Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Did anyone really NOT expect Republicans to try to stop the Russia Investigation?
Of course I expected them to interfere! 51 75.00%
No,I expected them to allow the invetigation to be completed. 17 25.00%
Voters: 68. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-10-2017, 08:50 AM

9,694 posts, read 7,392,751 times

Advertisements

as a trump supporter, I want trump investigated, but i want it done honest. Not just making up stuff to get him impeach. and they will, they will invent something

Old 12-10-2017, 08:53 AM

51,653 posts, read 25,819,464 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brownbagg View Post
as a trump supporter, I want trump investigated, but i want it done honest. Not just making up stuff to get him impeach. and they will, they will invent something
And so it begins.

Trump, the unwitting victim of false accusations.

Old 12-10-2017, 08:57 AM

23,795 posts, read 13,261,787 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by motownnative View Post
I think he will fire Mueller too. I think he knows the Republicans won't do anything. Fox News is hammering Mueller all the time now.

Considering how fast the Republicans backpedaled on the hard stance they initially took with Moore they can't be trusted to do the right thing.

This is an op-ed below from David Brooks. I try not to be negative, but I feel this could happen.

(excerpt)
There is no end to what Trump will ask of his party. He is defined by shamelessness, and so there is no bottom. And apparently there is no end to what regular Republicans are willing to give him. Trump may soon ask them to accept his firing of Robert Mueller, and yes, after some sighing, they will accept that, too.

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/12/07/o...s-rotting.html
There is a coordinated smear campaign against Mueller, orchestrated by the WH, and being carried out by right-wing media and Trump allies, like the good sheep they are.

Republicans called Mueller spotless and beyond reproach when he was appointed. Now that he is closing in, all of a sudden he's 'anti-Trump.' He did the right thing and got rid of someone who showed a bias. That is what he's supposed to do.

The Dems tried to smear Ken Starr in the same way. Trump is taking a page right out of Carvelle's playbook. As the Clinton crowd how that worked out for them? Of course there was no state news mouthpiece like Breitbart and Fox then.

TRASHING KENNETH STARR | The Weekly Standard

Old 12-10-2017, 08:59 AM

14,489 posts, read 6,098,111 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by reneeh63 View Post
Mueller didn't start in until May of this year - so we're hardly coming up on a year! Watergate took more than a year and there's a helluva lot broader corruption going on here - as evidenced by the deals going on to shorten sentences.

Investigation in to what Mueller was supposedly investigating started last July

Old 12-10-2017, 09:05 AM

33,942 posts, read 22,527,236 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reads2MUCH View Post
I'm honestly just curious as to why you think Mueller should be allowed to continue this "investigation". Should he be allowed to continue "investigating" forever? Because I believe that's exactly what is going to happen because if you just can't find what the "sky criers" want to here, the only option seems to be "keep looking, it's got be out there somewhere". Have any of you ever actually stopped to think that maybe, just maybe, there is no evidence to be found that will actually link our president to some sort of crime? That maybe at some point, this investigation will actually have to end, even if you fine people didn't get what you wanted. It's a serious question, and one I hope people will actually put some thought into. Because at some point, Mueller will have to call it quits here. We're coming up on a year, and despite many, many false claims put forward in the media, time and time again claiming "We've Got Him Now!!!", it just hasn't happened and isn't going to happen. This sort of reminds me of the "birthers" who just refused to believe Barack Obama was an American citizen. No matter how much time passed, and no matter how many times false evidence supporting claims that he was not a citizen were refuted, they just wouldn't let it go. Because they just knew, "if they kept looking, the proof was out there".

Bottom line, if information on Trump proving he committed a crime were actually out there, it would have been found already. So I'm pretty sure one of two things have occurred. A) The president did nothing illegal. or B) Even if he did, you will never be able to prove it. I know that neither of these choices will make you people happy, but honestly, that's where we are.

Also, it would be really nice for some of you to actually acknowledge some of the other very real corruption that has been happening on the other side of the aisle. I know you hate Trump, I get it, but you should still have enough integrity to recognize when others have done wrong, even if they are in your camp. There is real tangible evidence to support the claims being made against certain other people in the political world today. If that kind of evidence becomes available against our President, then I will give it the attention it deserves. It would be nice if you fine people would do the same now.
What? What IS the hurry? I didn't hear any Republicans insisting that Ken Starr 'hurry up' OR stick to the issues. Ken started out with a real estate deal and ended up with a BJ. Far LESS serious than the Russian investigation. It took him 4 years and billions of dollars.

And what about Benghazi? Were you in a hurry then? 11 hearing and millions of dollars?

I didn't hear any Cons begging Trey Gowdy to hurry up.

So . . nope. I'm in no hurry whatsoever. If this drags on for the length of Trump's presidency; I am perfectly fine with it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakin View Post
Sorry but I had to LOL at this. Democrats have a huge Fatherless rate and Pro abortion. Not a great example of Family Values.
But a serial adulterer and a child molester is. Yeah. Ya'll got the high ground right there. And do not forget the "Family Values' of Dennis Hastert while he paid out extortion money for diddling little boys.

Old 12-10-2017, 09:11 AM

7,713 posts, read 4,747,999 times
Why would Trump fire Mueller? In just the past week we found out Peter Strzok was demoted from the team for his anti-Trump & pro-Hillary bias. We found out Bruce Ohr was demoted from Mueller's team and while we're not 100% sure why, we also found out this week he'd been meeting with the Russian "dossier" author Christopher Steele. We found out Meuller's "pit bull" Andrew Weissman has a strong political bias against Trump and his agenda, having sent emails about it and even having attended Hillary's election night party. We also saw Judge Rudolph Contreras mysteriously recuse himself from the Michael Flynn case after presiding over his guilty plea. Then we found out he also sits on the FISA court. The more Mueller investigates, the more his team falls apart and the more any evidence gathered is tainted. That's all from just the past week, imagine where this investigation will be in a month? Will Mueller have ANYONE left on his team?

Old 12-10-2017, 09:13 AM

21,430 posts, read 7,455,334 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mason3000 View Post
... imagine where this investigation will be in a month? Will Mueller have ANYONE left on his team?
Do you know how big his team is? Who is in it? What they are working on?

Staffers can be replaced, and routinely are.

Old 12-10-2017, 09:14 AM

38,936 posts, read 23,897,671 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Enigma777 View Post
There is a coordinated smear campaign against Mueller, orchestrated by the WH, and being carried out by right-wing media and Trump allies, like the good sheep they are.

Republicans called Mueller spotless and beyond reproach when he was appointed. Now that he is closing in, all of a sudden he's 'anti-Trump.' He did the right thing and got rid of someone who showed a bias. That is what he's supposed to do.

The Dems tried to smear Ken Starr in the same way. Trump is taking a page right out of Carvelle's playbook. As the Clinton crowd how that worked out for them? Of course there was no state news mouthpiece like Breitbart and Fox then.

TRASHING KENNETH STARR | The Weekly Standard
To be fair, Starr went for everything and all the Republicans found was the lie about Monica and then they pushed through perjury over that. Not Whitewater, not Troopergate, not Clinton having rape (because all the affairs were consenual) instead it was lying about an affair. Trump is more Nixon than Clinton.

Old 12-10-2017, 09:17 AM

7,713 posts, read 4,747,999 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkpunk View Post
I doubt it, this is just a red herring to the issue off what Trump knew when similar to Nixon with Watergate. Nixon wasn't brimg brought on impairment charges for being in on it, just impeding the investigation into what he knew. In this case, Trump might be involved directly, or he only knew of involvement. We don't know but we need to know.
All the Mueller team members being demoted from the team and the judge recusing himself may all be the red herring you claim?

Would you agree though, that if the FISA warrant was gained using the unverified, "dossier" that everything gained from it...any testimony, any plea deals, any cooperation deals, would all be inadmissible and/or invalid? It may turn out that the FISA warrants to spy on Trump tower and the Trump team had nothing to do with the "dossier", but if it did, that's a huge problem for the Mueller team.

Old 12-10-2017, 09:18 AM

30,419 posts, read 20,306,967 times
I think Mueller ought to be relieved of his position, but what makes you think Trump is going to do it? I doubt he would. It would be too controversial. But Congress should demand his resignation. He is too corrupt, and the entire "investigation" is being conducted by partisan Democrats who supported Hillary and have donated heavily to the Democrat Party. They have criticized Trump in text messages and have proven they cannot be trusted to be fair. It's a complete sham and everyone knows it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies