Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-09-2017, 08:21 AM

24,303 posts, read 16,984,440 times

Advertisements

I highly doubt that NK will start a war with the USA. What I do fear is that one of Rocketmans tests will cause a international incident where a missile will go of course and hit one of our allies. His test rockets are not armed but I know if I was Japan or South Korea and a NK missile crashed into my backyard I would not be happy.

We cannot afford a ground war with NK so the answer is more sanctions and economic pressure on them where the people suffer even more then they already do. The fat man doesn't care.

The region including China needs to come together to stop Kim Jong.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-09-2017, 08:54 AM

25,231 posts, read 16,864,647 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PedroMartinez View Post
Sorry, it’s not our job to safeguard the rest of the world.
The rest of the World, I agree, specific areas yes, that or we pay the price by having China take over most of Asia, controlling the sea lanes and Japan rearming to the teeth because our Word to defend them means nothing. All of this puts us in a more precarious position that if ignored cannot be undone at a later date. No, there are times when one has to stand their ground and that little area of Taiwan, and SK is about all the ground we can call friendly ground in the region, after that we have no say in Asia and our Allies are finished, is that what you want?

Old 12-09-2017, 12:14 PM

77,804 posts, read 59,974,535 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cape Cod Todd View Post
I highly doubt that NK will start a war with the USA. What I do fear is that one of Rocketmans tests will cause a international incident where a missile will go of course and hit one of our allies. His test rockets are not armed but I know if I was Japan or South Korea and a NK missile crashed into my backyard I would not be happy.

We cannot afford a ground war with NK so the answer is more sanctions and economic pressure on them where the people suffer even more then they already do. The fat man doesn't care.

The region including China needs to come together to stop Kim Jong.
That's not in China's interests though.

In fact, they routinely use NK as pawn\proxy for aggressive actions and then turn around wanting favors for "reining them in".

Old 12-09-2017, 03:55 PM

7,732 posts, read 6,296,289 times
Remember that it was NK that started the war in June of 1950. The people of NK are totally brainwashed/terrified by Rocketboy and his government. They are never to be trusted.

Old 12-09-2017, 03:58 PM

12,275 posts, read 7,088,624 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by boneyard1962 View Post
Or
Maybe if the last 3 presidents didn't waste money fighting wars that didn't concern us. Maybe if we stopped wasting money playing world cop. Maybe if corrupt politicians didn't force the Army to buy tanks that they didn't want or need.
Maybe if we didn't waste 1.5 trillion on the F-35.
We could cut our budget in half and not impact our security.
Exactly.

When you turn yourself into a hammer, everything looks like a nail.

Old 12-09-2017, 04:19 PM

34,620 posts, read 21,467,835 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper in Dallas View Post
The rest of the World, I agree, specific areas yes, that or we pay the price by having China take over most of Asia, controlling the sea lanes and Japan rearming to the teeth because our Word to defend them means nothing. All of this puts us in a more precarious position that if ignored cannot be undone at a later date. No, there are times when one has to stand their ground and that little area of Taiwan, and SK is about all the ground we can call friendly ground in the region, after that we have no say in Asia and our Allies are finished, is that what you want?
Send your kids and write a check if you want to be involved in their mess.

Old 12-09-2017, 06:35 PM

25,231 posts, read 16,864,647 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PedroMartinez View Post
Send your kids and write a check if you want to be involved in their mess.
I spent time there myself, on the DMZ, 1/31st Inf., my sons fought in Afghanistan and Iraq, may family has fought in many conflicts, we are Military, how many years did you and yours serve?

Old 12-10-2017, 02:38 AM

37,941 posts, read 17,747,872 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chava61 View Post
https://www.reuters.com/article/us-n...-idUSKBN1E0393

So should we Americans be overly concerned about the North Korea starting a nuclear war? Is there anything the USA can or should do to make sure this does not happen?
Yes bring the 35k troops doing aggressive manuvers on the border, home.

Old 12-10-2017, 02:51 AM

37,941 posts, read 17,747,872 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper in Dallas View Post
I spent time there myself, on the DMZ, 1/31st Inf., my sons fought in Afghanistan and Iraq, may family has fought in many conflicts, we are Military, how many years did you and yours serve?
It's not about the poster. It's about policy.

You and your family were used for illegal military acts. I get it, many young people don't know better and then they're stuck. And going by how the VA handles the case load, the politicians, don't care about you and your family either. If they cared about you and protecting our borders, yall should have never went over there in the first place.
That's the harsh reality. Citizens wanting to serve their country yet the politians don't give a rats a$$ about those who serve.

I support the troops, I want them home where they belong. Protecting our borders like the Constitution says. Our military personnel deserves so much better than what you and they have received.

Old 12-10-2017, 02:54 AM

16,961 posts, read 17,251,168 times
Default North Korea Says U.S. Threats Make War Unavoidable

Predictable deterrent statement from NK.

Highly doubtful anything is going to happen.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies