Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-07-2017, 07:35 PM

2,924 posts, read 1,586,620 times

Advertisements

The Left can't stand Trump and conservative. The Right can't stand Hillary and Democrats. We are increasingly refusing to be governed by what we view as the heavy-handed policies of the other side and I can see bloodshed coming in the future (I know the Left already considers it, and, if Obama was just a taste of what we could get if another Dem got in, I could see our side starting the shooting too.). If we cannot seem to agree enough to stay together, perhaps we should split right down the Mississippi or something.

Or perhaps we'll give the Democrats the West and East Coasts and we'll keep the Midwest and the South. You get Hawaii and we keep Alaska. Sound good? We'll even let you add Peurto Rico to the Democrat States of Amerika. (And you can have Chicwalkee, another state formed from the union of Milwaukee and Chicago.)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-07-2017, 09:03 PM

8,090 posts, read 6,955,059 times
Why, it’s almost as if a hostile foreign nation is trying to divide us, comrade.

Old 12-07-2017, 09:09 PM

3,212 posts, read 1,651,114 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MongooseHugger View Post
The Left can't stand Trump and conservative. The Right can't stand Hillary and Democrats. We are increasingly refusing to be governed by what we view as the heavy-handed policies of the other side and I can see bloodshed coming in the future (I know the Left already considers it, and, if Obama was just a taste of what we could get if another Dem got in, I could see our side starting the shooting too.). If we cannot seem to agree enough to stay together, perhaps we should split right down the Mississippi or something.

Or perhaps we'll give the Democrats the West and East Coasts and we'll keep the Midwest and the South. You get Hawaii and we keep Alaska. Sound good? We'll even let you add Peurto Rico to the Democrat States of Amerika. (And you can have Chicwalkee, another state formed from the union of Milwaukee and Chicago.)
Russia gets you.

Old 12-07-2017, 09:11 PM

12,638 posts, read 8,949,402 times
Let the left have commifornia, it can unify with Mexico and turn into the third world country it deserves to be. They can have the northeast too. The rest of us can then live in peace from their stupidity and insanity.

6,957 posts, read 8,486,926 times
We'll keep all the big blue cities in the red states as well! It'll be a financial disaster for the red states!

5,129 posts, read 2,595,148 times
prefer to just keep all the stupid in California and have them leave the union, they have a burning desire to do so, already.

Old 12-07-2017, 09:12 PM

12,638 posts, read 8,949,402 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tripleh View Post
prefer to just keep all the stupid in California and have them leave the union.
I can get on board with this. Let Mexico have Portland and Seattle, too though.

Old 12-07-2017, 09:14 PM

9,742 posts, read 4,491,618 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MongooseHugger View Post

Cool. The democrats get all the seaports and we can charge you republicans tariffs for access. Sign me up.

Old 12-07-2017, 09:16 PM

3,212 posts, read 1,651,114 times
The right wing will get to keep D.C. They will rename the city 'Putingrad'.

Old 12-07-2017, 09:17 PM

16,214 posts, read 11,325,556 times
Stable democracies have voluntarily agreed to partition themselves on a few occasions -- Sweden and Norway in the late Nineteenth Century and Czechoslovakia in 1993 being the best-known examples. But the trend toward what has been dubbed "Balkanization" is intensifying, and rapidly in recent years due to greater mobility and mass communication. It would seem only logical, and dangerously so, that this force would manifest itself within the borders of the world's largest, richest and most tested example of pluralism. The question here is whether we can stop the petty squabbling, like siblings fighting over a small (and likely to dwindle) estate, and recognize the much stronger bonds between us. Media hype to the contrary, I don't think we're anywhere close to the divisions I recall from the late Sixties -- let alone those which gave rise to our Civil War.

The more advanced, stable and prosperous a societal system, the less likely it becomes that its citizens will resort to force to settle their differences and that differences between two or more of those systems would be settled on the battlefield. That was apparent as early as 1815, when the crowned heads of Europe made the first attempt to stabilize the balance of power between them, The upshot of this was to last for just about a century, finally succumbing to the failure of mercantilism (non-militaristic competition for captive markets, which eventually got out of control), and the rise of ideologically-based authoritarianism, (whether Fascist or Marxist, neither extreme has anything to offer the thinking individual). And the resolution of these conflicts resulted in bloodshed at an unprecedented level; a mistake we cannot afford to repeat.[u]

Civil unrest in America, particularly on the West Coast, probably is rooted in nothing more than the motivated individual's desire for something better, countervailed by the pursuit of stability, structure and self-perpetuation (at the expense of individuality) common to any successful enterprise. The very-successful very-few make a convenient target for the perpetual malcontents who are given to expecting too much, too fast, and always in need of a convenient scapegoat, but the evolution of capitalism itself -- from proprietary, to corporate, to philanthropic -- seems increasingly capable of putting a damper on these resentments, the constant whining of a handful of voices at this site to the contrary.

Why don't we just split the country in two? Because we won't have to; the marketplace of human opinion works just as well as any other, and it is the few who would silence those with whom they disagree who comprise the greatest threat to the American Experiment.

Last edited by 2nd trick op; 12-07-2017 at 10:30 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies