Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-05-2017, 05:59 PM

24,260 posts, read 14,203,370 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MongooseHugger View Post
The Left already views that, and it happens, as just business. When Zuckerberg, Twitter, and even Apple (took down a pro-life app for no reason) do it, it's considered acceptable. And I'm tired of this one-sided Communist-run "justice" system. Our Founders were sick of King George and I'm just as sick of the Progressives as they were of George III.

I will push peacefully for Convention of States, but should you cross the red line and force our hand by incriminating speech of dissent so that we cannot get it done or should it appear to be failing due to inability to get 38 states, my loyalties stand with the true American patriots and against the tyrannical federal government, wherever the winds of that standing against them may blow....
Since when are websites considered public accommodations? This very site we are posting on can delete posts and ban people for what ever they decide is against TOS. A bakery is a public accommodation under federal and state law.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-05-2017, 06:05 PM

2,924 posts, read 1,587,254 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjrose View Post
Since when are websites considered public accommodations? This very site we are posting on can delete posts and ban people for what ever they decide is against TOS. A bakery is a public accommodation under federal and state law.
So a privately owned website can do what it wants but a privately owned baker can't? Perhaps the baker should get himself labeled as a "public accommodation" so he can sidestep the Gaystapo!

Old 12-05-2017, 06:08 PM

Quote:
So a privately owned website can do what it wants but a privately owned baker can't? Perhaps the baker should get himself labeled as a "public accommodation" so he can sidestep the Gaystapo!
Public accommodations are covered under anti-discrimination laws, web sites are not public accommodations.
The baker is already a public accommodation, he can not change that unless he wants to become a private membership only club.

Old 12-05-2017, 06:11 PM

8,665 posts, read 5,845,733 times
Quote:

GASTOPO...... perfect name for them!

Old 12-05-2017, 06:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by i_love_autumn View Post
Yes, expecting the same protections that religious people have is gestapo tactics.

Old 12-05-2017, 06:22 PM

2,924 posts, read 1,587,254 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by i_love_autumn View Post
Another good one is LGBT-

Licentious Gestapo Bullying Thugs

Old 12-05-2017, 06:23 PM

20,104 posts, read 9,011,934 times
travel ban overturned

religious freedom alive and well

Tax reform , the Trump way

how much winning can one President have?

Old 12-05-2017, 06:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by skeddy View Post
travel ban overturned

religious freedom alive and well

Tax reform , the Trump way

how much winning can one President have?
No ruling yet. Don't go counting chickens before they hatch.

"Can a man excuse his practices to the contrary because of his religious belief? To permit this would be to make the professed doctrines of religious belief superior to the law of the land, and in effect to permit every citizen to become a law unto himself"

A. Scalia.

Old 12-05-2017, 06:33 PM

17,156 posts, read 12,957,599 times
I don't understand how religious people who claim to have so much "faith" in their all powerful God yet feel the need to constantly speak for this entity, what he wants, what he thinks, what he desires. If they are so convinced that he is the most powerful being to have ever existed, why are they so insecure about God? I believe "religious freedom" is a poorly disguised way of saying "freedom to be an a-hole while taking no blame for my actions."

Old 12-05-2017, 06:40 PM

34,619 posts, read 21,607,699 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjrose View Post
The courts and federal and state law disagree with you, but you get on trying to get the CRA and anti-discrimination laws repealed.
Oh, I see, you think if it’s law, it’s right. What a good obedient citizen you are.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies