Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Do you find interracial marriage acceptable or unacceptable?
Acceptable 232 88.55%
Unacceptable 28 10.69%
Not sure 2 0.76%
Voters: 262. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-10-2017, 12:28 PM

9,267 posts, read 5,119,751 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catgirl64 View Post
Constantly? I don't think so. I think you mean "at all."
Well now we know you're not telling the truth. Bra commercials, Lincoln, Cadillac, Panera, and on and on. Someone watching TV for the first time would think every American couple has a Black wife, and a White husband. Except Lincoln----it's reversed.
Please.

There's obviously an agenda in the ad industry. Wonder who's actually making these marketing decisions. Discuss it and you're racist!

Any thoughts?

Old 12-10-2017, 12:29 PM

10,456 posts, read 4,038,191 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rstevens62 View Post
What gets me is at one time not too recently, interracial relationships/ marriages. were very taboo, it was even illegal in some places, no Tv network or movie producer would depict it in a positive way...but a few decades later, this has all changed and we pretty much celebrate this now, celebrate those who were brave enough to stand up to the discrimination back in the day.

I think about this and then I see all the outrage about celebrities, senators, etc being in relationships with underage kids...its the same exact thing going on, its desensitization, just another group. I would bet at some point in the future, we will celebrating those who are currently hated and despised, society will be applauding them to standing up to the 'unjust discrimination'....can anyone else see this? This is really scary imo, just how successful this method has been over and over again.
Uh, there is a big difference between two mature adults falling in love with eachother, and then a mature adult manipulating an immature and confused child into doing sexual acts on them. And, if anything, we are progressing from that way of thinking, because probably not even 300 years ago, it was normal to see a girl who just started her period to be given away to some 40 year old man, so the families can gain power over a region through bloodlines. I would have to say, some modern day literature like Game of Thrones, has me on guard with how they are trying to push incest onto the public and try and make it beautiful, when in reality, it is sick.

Old 12-10-2017, 12:30 PM

3,304 posts, read 2,172,400 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hesychios View Post
I have heard this from members of all races.

If someone has had bad experiences they talk about it. Maybe dating outside one's own cultural/ethnic context gives them another chance at love, I don't know, but it's not just white people dissing white people, it is all over the spectrum.
I've met persons from multiple races who've put down there own people but it seems to be much more prevalent with White people. I've met Black persons who have been very critical of other Blacks but that seems to be more out of frustration. With Whites, they tend to do it in order to get social approval.

Old 12-10-2017, 12:32 PM

10,456 posts, read 4,038,191 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katygirl68 View Post
No, just no. What you’re talking about used to be more culturally acceptable. When I was younger it wasn’t frowned on as much for an older man to date a 17 or 18 year old, or even younger. My first boyfriend was 22 when I was 16. My mom wasn’t pleased, but she didn’t mind my next boyfriend who was 26 when I was 18. He was even older than the first. I had a friend who married a 25-year old when she was 15, with her parents’ permission. It was common in her culture then. But nowadays I wouldn’t want my daughter to do the same thing. Times change, and people’s attitudes change. But I don’t think it’s going to go backwards.
^This. My dad was 10 years older than my mom, and she married him when she was 17, so you can do the math. It was a different time back then.

Old 12-10-2017, 12:33 PM

12,275 posts, read 7,138,783 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by westcoastforme View Post
Most hipanics and Japanese/east Asians are "white". I think they are counting these as inter racial marriages no?

Why is the left obsessed with race and diversity. ?
Since when are east Asians white? Having pale skin doesn't make someone white any more than a suntanned Swede is non-white.

Old 12-10-2017, 12:33 PM

9,723 posts, read 14,264,687 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trlhiker View Post
I bet lots of Trump supporters are upset with that.
I'm a Trump supporter, and have no problem with interracial marriages.
So much for that theory.

Old 12-10-2017, 12:40 PM

3,304 posts, read 2,172,400 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ohhwanderlust View Post
Since when are east Asians white? Having pale skin doesn't make someone white any more than a suntanned Swede is non-white.
Some people think race is really just about skin color. They see the world in very superficial ways.

Old 12-10-2017, 12:46 PM

8,299 posts, read 3,811,388 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ohhwanderlust View Post
What makes someone white? Being Caucasian?

Old 12-10-2017, 12:47 PM

12,275 posts, read 7,138,783 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dechatelet View Post
Geneticists and evolutionary psychologists have shown that the more genes people share, the better they get along. There is more trust and cooperation between them. The fewer genes they share, the less well they get along.

This is true not just for human beings, but for animals, and even plants. If you put two plants in a pot that share few genes, they will battle each other to grow the biggest root system in order to suck up all the soil nutrients and starve the other plant. If they share more genes, they will cooperate and share the nutrients equally.

Human beings of different races share fewer genes than human beings of the same race. So interracial marriages have more conflict, with more child abuse, etc. Mixed race children have more problems in school, more delinquency, etc. Countries that have different races living in them have more conflict.

But liberals don't care about all of this. They demand that the world be what they think it should be rather than what it is.
That's news to me. I'm perhaps the most mixed person I know, with a ethnic combination I've never heard of in anyone else, and I get along fine with people. I had a safe home, did well in school, happily married with a stable job and an upper middle class life.

The most dysfunctional family I can think of is my husband's family, which is 100% German-American. I joke that he has to be adopted, because oh my lord...that family makes the typical Jerry Springer episode look like a heartwarming Christmas Disney movie.

We don't attend his family holiday events anymore, because there's always a brawl, loud accusations of infidelity, namecalling shouting matches, news of yet another teen pregnancy, news of who's on house arrest this year, etc...

Things like that kinda ruin the taste of the eggnog, dontcha think?

But if you relate mentally to plants, I understand.

Old 12-10-2017, 12:50 PM

73,012 posts, read 62,607,656 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Supachai View Post
I've met persons from multiple races who've put down there own people but it seems to be much more prevalent with White people. I've met Black persons who have been very critical of other Blacks but that seems to be more out of frustration. With Whites, they tend to do it in order to get social approval.
Some Blacks will actually talk down on other Blacks to get approval. I've seen this happen personally and was bullied by a person with this kind of complex.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies