Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-11-2017, 10:50 AM

2,573 posts, read 3,502,557 times

Advertisements

If you have to invent some "fiction" please put some effort! OTOH, this is typical of what you see lately on CD from right fictionalizing and claiming left is so bad.

Old 12-11-2017, 10:51 AM

20,955 posts, read 8,669,238 times
Is Paul dead yet? Has Houdini communicated from the afterlife?

Old 12-11-2017, 11:20 AM

23,795 posts, read 13,255,806 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by censusdata View Post
I am a moderate Democrat and yes, on the whole Liberals are much ruder and less happy than Conservatives. I love Trader Joe's but the customers there (mostly Liberals) are by far the rudest people I ever deal with in my area. They bump into you and don't even say excuse me and they cut in line at any chance. When I go to a store where most customers are Republican like Bass Pro Shops the other shoppers are usually super polite.
Seriously? This is the most ridiculous generalization yet.

I would tell you to check out Trader Joe's in SW Florida. Most of their customers are by no means 'liberals,' because most of the population is conservative. And--there are rude people there, too.

This BS of making grocery shopping partisan and political is totally bizarre.

Talk about first world problems.

Old 12-11-2017, 11:20 AM

21,430 posts, read 7,452,732 times
Quote:
I am a moderate Democrat and yes, on the whole Liberals are much ruder and less happy than Conservatives. I love Trader Joe's but the customers there (mostly Liberals) are by far the rudest people I ever deal with in my area. They bump into you and don't even say excuse me and they cut in line at any chance.
How do you know they are mostly liberals ... do you poll them?

Or is that something you just assume?
Quote:
When I go to a store where most customers are Republican like Bass Pro Shops the other shoppers are usually super polite.
How do you know they are mostly conservatives ... do you poll them?

Or is that something you just assume?

Sounds like over reach to me.

Old 12-11-2017, 12:03 PM

28,164 posts, read 25,298,921 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower3191981 View Post
I've never posted REAL conservatives NEVER buy their food at gas stations.

REAL conservatives are all skinny.

I said, I DO NOT KNOW any real conservatives who buy their food at gas station. I DO NOT know any REAL conservatives who are obese.

I think you just like to argue for the sake of arguing, which it is pathetic.

Also, learn to follow the dialogue next time.

Bold: Please stop lying.
So you didn't say this?

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower3191981 View Post
I don't think you know many real conservatives. I DO NOT know any real conservatives buy their food at the gas station, nor do I know many obese REAL conservatives.

Old 12-11-2017, 12:05 PM

39,223 posts, read 27,589,701 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magritte25 View Post
So you didn't say this?
I didn't say

ALL real conservatives are skinny.

I didn't say

There are no conservatives shop at the gas station.

No I didn't say those things like you suggested. No. Not at all.

Old 12-11-2017, 12:05 PM

28,164 posts, read 25,298,921 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skycaller23 View Post
I've never gone into a Whole Paycheck to shop. Why pay outrageous prices to be with the "in crowd".
LOL! You remind me of my cousin who told me only elitists shop at Wegmans.

Old 12-11-2017, 12:08 PM

34,230 posts, read 18,571,948 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magritte25 View Post
LOL! You remind me of my cousin who told me only elitists shop at Wegmans.
The key to Wegmans is to not buy anything behind the counters. The prices are outrageous, but their other stuff is fairly priced. Whole Foods? No thanks. Got tired of the attitudes, tats, dreadlocks and prices.

Old 12-11-2017, 12:44 PM

13,646 posts, read 9,706,599 times
Let me ask a more practical question, and I really do mean this without snide insinuation, or desire to score rhetorical points: for those who for whatever reason of personal persuasion, feel discomfited by shopping in places like Whole Foods, where would they find items such as French wines, German sausages, or Russian caviar?

Old 12-11-2017, 12:45 PM

45,676 posts, read 24,004,475 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharks With Lasers View Post
I had to run into Whole Foods last night (don't judge, I usually try to go somewhere less pretentious) for a specialty potato chip. When I went to get in line to checkout, a woman wearing an Obama sticker was about to checkout at the same time, but I had gotten there first. Trying to be nice, I pointed her to the empty lane next to me by saying "I think she's open," as the cashier was a woman.

The customer wearing the Obama sticker looked at me with great indignation and said, "How date you assume somebody's gender without asking. You're so typical of white male privilege!" She then stormed off to another lane.

Folks, that's what the entire Left wants. We can't even feel comfortable having a normal conversation and trying to my nice. I'm lucky I got off with merely a warning, and didn't get accused of sexual harassment.
Oh bull -- one person being an idiot doesn't define a whole political ideology. No more so then you representing all conservatives with your sweeping generalizations and jumping to conclusions.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies