Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-10-2017, 11:51 PM

15,088 posts, read 13,452,870 times

Advertisements

Just curious - and I'm sincere about this. Is there anything - even one thing - he has said that you disagree with, find distasteful, or question to be true?

All I see from people on this forum is: Trump is god, his word is unquestionable, and all media and anyone else who dares criticize him is 100% evil.

I'm sure you'll say that it was a lot the same way when Obama was President - and you'd be right. And no, it wasn't good then either. No doubt this happens with any President. But here we are with Trump now in charge, so let's talk about him.

Is there any criticism of him from any media source or otherwise that you find fair? Name one thing.

Old 12-11-2017, 12:01 AM

11,122 posts, read 5,593,114 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ambient View Post
Just curious - and I'm sincere about this. Is there anything - even one thing - he has said that you disagree with, find distasteful, or question to be true?

All I see from people on this forum is: Trump is god, his word is unquestionable, and all media and anyone else who dares criticize him is 100% evil.

I'm sure you'll say that it was a lot the same way when Obama was President - and you'd be right. And no, it wasn't good then either. No doubt this happens with any President. But here we are with Trump now in charge, so let's talk about him.

Is there any criticism of him from any media source or otherwise that you find fair? Name one thing.
This is known as a rhetorical question, for which the answer is either already known or is not expected to be given. Of course the cult members do not apply any sort of independent reasoning to their acceptance of anything that Trump might say. The terms "Trump supporter" and "reasoning", would be non sequiturs in the same phrase or sentence. If they possessed or used the powers of reasoning, they would not be Trump supporters.

Old 12-11-2017, 12:10 AM

33,387 posts, read 34,847,766 times
let me ask you this question OP, do you use reasoning when you hear obama or clinton speak? do you agree with everything they say, or do you disagree with them on some things? my point here is that very few people agree with anyone 100% of the time. i dont agree with everything trump does or wants to do, sometime i think he goes too far, sometimes i think he doesnt go far enough.

i supported him in the general election because he wasnt hillary clinton, but i supported ted cruz in the primaries, but there again, i didnt agree with everything cruz said or did.

i am not like odanny who hangs ont every word that obama spoke as if it were gospel, i dont support anyone on earth like that.

Old 12-11-2017, 12:16 AM

15,088 posts, read 13,452,870 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rbohm View Post
let me ask you this question OP, do you use reasoning when you hear obama or clinton speak? do you agree with everything they say, or do you disagree with them on some things?
Since I'm sure many people will try to bash me for this, let me just put it out there:

I think Obama did a mostly ****ty job on foreign policy. Handled Middle East and North Korea poorly. I think he handled the whole healthcare rollout poorly, and he got rightly skewered for his "keep your doctor" line.

Didn't vote for Hillary, don't really follow that closely what she says.

Old 12-11-2017, 12:23 AM

Quote:
Since I'm sure many people will try to bash me for this, let me just put it out there:

I think Obama did a mostly ****ty job on foreign policy. Handled Middle East and North Korea poorly. I think he handled the whole healthcare rollout poorly, and he got rightly skewered for his "keep your doctor" line.

so we then agree that few people hang on every word of the people in office they support, then.

Old 12-11-2017, 12:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by treblenotdouble View Post
Some Democrats have an issue with how Trump says it. Childish and aggressive. I wouldn't disagree. I voted for Obama in 2008 and I found him to be somewhat arrogant - focused on trying to seem like the smartest guy in the room. Reporters would ask him an important question and he would lawl you to sleep with big words and side-stepping. Now we have Trump whom tells you exactly how he feels within the first sentence but doesn't stop in the next few and then it's TMI.
i can agree with your position on this. trump doesnt have the polish that many politicians have, and i have seen plenty since the late 60s when i started getting into politics, and my fourth grade class followed part of the 1968 presidential campaign.

Old 12-11-2017, 12:30 AM

3,211 posts, read 2,243,832 times
Quote:

Trump has an IQ of 156 so it would be foolhardy for most people to question his logic.

I find the media completely biased with over 90% of the coverage spun to negative so I have tuned out all news sources that spin negativism at Trump. I agree with no one all the time but I can live with the things Trump does that I disagree with.

Old 12-11-2017, 12:35 AM

34,938 posts, read 36,264,326 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by treblenotdouble View Post
Some Democrats have an issue with how Trump says it. Childish and aggressive. I wouldn't disagree. I voted for Obama in 2008 and I found him to be somewhat arrogant - focused on trying to seem like the smartest guy in the room. Reporters would ask him an important question and he would lawl you to sleep with big words and side-stepping. Now we have Trump whom tells you exactly how he feels within the first sentence but doesn't stop in the next few and then it's TMI.
That's just it, though... plenty of people aren't put to sleep by leaders who can string together complex sentences.

I do agree that a leader should strive for the entire population to understand his/her meaning, so I see the pendulum swung too far the other way with Trump.

I cannot listen to him talk for longer than 15 seconds. I mean it. He just sounds like such an enormous boob. And, it's not even when he's saying anything particularly important that I think this.

He's not very articulate. I do get that this is part of his charm, but much like the example you gave with Obama and his big words and trying to make people think he was the smartest person in the room, it is all about perception of the listener.

I never felt like Obama used too many "big" words and I didn't think he was trying to seem like he was the "smartest."

I understood all the words he used and I felt like he was poised and professional, as the job generally requires.

Now, that said, I did not find GW or Clinton terribly inarticulate, either, and their manners of speaking are a bit less formal than Obama's.

Same goes for Reagan.

Trump sounds like a doofus. Now, maybe he's not, but you surely wouldn't know it to see or hear him speak. Can he not ever close his mouth? It's always hanging there, catching flies. His sons do the same thing, so maybe it's genetic, I dunno. Just strikes me as oafish.

Old 12-11-2017, 12:38 AM

Quote:

To be fair, who has done a really bang up job with the ME and NK over the past few decades?

The "keep your doctor" thing was his "no new taxes," though. I agree there.

Old 12-11-2017, 12:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by American Expat View Post
Trump has an IQ of 156 so it would be foolhardy for most people to question his logic.

I find the media completely biased with over 90% of the coverage spun to negative so I have tuned out all news sources that spin negativism at Trump. I agree with no one all the time but I can live with the things Trump does that I disagree with.
I don't think we have any idea what his actual IQ is, but let's say it's 156... he doesn't sound like it's 156. He's a horrid speaker.

So, if he's hiding his light under a bushel, I wish he'd get some speech lessons so he can start shining it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies