Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-11-2017, 03:38 PM

9,329 posts, read 4,151,966 times

Advertisements

It's a perfect title, illustrating this rare crisis triggered by a person who holds the title, but is undermining all beliefs and traditions about the stability and integrity of the position, and the respect due. Great reading.

Trump's Battle for Self Preservation
The president takes on his doubters, powered by long spells of cable news and a dozen Diet Cokes. But if
Mr. Trump has yet to bend the presidency to his will, he is at least wrestling it to a draw.
By Maggie Haberman, Glenn Thrush, and Peter Baker

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/12/09/u...president.html

As an illustration of how little he respects the office, unbelievably, he strolls around in his pajamas. JFK, who epitomized sartorial classiness and style, would flip in his grave.

Energized, infuriated — often a gumbo of both — Mr. Trump grabs his iPhone. Sometimes he tweets while propped on his pillow, according to aides. Other times he tweets from the den next door, watching another television. Less frequently, he makes his way up the hall to the ornate Treaty Room, sometimes dressed for the day, sometimes still in night clothes...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-11-2017, 03:49 PM

9,837 posts, read 4,647,127 times
Well if the coke thing is true his digestive tract will surely not last much longer.

I read the story earlier, one wonders how much is true and how much is what they want you to think.
perhaps the idea of trump strolling around in his PJs would play well with his base? Trump is a billionaire with gilded furniture... they need to maintain the "common man" image they have carefully cultivated.

KFC, Coke, Pjs... hey he is a regular dude... but in reality Trump was born into a very wealthy and powerful family and has never been hungry a day in his life.

Old 12-11-2017, 03:53 PM

23,795 posts, read 13,291,973 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by evilcart View Post
Well if the coke thing is true his digestive tract will surely not last much longer.

I read the story earlier, one wonders how much is true and how much is what they want you to think.
perhaps the idea of trump strolling around in his PJs would play well with his base? Trump is a billionaire with gilded furniture... they need to maintain the "common man" image they have carefully cultivated.

KFC, Coke, Pjs... hey he is a regular dude... but in reality Trump was born into a very wealthy and powerful family and has never been hungry a day in his life.
Lol. So now I'm picturing him sitting around in his pajamas with a bucket of KFC on the bed.

Old 12-11-2017, 03:58 PM

4,865 posts, read 4,190,414 times
Can we as taxpayers have all TV's removed from the (White) house we own and finance? Of course that still leaves smart phones .

Old 12-11-2017, 04:01 PM

12,566 posts, read 10,633,750 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Enigma777 View Post
Lol. So now I'm picturing him sitting around in his pajamas with a bucket of KFC on the bed.
Oh yeah!

Old 12-11-2017, 04:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by evilcart View Post

I think it's entirely possible that Trump's lifestyle habits, including his food choices, may kill him off before he's out of office.

Of course, he's never been poor, although his supporters seem to ignore all that money from his Daddy. But the crap he eats does illustrate how unsophisticated, uncultured, and narrow.

Old 12-11-2017, 04:58 PM

9,694 posts, read 7,408,055 times
i dont make much above minimum wages and i have never been hungry

Old 12-11-2017, 05:01 PM

4,513 posts, read 5,066,504 times
The office of the President started to disintegrate when Clinton was getting BJ's under the desk while taking to foreign leaders. Bush Jr. didn't restore much dignity to the office and obama bowing to foreign leaders didn't add a damn thing. Trump continues the degradation and the office will never be the same again. I don't know if that's good or bad but it sure is sign of the times. Life in the US as I knew it is gone, morality is a thing of the past, self worth and dignity are down the tube. There is no common ground for manners or tolerance. If you disagree with me , I hate you, if you're different , you're wrong, if you disagree with my beliefs you're an idiot, etc. And so it goes until Rome burns.

Old 12-11-2017, 05:14 PM

33,315 posts, read 12,590,256 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nodpete View Post
The office of the President started to disintegrate when Clinton was getting BJ's under the desk while taking to foreign leaders. Bush Jr. didn't restore much dignity to the office and obama bowing to foreign leaders didn't add a damn thing. Trump continues the degradation and the office will never be the same again. I don't know if that's good or bad but it sure is sign of the times. Life in the US as I knew it is gone, morality is a thing of the past, self worth and dignity are down the tube. There is no common ground for manners or tolerance. If you disagree with me , I hate you, if you're different , you're wrong, if you disagree with my beliefs you're an idiot, etc. And so it goes until Rome burns.

Clinton also used to share, to a certain extent, Trump's penchant for fast food. I wonder if Clarallel ever applied the last sentence of her last post to Clinton during that period. I would tend to doubt it.

Old 12-11-2017, 06:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RMESMH View Post
Clinton also used to share, to a certain extent, Trump's penchant for fast food. I wonder if Clarallel ever applied the last sentence of her last post to Clinton during that period. I would tend to doubt it.

My impression was that Clinton did indulge in fast food, but not to the exclusion of other things. Politicians especially eat a lot of crap when they're on the campaign trail. But Trump doesn't seem to eat much else, except steak. He doesn't seem to have any culinary interests, as he has no cultural interests.

Here are two differences. My impression was that Clinton had pressure on him (whether from his wife or his doctor) to eat more healthfully, while Trump doesn't listen to anyone. And, also, Clinton grew up in what sounded like a lower-middle-class household, so it's not surprising if he retained some fondness for junky foods of his youth. But Trump was born into wealth. In a classy family, he might have acquired wide-ranging tastes not only for good food, but for a broad selection of cuisines - Thai, Greek, etc. I don't have any sense that Trump has the slightest interest in truly good food (nor in much of anything else, for that matter, except money).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies