Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-11-2017, 09:27 AM

7,235 posts, read 7,018,203 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by skycaller23 View Post
I've never gone into a Whole Paycheck to shop. Why pay outrageous prices to be with the "in crowd".
LOL. Yes, people shop at Whole Foods to be with "the in crowd". It has nothing to do with WF being the closest market to them, or carrying items they want.

Who is the "in crowd", exactly? It's not something I've thought about since junior high.

Old 12-11-2017, 09:27 AM

2,709 posts, read 2,272,020 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vacanegro View Post
This is laughable. Someone impatient driver yells at your mom and ipso facto Whole Foods Liberals are crazy hypocrites.

Some of you (if you truly believe that everything unpleasant in life is somehow a liberal conspiracy) need to go live in a real authoritarian country (try Russia) and see how much joy it brings to your life. We have it great here and our "diversity" of opinion along with our 1st Amendment ability to express it is what makes this a balanced place to live.
Maybe you should try giving that speech to any of the radical left groups who are constantly calling conservatives nazis and fascists, and accuse Trump of being an authoritarian or dictatorial ruler. Remind them what living under Nazi rule really was like.
Maybe you can speak to the NFL players who compare their situation to working on a plantation. Or how about the NBA players who don’t want the team owners to be called owners, because one human cannot ‘own’ another, like with slavery.
Try your little speech with these people. Let us know how it turns out.

Old 12-11-2017, 09:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by censusdata View Post
I am a moderate Democrat and yes, on the whole Liberals are much ruder and less happy than Conservatives. I love Trader Joe's but the customers there (mostly Liberals) are by far the rudest people I ever deal with in my area. They bump into you and don't even say excuse me and they cut in line at any chance. When I go to a store where most customers are Republican like Bass Pro Shops the other shoppers are usually super polite.
And you know people's voter registration how, exactly?

Old 12-11-2017, 09:37 AM

700 posts, read 636,529 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by censusdata View Post
I am a moderate Democrat and yes, on the whole Liberals are much ruder and less happy than Conservatives. I love Trader Joe's but the customers there (mostly Liberals) are by far the rudest people I ever deal with in my area. They bump into you and don't even say excuse me and they cut in line at any chance. When I go to a store where most customers are Republican like Bass Pro Shops the other shoppers are usually super polite.
You census data takers are more thorough and talented than I imagined. Normally when shopping I struggle to focus on whether eggplant is a fruit or vegetable and here you are picking out Republican from Democrats.

Old 12-11-2017, 09:40 AM

2,212 posts, read 1,069,599 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cantabridgienne View Post
LOL. Yes, people shop at Whole Foods to be with "the in crowd". It has nothing to do with WF being the closest market to them, or carrying items they want.

Who is the "in crowd", exactly? It's not something I've thought about since junior high.
Live in a city with a Whole Paycheck and you'll understand.

Old 12-11-2017, 09:42 AM

Uh, I live in a city with several. It's my local market. Who is "the in crowd" that I am so desperate to impress by where I grocery shop? I'd love to know.

Also: calling it "Whole Paycheck" isn't nearly as clever as you think it is, and it's certainly not original. No, really.

Old 12-11-2017, 09:52 AM

14,702 posts, read 8,024,167 times
This has to be one of my favorite Posts ever on City Data! (And no I don't believe for one second that the Original Post is on the Up and Up....You lost me on the Lady wearing an Obama Sticker in 2017~).

It is totally fascinating that so much stereotyping can go on, as to Patrons Of Grocery Stores.
(Not sure what it can say about people like me, I have shopped everywhere from Whole Foods and Trader Joe's to Walmart and Save-a-Lot! But I have never shopped anywhere to impress anyone or assumed so much by where/why someone was shopping...just assumed maybe they were wanting to pick up some Bread, Spinach and tomatoes...or something for dinner or something like that.)

Old 12-11-2017, 10:17 AM

25,826 posts, read 20,642,112 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. In-Between View Post
I was in a Cabela's last night buying wool socks, and this guy wearing a "Make America Great Again" hat cut in line in front of me and I said, "Excuse me, sir, the reigister on the left is open with no line," and he pulled out a firearm and said "I don't ever go to the left!!!!" and he shot my in the face and I DIED! And now I'm DEAD! DEAD, I tell you!!!!

And that's a TRUE STORY!!!!
This should have been its own thread.

Old 12-11-2017, 10:24 AM

7,982 posts, read 4,265,812 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cantabridgienne View Post
Uh, I live in a city with several. It's my local market. Who is "the in crowd" that I am so desperate to impress by where I grocery shop? I'd love to know.

Also: calling it "Whole Paycheck" isn't nearly as clever as you think it is, and it's certainly not original. No, really.
You literally pulled that right from my brain.

It's corny! ...why do people keep saying it?

OK, back to OP bashing...

Old 12-11-2017, 10:46 AM

25,826 posts, read 20,642,112 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ms. Tarabotti View Post
Someone help me understand this situation.

I occasionally shop at Whole Foods (not for 'specialty potato chip' but sometimes their sales are good and they sometimes have samples for you to try (people, remember to use the toothpicks provided so that you won't reach into the bowl of cherries with your bare unwashed hands!)).

There is no single checkout line. The lines are arranged by color (yellow, blue, green, etc,) and there is a screen in front with corresponding colors. The number of a open cashier pops up on the screen and you can go to the open cashier that corresponds to the color of the line that you are standing on. I don't see how this could happen if you were standing on different lines, you would have gotten different cashiers. Was she standing directly behind you and you were trying to tell her to go ahead of you? Most people who shop at Whole Foods (whether they are left, right or somewhere in the middle) know how the checkout lines go, so maybe the OP can explain how 'the Obama sticker wearing woman' and he ended up checking out at the same time and how his feelings came to be hurt.

Spoil sport.

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies