Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-09-2017, 11:25 AM

34,300 posts, read 15,646,770 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrganicSmallHome View Post
You'd think that the deniers would at least care about their own children's future, but nope.

https://www.theguardian.com/environm...e-change-video
Maybe it would be best to leave the children out of it. They have been used enough by the left.

Supporting my statement with :

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UpS_GU8sxcQ

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2ANwxDFgW9E

Old 12-09-2017, 11:32 AM

19,718 posts, read 10,118,354 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GotHereQuickAsICould View Post
Humans are impacting this natural cycle, or so say 97% of the scientists who study and publish on climate change.

https://www.skepticalscience.com/glo...termediate.htm

Folks who insist that this is just a regular part of the natural cycle may want to consider the benefits of acting as if it maybe those 97% might have a point. Like praying even if you don't believe in heaven.

It mainly consists of doing things that make sense anyway -- sustainable energy rather than using up nonrenewable resources.
That 97% lie was disproved years ago. Got anything new?

Old 12-09-2017, 11:36 AM

30,419 posts, read 20,301,605 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GotHereQuickAsICould View Post
It mainly consists of doing things that make sense anyway -- sustainable energy rather than using up nonrenewable resources.
Many in the oil industry now believe that the earth is constantly producing oil. This I read many years ago, when I was working for an oceanographic instruments company that served the offshore oil and commercial diving industry.

But you are entitled to your opinion. The reality is that wind and solar are not reliable, are quite costly, take up a lot of real estate, are unsightly, to say nothing of the fact that they cannot produce enough to meet the demand, and for these reasons will probably never replace oil, gas and coal.

Nuclear power is probably a better alternative than wind and solar.

Old 12-09-2017, 11:39 AM

19,718 posts, read 10,118,354 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nononsenseguy View Post
Many in the oil industry now believe that the earth is constantly producing oil. This I read many years ago, when I was working for an oceanographic instruments company that served the offshore oil and commercial diving industry.

But you are entitled to your opinion. The reality is that wind and solar are not reliable, are quite costly, take up a lot of real estate, are unsightly, to say nothing of the fact that they cannot produce enough to meet the demand, and for these reasons will probably never replace oil, gas and coal.

but, but, nuclear power is evil.

Old 12-09-2017, 11:44 AM

23,548 posts, read 17,219,108 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OrganicSmallHome View Post
You'd think that the deniers would at least care about their own children's future, but nope.

https://www.theguardian.com/environm...e-change-video
We know and recognize the climate is changing just as it has over the eons.

The problem is the government has zero credibility they can, in any way, halt the change as they continue to predict a moving date for Armageddon and have not produced any data that shows any progress after all the regulations and tax money spent. they cannot even measure progress in terms of temperature change. At what point does the government decide their efforts are sufficient to stop in order to prevent global cooling?

When the government tells us that air conditioning is as a potent threat as terrorism, doubt in their credibility creeps in.

Old 12-09-2017, 11:45 AM

38,643 posts, read 26,371,773 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank DeForrest View Post
I believe it, look backward in time to where your geogrphical location was under ice or water. My car didn't do that

Funny you should mention ice.

20K years ago, the very spot where I am seated was under two miles of ice.

No significant increase in CO2, so what caused the warming?

The geological record is full of CO2-temperature inconsistencies that prove whatever effect CO2 has on surface temperatures, it is overshadowed by much more significant drivers of temperature that have given us both ice ages and warming periods.

Old 12-09-2017, 11:54 AM

5,479 posts, read 2,119,023 times
Climate change deniers is a misnomer....no one denies it changes, only that it's caused by man.

For the children....yeah, tell us about the children when it comes to abortion.

Old 12-09-2017, 11:55 AM

26,694 posts, read 14,561,042 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by momonkey View Post
Funny you should mention ice.

20K years ago, the very spot where I am seated was under two miles of ice.

No significant increase in CO2, so what caused the warming?

The geological record is full of CO2-temperature inconsistencies that prove whatever effect CO2 has on surface temperatures, it is overshadowed by much more significant drivers of temperature that have given us both ice ages and warming periods.
It’s the government not taxing the early human.

Old 12-09-2017, 12:02 PM

16,961 posts, read 17,337,436 times
Those darn farting cows and erupting volcano's.

Old 12-09-2017, 12:07 PM

31,340 posts, read 14,259,269 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nononsenseguy View Post

Disagree. Solar has a place and the technology is only improving as we move forward. Nuclear will never do what we need because of that big problem....where do we store the waste?

But in the meantime oil and natural gas have their place.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies