Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Did anyone really NOT expect Republicans to try to stop the Russia Investigation?
Of course I expected them to interfere! 51 75.00%
No,I expected them to allow the invetigation to be completed. 17 25.00%
Voters: 68. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-16-2017, 03:35 PM

9,338 posts, read 7,079,693 times

Advertisements

Part of me wants Trump to fire Mueller. It'll be the beginning of the end for his presidency. #watergate

Old 12-16-2017, 03:52 PM

36,963 posts, read 18,915,115 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Avondalist View Post
It won't be an instant replay of Watergate because:

1) No crime was committed.
2) Congressional Republicans are on side, and there is no chance Trump loses 2/3 of the Senate before or after 2018.

Nixon was a moderate in office and so lost his base. Because he was a moderate he won a huge victory in 72 but it was pyrrhic as everyone knows.

Trump is keeping his base energized, which is 40% of the country and greater than 40% of the Senate. If the Democrats win the House in 2018 Trump will be impeached but he won't be removed from office.

Those are the political reasons Trump won't be removed from office. The legal reason, for what it's worth regarding impeachment, is that no crime was committed.
If there's no crime, why would he worry about Mueller and the investigation?

Old 12-16-2017, 03:53 PM

12,716 posts, read 7,759,533 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cuebald View Post
Trump's supporters say there is no crime so there is no crime. That's final. #MAGA

14,489 posts, read 6,059,951 times
Quote:

I you didn't do anything, would you want a team that is filled with Democratic donors investigating very aspect of your life? Can we investigate you?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reads2MUCH View Post
I think the real question might be "will any of you on this site or across the country who are just completely convinced Trump did something wrong EVER actually believe he didn't, even if Mueller himself says so?" Because I honestly don't think you will. I really think that no matter what happens, the Left will continue to think and believe that the President is guilty. I don't think it matters how long it takes. This investigation could go on for 10 years, end up with nothing incriminating against Trump, and he'd still be guilty in many people's eyes. Because they simply hate the man. They want him to go down so bad they could care less if the reason is factual, as long as it takes him down. At least, that's the way it seems when listening to people talk or reading their posts.
I have already stated here several times that I am quite willing to accept whatever findings Mueller comes up with. If he pronounces that there was no crime committed, I, and a lot of other people, will shut up about it.

Old 12-16-2017, 03:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dashrendar4454 View Post
I you didn't do anything, would you want a team that is filled with Democratic donors investigating very aspect of your life? Can we investigate you?
I've been investigated more than once to get professional licenses. Go for it. If you find any dirt on me, it's probably true, and I won't lie about it.

Either I was innocent, or I was smart enough to cover my tracks. If you aren't smart, you shouldn't commit crimes.

Old 12-16-2017, 03:59 PM

33,942 posts, read 22,420,896 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChicagoMeO View Post
This has been going on for a year and nothing was found on Trump. Give it a rest already! They could continue wasting their time and resources on this and its going nowhere. Meanwhile Hillary Clinton was proved to be doing a lot of stuff. and nothing is done about her.. although the rats are coming up to the surface from this Mueller probe but its the rats on the Demoncratic side! Trump is innocent.. but look at all the side trash that is being exposed.

He did say he wanted to drain the swamp.. It is happening,but not in the way they thought! Ha!
FFS - a year? That's nothing.

How long did the partisan Ken Starr investigate Clinton? How long did Trey Gowdy perpetuate his witch hung against Hillary? 3 years? 4?

Give me a BREAK and stop whining about Mueller. Everyone can play the investigation game, snowflake.

Old 12-16-2017, 04:03 PM

10,815 posts, read 14,882,546 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dothetwist View Post
If trump fires Mueller, the proverbial s*** will hit the fan. My guess is the stock market will drop 1000 points if he makes this stupid move.
Exactly how long do we allow this charade to go on at the expense of the taxpayer? 1 year, 3 years, 10 years, 100 years.....?

How far back do we allow Mueller, and is gaggle of democrat party clowns, do we allow Mueller to investigate any possible criminal activity? 1990, 1980, 1970, 1960 because if he looks closely he just might discover Donald Trump cheated on a high school history exam!

So far the only one they "got" is Flynn who was originally hired by Obama only to be fired by President Trump shortly after taking office.

And don't kid yourself, if they really had anything, anything at all, it would have been leaked out.

Old 12-16-2017, 04:06 PM

3,079 posts, read 3,110,296 times
Quote:
We may be gettting ready for an instant replay of Nixon and Watergate. The question is, why would Trump fire Mueller if he's innocent and this investigation is his best chance of being exonerated by the evidence? Firing Mueller would seem to be the stupidest thing he could possibly do, since it would look like he's trying to cover something up.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/trump-cou...?.tsrc=fauxdal
I so badly want Dufus Donald to make this move. But leave it to him to shoot himself in the foot.

Old 12-16-2017, 04:12 PM

9,837 posts, read 4,606,733 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nononsenseguy View Post
Crimes which have nothing to do with Russia or Trump team "collusion," and Flynn only plead guilty to "lying to the FBI," which he didn't really. It was a ridiculous charge.

This investigation is has lost all credibility with what's been revealed in the last several weeks. Donations to Democrats, anti-Trump text messages discussing how they might create an "insurance policy" against him getting elected. Their is absolutely no purpose left for this ant-Trump team to continue this so-called "investigation."

This really makes the Democrats look bad.
NOPE, just the trumpers who will say or do anything to protect Trump are upset.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies