Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-08-2017, 08:47 AM

68,327 posts, read 54,350,985 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atalanta View Post
The aging boomers are tuff and strong both physically and mentally.
Most don’t need a substance to deal with aging.
That would be some millenilas who do.

My knees say otherwise.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-08-2017, 08:47 AM

13,899 posts, read 6,440,051 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raddo
I do. I'm a ham radio operator, and most of us are up there in years. I have overheard numerous conversations of old fogies talking, and many report that CBD creams work better than anything else they've tried, by rubbing them directly into the painful area.

They also express surprise, because as victims of the government brainwashing over the last 80 years they too believed that marijuana was a scourge.

Glad to hear it's working. That's good to know.

Old 12-08-2017, 08:48 AM

3,129 posts, read 1,330,909 times
Quote:
The aging boomers are tuff and strong both physically and mentally.
Most don’t need a substance to deal with aging.
That would be some millenilas who do.
Yes, we're tough. Fortunately, most of us are also open minded, unlike you. That is why you are in the 30% of the population (and declining rapidly) of those left that are for prohibition and all the ills it causes.

Old 12-08-2017, 08:50 AM

5,661 posts, read 3,520,022 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
My knees say otherwise.
Really you will smoke dope cause your knees hurt.
That says alot

Old 12-08-2017, 08:51 AM

3,129 posts, read 1,330,909 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ColoradoOnMyMind View Post
Love it, cannabis is fine in moderation. How do I invest through the stock market? I don't have hundreds of thousands to do my own startup
Just contact any broker. Investing in marijuana stocks is no different than investing in any other stocks.

Old 12-08-2017, 08:56 AM

68,327 posts, read 54,350,985 times
Quote:
Really you will smoke dope cause your knees hurt.
That says alot

Perhaps you're smoking dope? I said no such thing!

I responded to "Most don’t need a substance to deal with aging." with "My knees say otherwise". Never heard of Ibuprofen?

I favor cannabis as a sleep-aid.

Old 12-08-2017, 09:00 AM

1,330 posts, read 698,641 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raddo View Post
You need a remedy to your self-induced delusion.

There are millions of cannabis users in this country that have been using it for decades with no desire to seek "new heights of getting stoned". I am one of them.
Ignore him. He's just your local town fool living in his alternate reality. No amount of science or facts will change his mind.

Old 12-08-2017, 09:03 AM

18,984 posts, read 9,067,948 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
Perhaps you're smoking dope? I said no such thing!

I responded to "Most don’t need a substance to deal with aging." with "My knees say otherwise". Never heard of Ibuprofen?

I favor cannabis as a sleep-aid.
As do I. For this lifelong insomniac it's been great in that regard.

It is funny to hear someone claim seniors don't need drugs. The pharmaceutical industry would be very surprised to hear that.

And after 40+ years of use, I've never, ever tried anything harder, nor been tempted to.

Reefer Madness sure did its job well, though, judging from some of the ridiculous responses here.

Old 12-08-2017, 09:10 AM

12,716 posts, read 7,804,676 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rstevens62 View Post
Actually the pharma industry is one of the largest opponents of marijuana legalization, but its only because they are worried about their profits.

They were the largest opponent when it was on the ballot in AZ, turns out, right after it failed to pass, the drug company received their DEA approval for their own synthetic marijuana.

Strange to me that big pharma is fighting this tooth and nail, but when Govt enacted the tough opioid laws, not a single pharma company tried to challenge it??? Why would it be OK to crush one of their cash cows but not another?

The DEA are the ones to blame for this, they are basically the drug cartels lobbying arm in Washington, everything this agency has done has greatly benefited the drug cartels. Time to abolish the DEA for good.
While Big Pharma may have funded much of the opposition, what kind of ads did they run? Why did people in AZ vote against legalization? Let me guess. It was probably to protect the moral fabric of the state and to keep the evil demon weed out of the hands of children.

It's the same thing as states like Oklahoma and Utah and the strict prohibition-era alcohol laws. The liquor stores and distributors fund much of the effort to keep the strict laws in place because they are the ones that benefit, but the average person who supports the laws does so because they believe drinking is sinful according to the Bible or that it is a detriment to society.

Old 12-08-2017, 09:17 AM

3,221 posts, read 1,735,868 times
Quote:
Yeah, great

Medical pot is now approved for sleep apnea.
Most sleep apnea is caused by being overweight aka fat.
And if you smoke(how ironic)
And by sinus problems.

Oh boy, just another avenue for pot lovers and people addicted to get dope paid by taxpayers

To get rid of sleep apnea loose weight, exercise, see a ENT doctor and stop smoking.

Just another dumb reason and argument to approve something legal for dope lovers and wanters.
Sounds to me like you don't understand this drug. 1) It's generally not addictive (though I'm sure the rare case out there exists), and 2) whether medical or recreational it's generally not dangerous.

Besides, this will actually save taxpayers money be reducing the population of incarcerated people for a petty crime like marijuana possession. Our prisons are bloated with people arrested for drug possession. People who would otherwise get arrested for MJ possession in places where it's legal now have a better chance of getting a job and being productive members of society.

It will also significantly add to states' revenue (where it's legalized) by taxing and regulating it. It's really a win-win all around. Just look at Colorado, where thousands of jobs have been created in the marijuana industry and hundreds of millions of dollars in tax revenue has been collected. (I think it exceeded $1B this year).

I don't really understand why you brought up sleep apnea to prove your point, no one would suggest that the only way to treat sleep apnea is through marijuana. Cannabis has many applications. For example, I've found it to be great for treating queasiness and an unsettled stomach.

But to be honest, whether medical or recreational, who cares? Who cares if one is a "pot lover"? Gambling, drinking, and smoking tobacco are all legal vices that are by far more dangerous.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies