Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-07-2017, 06:19 PM

24,260 posts, read 14,207,906 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by thecoalman View Post
Likely the availability and increased amount of THC. Some of these people could probably smoke a pound of pot from the 70's and get nothing.
I doubt it's availability, I could get pot easily 30+ years ago on my way home from school. And I was considered a good girl. I bet the bad kids could find it far easier.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-07-2017, 07:06 PM

41,813 posts, read 51,051,710 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjrose View Post
I doubt it's availability, I could get pot easily 30+ years ago on my way home from school. And I was considered a good girl. I bet the bad kids could find it far easier.
.... but you couldn't walk into a corner store and buy one hit wonder weed either.

Old 12-07-2017, 11:36 PM

23,856 posts, read 13,749,968 times
Quote:
.... but you couldn't walk into a corner store and buy one hit wonder weed either.
???? Where can you do that?

That's not how it works in CA, OR, or WA.

Old 12-08-2017, 04:15 AM

12,963 posts, read 13,676,205 times
I attended my share of pot parties in the 70's, as an observer of course, I heard about a remedy called "smoking yourself down." After many hours of constant smoking. You simply switch strains and started over. For instance after many hours of Acapulco gold you would go with Panama red, which had a peppery presentation as I remem...er ..was told. Not sure if it worked but it was always worth a try.

Last edited by thriftylefty; 12-08-2017 at 04:42 AM..

Old 12-08-2017, 06:16 AM

41,813 posts, read 51,051,710 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jacqueg View Post

I was being facetious with the corner store comment. Point is that most of the pot available years ago is nothing to compared to some of the stuff on the market now and the fact it's legal has made it much more available. Average 70's pot is like comparing beer to vodka to what you can get now. You could probably give one these heavy users of today a pound of it. they could smoke the whole damn bag and they would be asking you if it was fake weed.

I got nothing against it's legalization and have known many people that smoke a lot of pot, this condition is the first time I've heard about it. Seems to me it's like the equivalent of puking from drinking too much. I'm just commenting on it and why I would think it's now come up.

Old 12-08-2017, 06:40 AM

19,637 posts, read 12,226,539 times
Quote:
I got nothing against it's legalization and have known many people that smoke a lot of pot, this condition is the first time I've heard about it. Seems to me it's like the equivalent of puking from drinking too much. I'm just commenting on it and why I would think it's now come up.
It isn't a one time thing like drinking too much and getting sick. it is a syndrome that continues until the user stops using. It seems more like when you get a pharmaceutical drug side effect that kicks in after you have been taking the drug for a while because it builds up in your body.

Old 12-08-2017, 07:23 AM

Quote:
It's easier for teens to get pot on the street than it is in a dispensary.

Old 12-08-2017, 07:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tamajane View Post
It isn't a one time thing like drinking too much and getting sick. it is a syndrome that continues until the user stops using. It seems more like when you get a pharmaceutical drug side effect that kicks in after you have been taking the drug for a while because it builds up in your body.
How many cases of "scromiting" have been reported?
How big is this "flood"?

Old 12-08-2017, 07:29 AM

17,717 posts, read 13,536,243 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jacqueg View Post

Bodegas. Say it with me!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KIncGi-Ne2Q

Old 12-08-2017, 07:41 AM

18,461 posts, read 7,089,783 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roadking2003 View Post
People have been consuming cannabis for centuries. So if it's a "new condition", there must be something else involved.

Weed has become a lot stronger in the last few decades with all the "designer strains".

The internet and legalization and general increased acceptance in society has opened the door to cultivators to be able to "perfect" their crops.

There is a culture of competition among pot farmers as to who can produce the biggest, baddest buds out there. and I don't think regulation is really caught up or enforced much, so who knows what might go into the process?

This ain't your Grandpa's dope.......partake at your own risk.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies