Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-07-2017, 05:33 AM

17,717 posts, read 13,524,115 times

Advertisements

The House approved a bill on Wednesday that would ease legal restrictions for carrying concealed firearms across state lines – a move pushed by the National Rifle Association that comes just weeks after mass shootings in Las Vegas and Texas.

On a mostly party-line vote, the measure easily passed, 231-198, although 14 Republicans voted no. Six Democrats voted for the so-called reciprocity measure, which would allow a gun owner with the proper permit in any state to carry a concealed firearm to another state where it is also legal.

https://www.npr.org/sections/thetwo-...ss-state-lines

As someone who wants to travel full time within the next couple of years I like this. I'm sure there ae some serious downsides to this bill as well. Let me get some coffee before I can think of some.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-07-2017, 05:43 AM

3,212 posts, read 1,651,114 times
As long as black people enjoy these rights, I'm good with it.

Old 12-07-2017, 06:17 AM

50,242 posts, read 46,997,454 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlongTheI-5 View Post
Why wouldn't they? What existing gun law forbids "blacks" from carrying that doesn't the "white man".

Old 12-07-2017, 06:20 AM

16,761 posts, read 8,207,350 times
So much for states rights. A major funder of the GOP wants to open the door for crazies to carry across state lines to export mass killings.

I am a gun owner.

Old 12-07-2017, 06:23 AM

15,088 posts, read 13,444,381 times
I think we should stop with the civilized pretenses and just declare open season on the populace. Everyone goes locked and loaded all the times, and anyone you kill you can eat. That's probably the GOP Senate version right there.

Old 12-07-2017, 06:26 AM

57,229 posts, read 26,172,300 times
This is a very foolish bill, some states have absolutely no restrictions on concealed carry. I guess this was a reaction to the Las Vegas shooting, makes no sense. This morning I heard a survivor of the shooting indicating this was a good idea, crazy.

This has been promoted by the NRA and it appears they have their backers in the house. Who says congress doesn't do anything about mass killings, now we have their answer, more guns.

Old 12-07-2017, 06:33 AM

50,242 posts, read 46,997,454 times
Is there some magical, unicorn dust law keeping criminals from carrying concealed? If so, can someone google foo it for me so I'll feel better.

Old 12-07-2017, 06:33 AM

18,453 posts, read 7,081,915 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boss View Post
So much for states rights. A major funder of the GOP wants to open the door for crazies to carry across state lines to export mass killings.

I am a gun owner.
Well Boss,

You should know that the concept of States rights doesn't allow States to contradict constitutional rights.

And if you look at the actual facts, CCW permit holders as a group commit less crime than practically anyone else.

Old 12-07-2017, 06:35 AM

4,690 posts, read 10,411,984 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boss View Post

I am a gun owner.

But are you a Concealed weapons permit holder? You know that, statistically speaking, CCW permit holders are the Most law abiding group in this country? Ahead of law enforcement, and by a noticeable margin.

There's more risk in allowing LEOs across state lines than CCW permit holders.

Let that sink in for a second.

Now, I challenge you to find one instance of a CCW permit holder breaking a law/being violent against another with their firearm. Just one.

Old 12-07-2017, 06:37 AM

41,813 posts, read 51,023,289 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlongTheI-5 View Post
Black people are discriminated against by Democrat policies that dominate many of the cities they live in, in Chicago for example it's very expensive and difficult to obtain a gun. The most violent areas in Chicago have the lowest rates of legal gun ownership.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies