Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-13-2022, 05:00 PM

7,570 posts, read 3,242,392 times

Advertisements

Rap is crap and loud bass heavy rap music makes urban living intolerable.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-13-2022, 05:22 PM

293 posts, read 189,085 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MisterThreeDee View Post
Fine, I guess it still sells. That's capitalism baby.

Well according to this.

Metal is the fastest growing genre.

So hopefully metal can push out all this garbage and get back in the mainstream like how it was back in the good old days.

https://metalinjection.net/news/yes/...-worldwide-now

https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/...141551829.html

Old 04-13-2022, 05:34 PM

7,570 posts, read 3,242,392 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by axelthefox View Post
Well according to this.

Metal is the fastest growing genre.

So hopefully metal can push out all this garbage and get back in the mainstream like how it was back in the good old days.

https://metalinjection.net/news/yes/...-worldwide-now

https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/...141551829.html
Little known fact...metal is HUGE in South America. A lot of metal bands make sure that a leg of their tour passes through Brazil, Argentina, Chile and other South American countries...there's a lot of money to be made there.

Old 04-19-2022, 03:57 PM

48 posts, read 23,398 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toxic Waltz View Post
Rap is crap and loud bass heavy rap music makes urban living intolerable.
to u, and theres different sub genres of rap mfs listen to the same 5 artists then call rap trash thats what i dont get

Old 04-19-2022, 04:12 PM

15,704 posts, read 9,412,325 times
The older I get, the more I realize there is a lot of good music out there across genres. (I think that is the opposite of most of my friends.) There is some great rap out there. I prefer rock music, but I will listen to anything if it connects with me. I hope I never get to the oint where I say a while genre of music is crap. Even country.

Now I am going to go back a page or two and see who resurrected a thread from 2008

Old 04-19-2022, 04:26 PM

8,691 posts, read 4,929,413 times
The only rap that I have ever heard, is filled with nasty language, and violence.....rap is crap.

Old 04-19-2022, 04:44 PM

15,704 posts, read 9,412,325 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlie&Rose View Post
The only rap that I have ever heard, is filled with nasty language, and violence.....rap is crap.
Wait. You've never heard Will Smith rap? (Just to name one)

Old 04-20-2022, 03:15 AM

106 posts, read 37,076 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jrod2828 View Post
This may not seem like a political topic but since the dems are now heavily involved in the race issue, I think it's one that can be discussed.

I just got back from walking my dog around the neighborhood. A car came towards me with music bumping so loud I could hear the words and it was still a block away. I can't say on here what the words were but they rhymed with duck and snitch and many other ones. I just wonder what that does to a person? To listen to a music at an ear pounding level that preaches to degrade women, have sex with tons of different women, murder, kill and don't trust the police.

I wonder if rap music is the cause of Rev. Wright's and many other African American's hatred towards the U.S. (and often women, the police and the govt).

Think about it, many african americans don't just listen to rap, they embrace it and live by it. I think it is tearing the african american community apart.

Oh, and the guy driving the car wasn't your ordinary teenager listening to loud angry music, he was in his 30s or 40s. That just shows you where this culture has gone. If this was a rare occurence I wouldn't mention it, but unfortunately I see it everyday. It's one thing for a punk teenager (we all were one once) to listen to loud angry music to rebel, but it's quite another thing for a middle aged person to listen to it religiously. I think it's extremely dangerous.

I think embracing the thug culture and rap music is the root cause of much of the hate and mistrust in the African American community. Curious about everyones thoughts. Thanks!
most idiotic music there i mean i always wondered how can they come up with these rimes to rape women and kill and act like they are not missing few screws in their heads. when somebody is imaganing about stuff like this and express it openly i mean it is disturbing.

Old 04-20-2022, 04:38 AM

106 posts, read 37,076 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrunkPodRacing View Post
lol why is always somebody else is doing it. i do not listen to this or rap it is just pathetic and disturbing both of them. world would be better with out rap much better

Old 04-20-2022, 01:00 PM

3,632 posts, read 2,466,040 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrunkPodRacing View Post
The music of the original Misfits was written as an homage to classic horror & monster movies & memes. Danzig wrote lyrics about old alien invader movies, werewolves, Vampira, etc. Even the band name was a reference to an old Marilyn Monroe movie. Danzig wasn't writing about his own life of crime (although 'London Dungeon' was supposedly about a night he spent in jail), or killing rivals. And I know there's all kinds of different forms of hip-hop, some positive/uplifting.. but citing a band about monster movies is definitely different (not necessarily morally superior or inferior) than gangsta rap. Not really a valid comparison of artist' intent.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies