Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Did anyone really NOT expect Republicans to try to stop the Russia Investigation?
Of course I expected them to interfere! 51 75.00%
No,I expected them to allow the invetigation to be completed. 17 25.00%
Voters: 68. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-16-2017, 09:31 PM

33,571 posts, read 18,161,091 times

Advertisements

Mueller proved himself to be incompetent to choose those on his investigating team. They were removed in reality by the inspector general after finding they were bias or compromised. Mueller either knew they were bias and didn't care until the inspector general uncovered it or his own judgement is compromised. Mueller picked the worst.

Old 12-16-2017, 09:37 PM

1,896 posts, read 811,471 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taratova View Post
Mueller proved himself to be incompetent to choose those on his investigating team. They were removed in reality by the inspector general after finding they were bias or compromised. Mueller either knew they were bias and didn't care until the inspector general uncovered it or his own judgement is compromised. Mueller picked the worst.
Yawn. Those on his team were chosen because of their records as top white collar criminal prosecutors.

Claiming bias is purely a ploy. Are you worried about Nunes's impartiality? No, alright then case closed.

Old 12-16-2017, 09:39 PM

2,911 posts, read 1,359,886 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by db108108 View Post
Really sad, isn't it? And meanwhile, he robs them blind with a tax "cut" and they line up for more. He has destroyed the office of the presidency and they cheer him on. He cozies up to dictators and throws away international friendships that have been fostered for decades and they think it's wonderful.

After all of this is over, we're doing to need a mass program to unbrainwash them.
I think it's hopeless. They'll never get it later if they can't figure it out now. They'll just keep on blaming Hillary, or Obama, or somebody else instead of the people who are destroying the country, like McConnell, Ryan, and Trump.

Old 12-16-2017, 09:40 PM

30,166 posts, read 11,795,579 times
Look I did not vote for Trump. Not a fan. I could write a book on every move Trump has made that I think should have been done differently.

That being said my gut feeling is the russia investigation is not turning up very much. You have three guys getting nailed at this point. None if it had anything directly related to collusion with Russia and not even anything related to these individuals and russia. You investigate enough people you will find someone who broke the law in the past (Manafort) or someone dumb enough to lie to the Feds or even get tricked into lying (Flynn and the greek dude) especially when you had a group involved with the Trump campaign and administration with so many with no experience in Washington.

Where is the collusion that anti trumpers seem to think is so obvious and overwhelming? If it was true it should have come out by now.

Look I don't care. I would probably like to see Pence take over because I think Trump is in way over his head in many ways. It would be best for the country. I care about America more than partisanship. I wish there were more people who felt the same way.

Last edited by Ibginnie; 12-17-2017 at 06:09 AM.. Reason: deleted quoted post

Old 12-16-2017, 09:41 PM

8,390 posts, read 7,646,246 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
Nixon was right to fire him. Nixon didn't know about all the back door dealings, his so called buddies were doing to get him removed from office. He had no clue they were in on the set up, when they asked him for help, after he canned Cox.
See my next post. As Kibby mentioned, the rules changed after Nixon.

As for Nixon firing Cox, that really spelled his doom, in my opinion.

I also believed at the time and still do, that if Nixon was as totally out of the loop about the break in as he claimed, that, rather than trying to cover it up when he found out it about it, he should have immediately insisted and full supported the investigation and prosecution of the people involved in the break in.

Instead, he kept talking about the investigation being a "witch hunt" and insisting that there was no wrong doing by anyone on his campaign staff. Oh, and yes, there's the mystery of those missing minutes of tape too.

In short, Nixon may have been telling the truth that he didn't have any advance knowledge of what his campaign staff was up to, but that is not what ended his presidency. What ended his presidency is how he handled things AFTER he found out about what his campaign staff were up to.

Old 12-16-2017, 09:44 PM

11,181 posts, read 10,532,733 times
Mueller put his life on the line numerous times while serving in Vietnam.

I'm willing to risk a little cold weather and inconvenience to support his efforts to maintain the rule of law.

Old 12-16-2017, 09:45 PM

17,717 posts, read 13,536,243 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jackwinkelman View Post

Look I don't care. I would probably like to see Pence take over because I think Trump is in way over his head in many ways. It would be best for the country. I care about America more than partisanship. I wish there were more people who felt the same way.
I feel your pain too many here would rather have someone like Trump in office just to upset the other party. They don't care how bad said person is or much of anything other then their side got elected.

Old 12-16-2017, 09:49 PM

33,571 posts, read 18,161,091 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by okcthunder1945 View Post
Yawn. Those on his team were chosen because of their records as top white collar criminal prosecutors.

Claiming bias is purely a ploy. Are you worried about Nunes's impartiality? No, alright then case closed.
Obviously Mueller knows these men were bias or he doesn't know them at all. Actually passed bias , more like hate.

Old 12-16-2017, 09:55 PM

9,694 posts, read 7,392,751 times
why does everybody want trump to fire the dude? he got to do something wrong first, for all i see he just poking along, nothing really big

Old 12-16-2017, 09:58 PM

38,642 posts, read 26,378,527 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cuebald View Post
We may be gettting ready for an instant replay of Nixon and Watergate. The question is, why would Trump fire Mueller if he's innocent and this investigation is his best chance of being exonerated by the evidence? Firing Mueller would seem to be the stupidest thing he could possibly do, since it would look like he's trying to cover something up.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/trump-cou...?.tsrc=fauxdal

"The question is, why would Trump fire Mueller"

Because it's a ****ing coup!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies