Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-12-2017, 09:18 AM

18,453 posts, read 7,081,915 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NY_refugee87 View Post

Safe act, taxes ever increasing... I can go on with my reasons for my fire sale and getting out of Cuomos clutches.

I'm not the only one, I'm the only one vocal about it here. There's others here that left NY for that reason. swilliams is one.

Go ahead start a thread with a poll asking who left NY with the safe act being a reason.
Go to AR15 dot com and perform a search on how many left NY and see where they went.
#1 Pennsylvania, #2 Florida, #3 Texas, #4 Tennessee, tied for 5th the Carolinas.
Then skim their postings. Good majority of them used to be democrats.

2 of my cousins moved to PA within a week of the safe act they wanted me to go with them when they left.

3 friends from college quit their jobs, sold everything and relocated to Texas within a month of the safe act passing

I have about 2 dozen or so friends ages 26-35 looking to move this year out of NY and another 10 looking to get out of MA and CT... And they're all in lucrative fields and all stand to gain leaving NY. One of my gal pals may have her horse ranch sold by January/February.

If it's sold by then she will be buying one in Ocala and moving her and her family down her property taxes are around 90k per year. Down here, the place she might buy, with more acreage and 2 larger stables and larger house (mansion) property taxes are 28k per year her hubby owns and operates a trucking and towing company. He might stay behind to run it for a few more months before he sells.
With what she saves in taxes, she said she can hire 3 or 4 ranch hands at 16-18 per hour plus insurance. And trickle down doesn't work huh?

Currently it's just her and 1 other at 15 per hour with hubby helping out when he's not super busy. Both will walk away pocketing millions with the sales of their businesses, and saving tens of thousands in taxes. Should he start his business back up down here... they'll live like kings. Maybe never have to work ever again other than give orders...

Don't worry. I'll help get them out of NY and you can enjoy the high taxes and lack of freedom. I kind of already did, showing them all what I pay in property taxes here compared to one of the lowest taxed counties in NY where I used to live and what taxes get you here vs there... Then had them run the numbers on Trump's tax plan. Oh yeah, they're mostly registered republican voters too that want out of the northeast. That must warm the cockles of your heart.

Afterall... someone has to pay for free SUNY tuition and reviving junkies
Take comfort in knowing entrepreneurs, police officers, medical professionals, etc are fed up and wanting out. It's what you Schumer Debla*s*shole Gillibrand and Cuomo wanted.
Enjoy.

Serious question. What's going to happen to NY with alot of small business owners leaving, Cuomos Start up NY 7 year tax exemption, Free SUNY college tuition, reviving junkies in upstate, and relocating to America? Is there enough elitists on long island, in the boroughs, in Scarsdale, Yangkahz, Dutchess and Orange County to make up for the loss?

I'm doing my part to get those out of NY and into free states with lower taxes, lower costs of living, that happen to be pro 2A.

I left NY in 1997......long before the SAFE act.

My reasons at the time were more economic in nature, but even back then I could see where the state was heading with the high taxes and crappy economy in Upstate.... even back then companies were shutting down and leaving in droves.
It didn't take a lot of convincing my wife and I that that there was just no future for us there.

The Startup NY program is a joke.

What they don't tell you in the commercials for it is that to receive the tax breaks, your business has to serve the university system in some way.

So, want to open a coffee shop on campus? You get the tax breaks.

Want to open a widget manufacturing company ?.....sorry you're SOL.

We go back home occasionally to visit relatives.... but every time we do, it doesn't take long to see that we made the right decision..... Upstate still sucks economically speaking.

And crap like the SAFE act is just another turd on the pile of NY's BS. .
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-12-2017, 09:24 AM

18,718 posts, read 7,597,559 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mellowmike View Post
California requires you to state the reason you need a CCW. You can't just say because you're scared to go out without a gun.
And if the govt officials decide you don't have a good enough reason, they will infringe your right to own and carry. In writing.

You have to hand it to them, they have chutzpah. Even if they don't have legal grounds.

Old 12-12-2017, 09:27 AM

957 posts, read 757,724 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FatBob96 View Post
Keep and bear arms doesn't mean you only have a right to have a gun in your house.

Just because you don't feel a need to carry in public doesn't give you the right to deny others to do so.

You are probably more likely to need one in public than in your home anyways.

And if you really think you can bring a gun into other states.... try telling that to New Jersey.
Well regulated militia>Note the word "Regulated"
Just because you feel the need to carry concealed because you're scared doesn't give you the right to do so. Nowhere in the 2nd Amendment does it say you have a right to conceal your weapon. States rights under the 10th Amendment come into play.
If you feel like you need a weapon in public, maybe you should just stay home as the public would be much safer.

Old 12-12-2017, 09:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post
I have serious doubt that dude owns a firearm. Serious doubt.
I've owned firearms since I was in my teens, which was probably before you were born, but I'm just not obsessed with them.

Old 12-12-2017, 09:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roboteer View Post
And if the govt officials decide you don't have a good enough reason, they will infringe your right to own and carry. In writing.

You have to hand it to them, they have chutzpah. Even if they don't have legal grounds.
Seeing some of the gun nut extremists on this board, it wouldn't be a bad idea.

Old 12-12-2017, 09:33 AM

29,442 posts, read 14,623,440 times
Quote:
I've owned firearms since I was in my teens, which was probably before you were born, but I'm just not obsessed with them.

Why? Are you afraid of something ? Just curious, you claim that those that conceal carry are afraid of something and obsessed yet you own firearms.

Old 12-12-2017, 09:37 AM

18,780 posts, read 18,121,941 times
Quote:
Seeing some of the gun nut extremists on this board, it wouldn't be a bad idea.
The gun nut extremists 'criminals' are the ones the government never goes after - like Jose Ines Garcia Zarate!

Old 12-12-2017, 09:37 AM

709 posts, read 656,397 times
Quote:
Just because you feel the need to carry concealed because you're scared doesn't give you the right to do so. Nowhere in the 2nd Amendment does it say you have a right to conceal your weapon. States rights under the 10th Amendment come into play.
If you feel like you need a weapon in public, maybe you should just stay home as the public would be much safer.
That's actually partially true (although regulated doesn't mean what you think it means, apparently).

If states want to regulate concealed carry, I suppose that's fine. If states want to regulate open carry, I suppose that's fine, too. However, if the state precludes both means of carrying, they've violated the second amendment. The right to keep and bear arms doesn't mean much if you can't go anywhere outside of your house.

P.S. Stow your vitriol. I can't stand people like you who would seek to violate people's rights because your political opinions are silly and ignorant, but here I am agreeing with a portion of your argument.

Old 12-12-2017, 09:41 AM

18,453 posts, read 7,081,915 times
Quote:

The fallacy of the term "well regulated militia " meaning to have many rules and regulations placed on the ownership of firearms, or ownership only by the military has been debunked ad nauseam.

What I feel about what I need is none of your business.

Old 12-12-2017, 09:44 AM

16,542 posts, read 8,584,349 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlongTheI-5 View Post
As long as black people enjoy these rights, I'm good with it.
Why wouldn't they be? Many NRA members are minorities, and blacks in particular have always appreciated the NRA civil rights stance.
An armed black man was able to defend his family from the Democrats dressed in KKK outfits.

Someone who has a CCW, are typically the most responsible gun owners out there and have been vetted with additional background checks.
To think I am legally ok in one state but not in another, is absurd. If that standard were applied drivers licences from other states, you'd have plenty of law abiding people facing fines and jail when they crossed state lines.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies