Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-08-2017, 08:30 AM

42,750 posts, read 25,932,711 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by soy sauce View Post
I think it’s atrocious using abortion for contraception. Which most women do. Very irresponsible. Your body your choice.
Seriously, that is just a bizarre thing to say, and then to double down and say that's what most women do? wow

Old 12-08-2017, 10:17 AM

7,235 posts, read 7,006,280 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by soy sauce View Post
I think it’s atrocious using abortion for contraception. Which most women do. Very irresponsible. Your body your choice.
Uh.....either you don't know what abortion is, or you don't know what the definition of contraception is. Which is it--both?

Old 12-08-2017, 12:48 PM

1,259 posts, read 1,245,446 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by monumentus View Post
I just read my post twice and nowhere can I find myself suggesting any such thing??? You appear to be making it up yourself.

Here you are making up numbers too. Yes many unplanned pregnancies are due to not using contraception. Many are due to using it but not using it correctly because education on these things is alas very poor. And many are also due to using it entirely correctly but the contraception for other reasons simply fails.

I think we can bring more that subjective opinion and moral high horsing to bear on measuring the level of responsibility and irresponsibility that each of those entails. But even then I am not sure what utility that would bring. The fact still remains that a person has become pregnant - they do not want to be - and there is no argument on offer as to why they should not have among their solution set the option of abortion.

Why education is poor is anyone's guess. I remember in my own home country of Ireland when the countries most popular (actually - at that time - the only) late night talk show demonstrated first by way of video and then by the host how a condom should correctly be used.

The outrage from the public after the show was well documented in our print media at the time. Why people are so resistant to not only good but _early_ sexual education of our public in schools and in media is a mystery to me.
Y’all know the point I’m trying to make. That most women use abortion as a “form” of BC. I don’t think I have to be that articulate for you guys to understand. I’m sure you guys got it the first time, but go ahead be purposely obtuse.

Bottom line: women should have every right to kill their baby. I know the wording is awful but it is what it is.

Old 12-08-2017, 02:34 PM

18,750 posts, read 11,720,618 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAMS14 View Post
You could have stopped right there. When the source is the OP you know what follows is going to be bogus fundamentalist claptrap.

I hear ya, but I also understand the misguided emotion. I find the whole concept of abortion abhorrent. I personally could never have one. That doesn't mean that I don't respect an other's decision to do so. It is a personal choice and no belief system trumps another. Live and let live.

Old 12-08-2017, 02:49 PM

21,382 posts, read 7,857,727 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by reed067 View Post
When the men here who want to point their fingers at any woman have the ability to give birth then you can say whatever you want. Until then it's THIER body NOT yours.
never understood this *logic*

When a woman has sex she understands that pregnancy is a consequence and bears the responsibility 50/50 with the man, who also understands that yes, sex leads to pregnancy. Can't have one without the other.

Don't want to get pregnant? Don't have sex. Pretty simple and is 100% effective. And if you can't control yourself well that's on YOU.

Old 12-08-2017, 02:50 PM

1,710 posts, read 1,452,806 times
IDK its really not that hard to not get pregnant.

Old 12-08-2017, 02:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by newtovenice View Post

Don't want to get pregnant? Don't have sex. Pretty simple and is 100% effective. And if you can't control yourself well that's on YOU.
And to further that, don't want to be pregnant? Have a safe, legal abortion. It's that simple and 100% effective.

Old 12-08-2017, 02:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjrose View Post
This. But also add free, or truly low cost, effective birth control for men and women.
How difficult is it to walk into the 7-11, walmar, kmart, cvs, walgreens, rite aid, grocery store, gas station, quicke mart, convenience store ... and buy condoms? Seriously, can you name a store that doesn't sell condoms?

You can buy birth control EVERYWHERE.

This is not an excuse any longer. Condoms are EVERYWHERE. And cheap.

Old 12-08-2017, 02:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cantabridgienne View Post
And to further that, don't want to be pregnant? Have a safe, legal abortion. It's that simple and 100% effective.
Well, no because to have an abortion you are ALREADY PREGNANT.

Biology fail 101.

Old 12-08-2017, 02:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by newtovenice View Post
Well, no because to have an abortion you are ALREADY PREGNANT.

Biology fail 101.
Well, yes. Because most normal human beings are not going to remain celibate if they do not want to procreate at a given time. Most normal, healthy adults are sexually active, at least to some degree.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies