Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Do you find interracial marriage acceptable or unacceptable?
Acceptable 232 88.55%
Unacceptable 28 10.69%
Not sure 2 0.76%
Voters: 262. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-10-2017, 12:07 PM

18,458 posts, read 15,236,363 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoCardinals View Post
I see some very low class responses to this particular comment above.
I wonder, why?

Why someone MUST like the inter-racial relationships to make the rest happy?

If PullMyFinger doesn't like it, then he/she doesn't like it. What's the problem here?

Those who are critical of this, may also have things in life that they don't like (for example the dollar amount on their welfare check). What should I tell them? "The country is moving on without you"?
I don’t think many people would have a problem with the statement if it was rephrased to only include his own preferences in a spouse. I have a problem with the statement, only because it is a general statement involving everyone.

Who is he to decide whether he likes or dislikes other peoples choices?

Old 12-10-2017, 12:07 PM

6,115 posts, read 3,083,547 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hesychios View Post
I have heard this from members of all races.

If someone has had bad experiences they talk about it. Maybe dating outside one's own cultural/ethnic context gives them another chance at love, I don't know, but it's not just white people dissing white people, it is all over the spectrum.
This is 110% true.

This is a common trait in EVERY race and in EVERY ethnicity.

You will ALWAYS find people who don't like their own race and/or ethnicity. This is NOT limited to white race only.

Old 12-10-2017, 12:08 PM

8,299 posts, read 3,806,781 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PullMyFinger View Post
I don’t like it and never will.
Quote:
I see some very low class responses to this particular comment above.
I wonder, why?

Why someone MUST like the inter-racial relationships to make the rest happy?

If PullMyFinger doesn't like it, then he/she doesn't like it. What's the problem here?

Those who are critical of this, may also have things in life that they don't like (for example the dollar amount on their welfare check). What should I tell them? "The country is moving on without you"?
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnesthesiaMD View Post
I don’t think many people would have a problem with the statement if it was rephrased to only include his own preferences. I have a problem with the statement, only because it is a general statement involving everyone.

He is no one of significance in regards to this topic or the general populous. So it's not an issue.

Old 12-10-2017, 12:10 PM

6,115 posts, read 3,083,547 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnesthesiaMD View Post
I don’t think many people would have a problem with the statement if it was rephrased to only include his own preferences. I have a problem with the statement, only because it is a general statement involving everyone.

Liking and/or disliking ANYTHING is a choice that we all make without anyone's approval.

You just disliked his comment - what did u just do? Exercised your right to dislike it.

How hard is this concept to understand?

Old 12-10-2017, 12:16 PM

18,458 posts, read 15,236,363 times
Quote:
Liking and/or disliking ANYTHING is a choice that we all make without anyone's approval.

You just disliked his comment - what did u just do? Exercised your right to dislike it.

How hard is this concept to understand?
Right. I exercised my right to criticize him for his statement. As you are doing with mine right here.

I am not advocating taking away his rights. I am just pointing out the absurdity of his opinion, as is my right.

Old 12-10-2017, 12:17 PM

61 posts, read 41,261 times
I am an Indian female and will only date men from other races. Will never date my own.

Old 12-10-2017, 12:21 PM

8,299 posts, read 3,806,781 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thevoicewithin View Post
I am an Indian female and will only date men from other races. Will never date my own.
Why?

Old 12-10-2017, 12:21 PM

10,443 posts, read 4,030,967 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
It doesn't surprise me that much. Some people will go nuts over many things. I remember in college meeting a Haitian woman whose parents told her "don't date African-American men". I thought to myself "she's as Black as any Black person in America. Why would her parents have a problem with African-American men"? I heard stories about some African parents feeling the same way about their children dating African-Americans. And this was in the Atlanta area, not NYC. It varies though and there have been Africans and Caribbean people dating American Blacks.
I believe it. When I was a teen, one of my best friends was a Jamaican girl. She and her father lived out in the country by the stable I would take lessons at, and back then, she told me she was actually bullied and harassed by African Americans (mostly the girls) because she was considered an outsider. She got tired of trying to fit in, so she decided to become friends with whites and Latinos that were in the area. She later on met a white man from England and ended up marrying him and moved to London.

Old 12-10-2017, 12:25 PM

12,275 posts, read 7,133,491 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dechatelet View Post
I call it race defilement, but that's just me.
Draco Malfoy, is that you?

Old 12-10-2017, 12:28 PM

17,440 posts, read 28,589,728 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower3191981 View Post
I understand what you are saying, but I still don't believe all white women are exactly the same.

My sister-in-law is a bleeding heart liberal and ALL my family members are conservatives. She loves us all and has given us the benefit of the doubt. So she is okay in my book. Yes, she has said something I disagree with in the past, but overall, she is a great lady who loves my brother and that is all that matters. The only problem i had with her in the past is that she had two children from previous marriage. At the time, I thought my brother could have done much better because my brother has always dated women who were highly attractive and desirable. My brother has a very successful career and she wants to be a stay at home mom. Now, I believe my brother is very lucky to have her because she is a good woman.

Pretty much all my female friends are white conservatives. Even though they live in California, they are not feminists. They have no problems attracting white men or any men. So not everybody is the same. I think people should be treated as unique individuals.

Like I said earlier, the most desirable men or women are desired by every race. My cousin is a white man. He is not a bad looking man but he is cheap and is socially awkward. He couldn't find an American girl here, so he went abroad.
Not all of California or Washington are super-PC left wing and most of Oregon is not either. However the big coastal metro areas (or coastal-ish in the case of Portland) are left wing as are some of the smaller cities.

Obviously not all white women are the same, but I was just mentioning the reasons why many white men don't want white American women. It should be mentioned that many of them have no objection to white women from Central and Eastern Europe and South America.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies