Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-07-2017, 12:18 AM

78,863 posts, read 46,608,641 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJJersey View Post
"Chronic cannabis users are at risk of experiencing a horrifying new condition that is being reported at hospitals across the country. 'Scromiting,' doctors say, is becoming an all-too-familiar site at emergency rooms, with patients 'screaming and vomiting' as they turn up for help."

Heavy marijuana users showing up at the ER 'scromiting' | Daily Mail Online

More bad news for the notion that pot is safe and great. The drugs build up in your brain and cause vomiting and screaming. Chime: but, but, but, big pharma!

LOL!

Damn, they got a hold of the Bubba Kush and like the taste and forgot the high.

The only time you throw up from smoking pot is when you are rubbing the furry wall after drinking too much.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-07-2017, 12:19 AM

7,183 posts, read 4,765,000 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by T-310 View Post
But this side effect is new.

Stoners just want to get stoned.
Yeah, this new adverse side effect shows up after cannabis is becoming legalized.

Perhaps we should call this new syndrome LEGALITIS.

Please.

Old 12-07-2017, 12:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EDnurse View Post
Yeah, this new adverse side effect shows up after cannabis is becoming legalized.

Please.

LOL!!

Chuckle of the night!

Old 12-07-2017, 12:54 AM

6,115 posts, read 3,085,965 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MJJersey View Post
"Chronic cannabis users are at risk of experiencing a horrifying new condition that is being reported at hospitals across the country. 'Scromiting,' doctors say, is becoming an all-too-familiar site at emergency rooms, with patients 'screaming and vomiting' as they turn up for help."

Heavy marijuana users showing up at the ER 'scromiting' | Daily Mail Online

More bad news for the notion that pot is safe and great. The drugs build up in your brain and cause vomiting and screaming. Chime: but, but, but, big pharma!
I wonder how many do not have health insurance coverage where our tax dollars are used to take care of their "scromiting" conditions?

Old 12-07-2017, 12:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoCardinals View Post
I wonder how many do not have health insurance coverage where our tax dollars are used to take care of their "scromiting" conditions?

It didn't meet their deductible, to pay the doctors and nurses to laugh all night about it.

Old 12-07-2017, 01:44 AM

17,916 posts, read 24,345,683 times
Christian prayer has caused American churches to be flooded with parishioners who engage in uncontrollable bouts of gay sex.

Source: Daily Mail

Old 12-07-2017, 07:21 AM

3,129 posts, read 1,331,571 times
Quote:

Please.
If you are still working as an ED nurse, please tell us, in no uncertain terms, how many cases of "scromiting" you have seen? If you don't mind, also please tell us how many years you have worked as a ED nurse.

There is a doctor on this thread who says he has scromiting patients that have to be treated in the ER every 1 to 2 months because they refuse to stop smoking pot. I have called him out on it because I know he is making it up, so I would love to hear the testimony from other hospital professionals.

Old 12-07-2017, 07:41 AM

19,620 posts, read 12,215,689 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dane_in_LA View Post
FWIW, I don't touch the stuff, and I still maintain that anything you read in the Daily Mail is likely to be if not flat-out untrue, then at least sensationalized beyond description.

"Flooding" ERs, please.
Here is an article from NPR. It sounds like an uptick or just an increased recognition of this syndrome. Flooding ERs is overstating it but it is still a real thing.

https://www.npr.org/sections/health-...-marijuana-use

It could be as people use it to help with other medical problems like depression, they become dependent on it to feel normal. In that way it is addictive. The build up from constant use can cause this syndrome in some people.

Old 12-07-2017, 07:42 AM

18,158 posts, read 15,621,649 times
Quote:

Please.

Oh my yes. LMAO. Yea its a brand new thing right? Riiiiight.

Old 12-07-2017, 07:55 AM

25,231 posts, read 16,933,215 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tamajane View Post
Here is an article from NPR. It sounds like an uptick or just an increased recognition of this syndrome. Flooding ERs is overstating it but it is still a real thing.

https://www.npr.org/sections/health-...-marijuana-use

It could be as people use it to help with other medical problems like depression, they become dependent on it to feel normal. In that way it is addictive. The build up from constant use can cause this syndrome in some people.
One can become dependent/addicted to it like someone gets addicted to 7-Up, purely mental, unlike alcohol, tobacco, and harder drugs, which is a physical addiction.
Funny thing, I have never even heard of one case of this syndrome so I asked two different people I know that work in the medical profession, ones as a Doctor and the other an ER nurse neither had ever heard of it, so not thinking this is some epidemic. So when it comes down to it Peanut Butter is far more dangerous, the allergy to it has killed more than one person.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies