Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Do you find interracial marriage acceptable or unacceptable?
Acceptable 232 88.55%
Unacceptable 28 10.69%
Not sure 2 0.76%
Voters: 262. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-10-2017, 09:00 AM

10,453 posts, read 4,036,859 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by homesickgirl View Post
Who in the world would vote unacceptable?? WTH.
Most are racist types that would vote unacceptable. A small percentage also wont be acceptable because they feel strongly about preserving a bloodline or culture.

Old 12-10-2017, 09:03 AM

10,453 posts, read 4,036,859 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PullMyFinger View Post
I like my blond haired, blue eyed children. I could possibly be just trolling here.
I know a Mexican woman who has a very dark black husband. Their children have dishwater blonde hair and blue eyes with mocha skin. The blue eyes are a trait from the mother (Spaniards were blonde hair blue eyes once upon a time)

Old 12-10-2017, 09:10 AM

63,919 posts, read 46,725,169 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoCardinals View Post
But you already have non-white Jews. And I think the earlier Jews were actually non-white.

You believe Jesus was a tall blonde guy as depicted in Christian paintings, mostly in the western Countries?
There is no physical description of Jesus. Scholars believe he would have been similar in appearance to modern inhabitants of the Middle East. Women of that time and geographical area were expected to cover their heads while in public- a hijab.

The fair skinned, blue- eyed image of Jesus was created in the Middle Ages.

Old 12-10-2017, 09:11 AM

5,067 posts, read 2,276,892 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by warhorse78 View Post
The ones I have noticed to be the loudest against interracial marriages have been the black women. My boyfriend kept me secret for a while from his mother and sisters (his brother knew and could care less) but he finally decided to invite me to a gathering last year, and his mom was not happy. His sister accused me of being one of those white women who always be taking the best of the blacks. Over the summer, he finally moved in with me. I also had a lot of black women friends, and only one stuck around once the relationship became official and out in the open. The rest started to post very anti-white messages on social media, and began to show their true colors. Some of their antics could make the most loving and diverse person into a racist.
In the olden days when I was still dating, my boyfriend and I were verbally attacked by a black woman on the street one day. Same thing. Got called a white *****, and was berated for 'taking all our good men'. There seems to be a small portion of black women and white men who still have the most issues with interracial relationships.

Old 12-10-2017, 09:16 AM

33,942 posts, read 22,520,724 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trlhiker View Post
I bet lots of Trump supporters are upset with that.
I would suspect there are some that lean toward Richard Spencer's white nationalism.

I think it will be great when all the races just mix together and no one cares.

Marry who you want.

Old 12-10-2017, 09:21 AM

73,009 posts, read 62,585,728 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hbdwihdh378y9 View Post
It's not wonderful. It's terrible.

It's ending diversity; it's wiping distinctive peoples off the face of the earth,
Only in your opinion. I don't think that way. It is creating new diversity. More mixtures, more diversities.

Old 12-10-2017, 09:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PullMyFinger View Post
I don’t like it and never will.
Tough. It's going to happen whether you like it or not. What is your problem with interracial marriage?

Old 12-10-2017, 09:25 AM

21,430 posts, read 7,453,685 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by swilliamsny View Post
In the olden days when I was still dating, my boyfriend and I were verbally attacked by a black woman on the street one day. Same thing. Got called a white *****, and was berated for 'taking all our good men'. There seems to be a small portion of black women and white men who still have the most issues with interracial relationships.
I had similar experiences.

It's usually not the younger ones though, the middle aged ones sometimes resent it.

Old 12-10-2017, 09:25 AM

20,702 posts, read 12,530,402 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FatBob96 View Post
Isn't that kind of the goal of "diversity" ?

Frankly, I think the sooner we're all a nice shade of coffee with cream the better.

Liberals will have one less weapon in their arsenal of identity politics to divide us wiith.

Then they can move on to making everyone equally poor, gender neutral drones in service to the collective.
Don't worry, Republicans have been working on that.

Old 12-10-2017, 09:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by treblenotdouble View Post
You are exactly right. But the country is also moving on without 2 parent households. Not every progressive change is a positive one.

And I focus on divorces/broken homes because some interracial combinations have significantly higher rate of divorce and even domestic violence/homocide. It is not all peaches and cream based on statistics.

And some same race couples have very high rates of violence and murder. Sometimes the problem is the individuals involved.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies