Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-13-2017, 08:33 PM

26,694 posts, read 14,555,493 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldhag1 View Post
Never been a victim of it, eh? It's embarrassing. You question yourself and ask yourself what you are doing wrong. You have watched the boss, employer, and/or company figure out a way to get rid of others who have tried to complain, they may not have done it right away but they eventually were ran off or fired. You have watched others who have been brave enough or frustrated enough to officially report it be socially isolated and/or be accused of being overly sensitive. In the past trying to officially complain about sexual harassment almost always came at a cost to the victim unless the guy doing it was either disliked, a dud, or multiple people complained at once. Most victims just quietly started looking for a new job and hoped nothing physical was tried before they could escape.
Except the vast majority of the complaints from women are false. We are talking about complaints that would ruin someone’s life for good.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-13-2017, 08:36 PM

2,727 posts, read 2,832,514 times
The reaction here has been strong, so as often occurs, the pendulum will likely swing the other way. I'm sure it won't be long until there are seven and eight figure suits for wrongful termination filed by people who were fired after flimsy allegations.

Old 12-13-2017, 08:41 PM

36,754 posts, read 14,814,475 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by petch751 View Post
And Kirsten is trying to portray that she's tough an can handle it? LOL

This whole thing was choreographed by this opportunist. She's already soliciting money on her site for "fighting back" against Trump's "sexism and bullying."

What a crock of baloney. Trump said virtually the same thing about Mitt Romney--he came begging on his knees (good thing Trump left out that LAST part in his tweet), and Romney didn't fall apart.

Old 12-13-2017, 08:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Delahanty View Post
This whole thing was choreographed by this opportunist. She's already soliciting money on her site for "fighting back" against Trump's "sexism and bullying."

What a crock of baloney. Trump said virtually the same thing about Mitt Romney--he came begging on his knees (good thing Trump left out that LAST part in his tweet), and Romney didn't fall apart.
That’s sexual harassment too!

Old 12-13-2017, 09:03 PM

2,818 posts, read 1,550,625 times
Many years ago, I was trained as and worked as a rape crisis counselor. False accusations happen, but they are exceedingly rare. In most cases, the life that is being "destroyed" is the accuser's, not the accused. The same is true of abused children. The stakes involved for the abused should therefore always take precedence over those of the accused. If the accused is innocent, that will eventually be known (the truth always "outs"), but again: highly, highly unlikely. I was selected as a potential juror for a rape trial once. When all the jurors had gathered in the courtroom, the judge asked if anyone felt that they could not presume innocence. I raised my hand and the judge called me to the bench; the prosecutor and the defendant's lawyer hurried over, as well. The judge then asked me why I felt I could not presume innocence. I told him that I knew that the probability of an innocent defendant making it to trial in a rape case was less that one-half of 1%. He lowered his glasses, looked at me and said matter-of-factly, "It appears that you're too educated to be impartial. You're dismissed." A week later, I read that the defendant was found guilty.

What is going on now is that, after millennia of abused/harassed women being silenced by shame or fear (threat of job loss, threat of parental disapproval, threat of nobody believing them, even the threat of more violence to be perpetrated against them or their loved ones), the time has finally arrived for the truth to be told. So yeah, you're going to see a lot of formerly silenced/fearful women step forward and claim their right to truth, which is a form of long-due healing, as well. Sadly, not much has changed in those millennia: the misogynist backlash against them remains strong (even among some women, always at-the-ready to flay their own). Fortunately, some men (often men with daughters) and most women totally get it.

Old 12-13-2017, 09:13 PM

32,059 posts, read 15,040,845 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Delahanty View Post
Lol Kirsten Gillibrand is now claiming that President Trump is "bullying" her.

OMG. Bring in the fainting couches, fans, and smelling salts for these strong women....
Well he did bully her but you don't see her crying at all because she is not backing down. If anything it only emboldens her more. And it emboldens more women as well.

Old 12-13-2017, 09:20 PM

3,211 posts, read 2,240,837 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigCityDreamer View Post
The minimum standard of proof for sexual harassment should be that it was officially reported near the time it was occurring, or there were dated records kept of the incidents (even just in a diary). Witnesses or people who were confided in about the incidents would definitely be helpful.

On the other hand, no records = no proof
Logical.

Here's the media standard....if an accusation is made against a Democrat, you attack the accuser viciously....if an accusation is made against a Republican, you believe them, make it a headline story that is front in center above everything else and you send out robocalls and payments to pay for more accusers.

Old 12-13-2017, 09:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrganicSmallHome View Post
Many years ago, I was trained as and worked as a rape crisis counselor. False accusations happen, but they are exceedingly rare. In most cases, the life that is being "destroyed" is the accuser's, not the accused. The same is true of abused children. The stakes involved for the abused should therefore always take precedence over those of the accused. If the accused is innocent, that will eventually be known (the truth always "outs"), but again: highly, highly unlikely. I was selected as a potential juror for a rape trial once. When all the jurors had gathered in the courtroom, the judge asked if anyone felt that they could not presume innocence. I raised my hand and the judge called me to the bench; the prosecutor and the defendant's lawyer hurried over, as well. The judge then asked me why I felt I could not presume innocence. I told him that I knew that the probability of an innocent defendant making it to trial in a rape case was less that one-half of 1%. He lowered his glasses, looked at me and said matter-of-factly, "It appears that you're too educated to be impartial. You're dismissed." A week later, I read that the defendant was found guilty.

What is going on now is that, after millennia of abused/harassed women being silenced by shame or fear (threat of job loss, threat of parental disapproval, threat of nobody believing them, even the threat of more violence to be perpetrated against them or their loved ones), the time has finally arrived for the truth to be told. So yeah, you're going to see a lot of formerly silenced/fearful women step forward and claim their right to truth, which is a form of long-due healing, as well. Sadly, not much has changed in those millennia: the misogynist backlash against them remains strong (even among some women, always at-the-ready to flay their own). Fortunately, some men (often men with daughters) and most women totally get it.
Except this is completely false. The vast majority of rape or sexual harassment complaints are false.

Old 12-13-2017, 09:33 PM

32,059 posts, read 15,040,845 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lifeexplorer View Post
Except this is completely false. The vast majority of rape or sexual harassment complaints are false.

Are you kidding me This is one of the reasons why women don't come forward because of people like you who don't believe them. They have already been traumatized. Why do they want to call the police to traumatize them even further. They want to forget the experience but it will always haunt them. It's a no win situation for these women. And this is very real whether you believe it or not.

Old 12-14-2017, 05:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
[/b]

Are you kidding me This is one of the reasons why women don't come forward because of people like you who don't believe them. They have already been traumatized. Why do they want to call the police to traumatize them even further. They want to forget the experience but it will always haunt them. It's a no win situation for these women. And this is very real whether you believe it or not.
I am not kidding you! It’s true, and we refuse to address this.

Read this, written by an HR director.

“My department reported those stats (sexual harassment) every month, and 90% of them were BS (woman recanted, proven liar, etc.) Yet each one counted all the same.”

https://www.ar15.com/forums/general/...052794/?page=1

Last edited by lifeexplorer; 12-14-2017 at 05:32 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies