and not money or land. Arabs fight for money and property. Arab soldiers will gain neither if they fight.Arabs are well known for using human shields.
I know from my experience in Lebanon and my sons know from their experiences in Iraq and Afghanistan.
Ask anyone who has served in the ME. Arabs will not put their own lives on the line.
Curious this notion...

Where those behind 9/11 not Arabs?

Old 12-09-2017, 10:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RubyTwo View Post
My scenario was in response to Larry's ridiculous assumption that the Arab world would up and destroy Israel without Israel putting up any sort of fight.

And if pushed to the brink Israel absolutely would use their nukes, they will do anything they have to for survival. Obviously it probably wouldn't get to that point, as their traditional weaponry should be strong enough to withstand any attack from Hamas, West Bank Militants, and Iranian Proxies. I was merely documenting a worst case scenario in where the entire Arab world goes and takes arms against Israel (LOL).

And for the record my country is the United States.
For the record...

The issue is not really who has or can kick the other's behind. Doesn't take a military strategist to see who has had the upper hand in that regard for a long time now, but how is that what justifies the victor?

There will be a day when the world is likely to look back at what is happening in Israel much like we must look back and see how we, the United States, did what we thought was needed "for survival" against the Indians. Today we look back, and we see that the United States was not just in how we treated the Indians, and that's "ancient" history of course that can't be undone.

Fast forward, and those sorts of injustices are not supposed to be happening in our far more modern and advanced world where the notion of International law has also evolved, and a UN, supposedly to help the world nations avoid/prevent such injustices, like the prior world wars, like what Saddam had in mind when he invaded Kuwait, like so many injustices still going on with regard to the Israeli/Palestinian conflict.

For the record my country is the United States as well, but I don't support United States foreign policy that is clearly wrong and/or unjust, like Trump seems intent on promoting. Oh HELL no!

Old 12-09-2017, 10:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tripleh View Post
your post wasn't racist, thats a blanket tern leftists use when they dont have an answer in a debate so they can run to their safe space.
Or..., if the comment wasn't racist, it was certainly insulting if not revolting to Arabs (and anyone else who objects to that sort of broad-brushed profiling). Shouldn't be just "leftists" who feel that way, and of course there are those less liberal who don't engage in that sort of garbage talk, but all too many who don't know better, like you apparently.

Old 12-09-2017, 10:53 AM

51,651 posts, read 25,790,245 times
What would the just thing be here?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies