Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-06-2017, 05:33 PM

12,883 posts, read 13,893,032 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by PedroMartinez View Post
I can see you now, “Sorry Ms Parks but if you want to make the choice to ride on the bus, the law says you must sit in the back, and if need be, give your seat to a white man. That’s what society wants, and you decided to get on the bus. If you don’t like it, walk.”
Clearly you haven't read any of my posts here, because that is not at all what I'm saying and I would never say that.

You are damn inflammatory, take a seat. You have a lot of catching up to do on this thread.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-06-2017, 05:33 PM

24,261 posts, read 14,117,651 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gungnir View Post
You need to read the definition of religion in the 1964 CRA, not just assume Religion means what you think it does.

So is the KKK based on a founding belief? Well Duh! Does it have religious observance and practice? You think running around wearing white sheets and pointy hats is purely for their savoir faire?

Like it or not it appears to fit the criteria of a religion.
Is the KKK listed as a religion by the US?

If you go by that definition I am a religion. My local book club is a religion. The yoga class I attend is a religion. Everything is a religion.

Old 12-06-2017, 05:34 PM

18,401 posts, read 7,003,692 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjrose View Post
Those laws protect you too. Unless you don't have a race, sex, sexual orientation, or religion. Maybe you're a canine and thus not protected under any anti-discrimination laws since they only apply to humans.
I don't need protection from bakers who don't want to do business with me.

I know where there's another bakery.

Old 12-06-2017, 05:36 PM

34,620 posts, read 21,456,067 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JerseyGirl415 View Post
Clearly you haven't read any of my posts here, because that is not at all what I'm saying and I would never say that.

You are damn inflammatory, take a seat. You have a lot of catching up to do on this thread.
Catching up to what? This is clear cut. Any non-essential business should be allowed to refuse service to anyone they choose for any reason.

There is no catching up. That is how it should be.

Old 12-06-2017, 05:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FatBob96 View Post

But,but, but, besides from an inconvenience, your feelings might get hurt.

Government must enforce convenience and prevent hurt feelings. Haven’t you read the Constitution?

Old 12-06-2017, 05:40 PM

18,401 posts, read 7,003,692 times
Quote:
Nah, I think you've proven you really have no idea what you're talking about. Don't try to cover it up now.
I know that you have a problem with the concepts of non agression, personal property rights, freedom of association and the right to one's own labor.

And that you endorse the provision of labor by force of government.

That's all I need to know,

Old 12-06-2017, 05:42 PM

Quote:
I know that you have a problem with the concepts of non agression, personal property rights, freedom of association and the right to one's own labor.

And that you endorse the provision of labor by force of government.

That's all I need to know,
Some people love a government that has complete control over its citizens, as long as they like what that government does. They don’t understand the dangers.

Old 12-06-2017, 05:48 PM

19,390 posts, read 12,036,571 times
Quote:
Like I have pointed out many times (obviously you have not kept up with the tread, even in recent pages), does he also refuse to serve divorced people who are remarrying? Those who have cheated on their spouses and are getting married? Those who have kids before marriage, thus have had sex before marriage? Or are gays the only alleged religious issue? No one seems to want to address this. If it's really about religion, why not deny more people on that basis? It would look far less suspect.
Jack Phillips has addressed that. He would not make a cake celebrating a divorce. He will serve anyone but does not make goods to celebrate the things he objects to religiously. This isn't about the customers and if they are sinners, it's about the celebratory purpose for the goods he is making.

I don't see why this is so tough to understand. It certainly is not only about same sex weddings. I don't know how many people order divorce cakes, probably not many. Also it would not be considered discrimination to refuse to make a divorce cake, one would hope, so the gay wedding issue is the one that sticks and ends up at the SCOTUS.

8,278 posts, read 6,236,865 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjrose View Post
Is the KKK listed as a religion by the US?

If you go by that definition I am a religion. My local book club is a religion. The yoga class I attend is a religion. Everything is a religion.
There are no such lists, it would violate 1st Amendment protections. There are no state sanctioned religions, thus there cannot be any lists of state recognized religions, since that would be implicit sanction.

Hey the Church of the Flying Spaghetti Monster adherents may wear colanders for drivers licenses in certain states. That's a parody religion.

24,261 posts, read 14,117,651 times
Quote:

And if they refuse too?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies