Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-08-2017, 02:32 AM

11,120 posts, read 5,582,785 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by juneaubound View Post
The bolded accurately summarizes the video in one sentence.

This in no way, shape or form mirrors logical or normal adult behavior. The Mayor was out of line personally. She was out of line professionally. I am glad that the target of her brow-beating stood up for herself and called the Mayor out.

Do you suppose the right-wingers who are getting their jollies on this, are expecting liberals to support this mayor? Unlike the right, we are often willing to call out those who pretend to promote our side of things and call them idiots, when it's a fitting description. She's not likely to be re-elected, when this video is seen by all the voters in town.

The woman who stood up for herself and rejected being labeled as "privileged", just because she's white, might be one of the most truly liberal people at that meeting.

Old 12-08-2017, 02:58 AM

39,855 posts, read 26,477,889 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
Please tell me you are you kidding.

She's a Democrat.
Of course-that was sarcasm. Poorly done sarcasm perhaps...

Old 12-08-2017, 06:18 AM

2,727 posts, read 2,832,211 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsjj251 View Post
No, she is an example of the double standard. Republicans cry on stage about traditional marriage or something along those lines and it is ok.

But a liberal crying about white privilege isnt.

It just proves that there is a giant double standard.
Mrs. Mayor, is that you?

Old 12-08-2017, 06:30 AM

2,830 posts, read 2,501,981 times
Quote:
That really is a must see video.
The total insanity and inability to reason sends the loon into a breakdown. Notice she defaults to feelings and if others don't feel what she does they have to be silenced and barred from participation.
Yep. Liberal playbook 101... when logical discourse fails, smear the person and assign labels.

Sadly, there are too many nutjobs like her in this country.

Old 12-08-2017, 06:40 AM

21,461 posts, read 10,560,149 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve McDonald View Post
Do you suppose the right-wingers who are getting their jollies on this, are expecting liberals to support this mayor? Unlike the right, we are often willing to call out those who pretend to promote our side of things and call them idiots, when it's a fitting description. She's not likely to be re-elected, when this video is seen by all the voters in town.

The woman who stood up for herself and rejected being labeled as "privileged", just because she's white, might be one of the most truly liberal people at that meeting.
I disagree with your first part. Democrats in Congress behave like one hive. No dissent allowed. Both parties do it. I’m sick of party politics.

I liked the lady who stood up to her. All she wanted to do is be unifying with her message that we’re all privileged just for being born here and having freedom. I honestly can’t see what’s wrong with that message.

Old 12-08-2017, 08:31 AM

36,856 posts, read 17,347,969 times
Quote:

I disagree. But instead of giving you reasons why I'll just go with "I think your white male privilege is showing".

Old 12-08-2017, 08:33 AM

45,319 posts, read 60,489,441 times
Quote:

I noticed that in your morality is mine spiel you neglected to criticize the Mayor.

Old 12-08-2017, 12:11 PM

31,848 posts, read 17,592,604 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldhag1 View Post
Regardless of whether white privilege exists or not, someone needs to explain to this "leader" that being passionate about something does not equate to you being right and someone who believes differently being wrong. What matters is not your feelings but the facts. That was embarrassing to watch.

Just for the record, the chick claiming to know all about what it's like to be a minority because she works with them wasn't right either, but she is entitled to her opinion without being accused of nefarious intentions. Believing white privilege doesn't exist doesn't make you racist, not attuned to the reality of others perhaps, but not racist. Throwing that charge around for any little thing cheapens it and allows people to ignore it when it's the real thing.

Siiiiiiiiiiiigggggggggggggghhhhhhhhhhhhh.....

When people are not being treated fairly, respectfully, or equally due to the color of their skin, their body shape, their level of attractiveness, their physical health, or their ability to grasp a complex concept - it's a case of unfairness toward one group - not a case of privilege of the other group.

Referring to one group as privileged is not only a false narrative, it eliminates the opportunity for anything to change because instead of the focus being placed on those who cannot see past color - it puts the focus on a group of people whose skin happens to be white.

White privilege doesn't exist. Racial bias, prejudice and stereotypical thinking exists.

Old 12-08-2017, 01:32 PM

50,239 posts, read 46,991,184 times
I like how the guys on the other side just watch the train wreck unfold.

Be like

Old 12-08-2017, 01:40 PM

17,986 posts, read 27,444,769 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by YuMart View Post
https://hooktube.com/watch?v=_k8PahVTNJg

Hahaha, I love it! That woman showed her!
That mayor looks like she was raised on Main Stream Media.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies