Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-05-2017, 05:21 PM

29,514 posts, read 22,653,459 times

Advertisements

Good, babies and handling food and customer service at counter don't mix.

The concept itself, taking your young ones to work, I have no issues with. But leave it to some 'hero' to always take advantage of such opportunities.

No sympathies for her from me.

https://www.yahoo.com/lifestyle/dunk...005915660.html

Quote:
It all started when a customer with the social media handle @FlawdazFinest86 recently shared a photo of a female employee holding a baby while working the counter at Dunkin’ Donuts. “Really, DunkinDonuts?” read the caption of the now-deleted post, which was screen-shot and Instagrammed.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-05-2017, 05:27 PM

4,958 posts, read 2,237,693 times
I agree that I would not want food that served by an employee holding a tiny poop and snot factory however, a Instagram post about it was childish and cowardly.

Be an adult and ask to speak to a manager. If the manager is not present or not responsive, take it up the chain. No reasonable person would find holding a child while serving food to customers acceptable.

Old 12-05-2017, 05:30 PM

6,137 posts, read 3,864,079 times
No sympathies from me either.

Food safety standards are low enough already in restaurants. I personally would not want my coffee to served up by a worker that was holding a baby with possibly a poopy diaper.

I think it is good that she makes an effort and all but she should just take the day off if she can't afford childcare. I have worked in that industry before and they should have more standards including no sick employees allowed and no babies behind the counter.

I also don't think it is in the babies best interests to be behind the counter with the cooking equipment either.

I think it's commendable that she makes an effort but still if she can't find a babysitter than she should take the day-off without pay or use her vacation time.

Personally, I rarely go out to eat for anything but coffee because I have worked in food service before and personally I prefer took cook my own food.

Old 12-05-2017, 05:30 PM

50,289 posts, read 47,043,365 times
OMG a BABY!!!!!! What was she thinking!!!!!!! We need to pass a law against holding babies while you are at work!!

Yet people are ok with the sympathy,,,,errrr support dogs in the same store.

Old 12-05-2017, 05:32 PM

4,983 posts, read 3,291,120 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post
OMG a BABY!!!!!! What was she thinking!!!!!!! We need to pass a law against holding babies while you are at work!!
That’s discriminatory.

Old 12-05-2017, 05:44 PM

15,292 posts, read 7,759,397 times
Quote:
In not-so-cool news, a woman who works at Dunkin’ Donuts is being shamed online for holding a baby at work.
The term "being shamed" in this case is used as a way to shame anyone who would criticize, and put the subject outside the realm of legitimate logical debate... one more step on the road to a feminized society.

Old 12-05-2017, 06:59 PM

14,735 posts, read 15,038,045 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post

Yet people are ok with the sympathy,,,,errrr support dogs in the same store.

You're a little behind times for that. It already IS against the law for a hired cook working in a food service facility to be holding a baby while preparing the food.

It is also against the law for support animals to be present in the kitchens of food service facilities.

Old 12-05-2017, 07:26 PM

8,090 posts, read 6,964,197 times
In late capitalism women have to work, but aren’t paid enough to cover daycare. Meanwhile, conservatives argue that we should eliminate welfare AND the minimum wage.

Old 12-06-2017, 12:46 AM

8,232 posts, read 3,492,716 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gladhands View Post
In late capitalism women have to work, but aren’t paid enough to cover daycare. Meanwhile, conservatives argue that we should eliminate welfare AND the minimum wage.
Yep, and the waiting list for child care assistance in some places is several years long. Some places even have frozen waiting lists for the child care assistance and there is a waiting list for applying to be on the waiting list if it is ever unfrozen. Around here child care can easily cost as much as what you make on a part-time, minimum wage job.

And if a single mother receives welfare she is required to work so many hours a week whether she can get help with child care or not.

Old 12-06-2017, 12:53 AM

34,300 posts, read 15,652,035 times
Babies are gross. Why don't they just grow up.

Then they can leave mom at home and run the cash register.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies