Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-09-2017, 09:31 AM

25,303 posts, read 21,463,616 times

Advertisements

Good article from the Los Angeles Daily News, the failing Los Angeles Times would never publish something like this .

--

Donald Trump’s election was a rebellion. Like all rebellions, it left in its wake a lot of really ticked-off people who are baffled and enraged that a crowd of formerly docile onlookers somehow managed to strike down their authority.
It’s an adjustment for them. If you played a drinking game with cable TV news and downed a shot every time an expert said, “This is not how it’s done,” you’d be under the breakfast table.
The worst thing that can happen, from the perspective of the people thrown out of power, is for things to go really well for everybody else after the coup. Gradually their own era of power recedes into the past, and their dire predictions of doom fade into irrelevancy..

Donald Trump is winning because he does things differently – Daily News
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-09-2017, 09:37 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,756,288 times
Be is different and it is driving some, especially the left crazy. I may not like his personality and he may be a sleeze bag, but I think he is showing more and more all the time he is a good president and intends on doing his best to keep his word about what he said he would do if elected.
Last night his speech or rally actually was way too long, but I love the say he plays the crowd, he bring himself down to the level of the simple guy like most of us are. How long has it been since we have seen a president that actually holds rallies, or does out and faces the public?

Old 12-09-2017, 09:42 AM

28,122 posts, read 12,603,511 times
I used to believe voting was pointless and the whole game was rigged ahead of time, but once trump won, I thought I may be wrong about that....the more I see whats going on and how things are progressing, I think I was right beforehand, trump was part of the plan all along, and its just a very clever deception, designed to fool majority of people, no matter if they are dems or repubs.

Old 12-09-2017, 09:44 AM

22,190 posts, read 19,466,581 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
Be is different and it is driving some, especially the left crazy. I may not like his personality and he may be a sleeze bag, but I think he is showing more and more all the time he is a good president and intends on doing his best to keep his word about what he said he would do if elected.
Last night his speech or rally actually was way too long, but I love the say he plays the crowd, he bring himself down to the level of the simple guy like most of us are. How long has it been since we have seen a president that actually holds rallies, or does out and faces the public?

He held a rally for a gay bashing hate spewing nut job who preyed on teenage girls, of course he is going to find support and be able to play to the crowd....

Old 12-09-2017, 09:47 AM

12,372 posts, read 9,314,559 times
Like a spoil child Trump might be "winning" but he's destroying the very thing he is winning and when he's done destroying America, he'll fly off to an island in the Pacific and never look back that the chaos he's left behind.

Old 12-09-2017, 09:48 AM

34,300 posts, read 15,656,546 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Gringo View Post
It's tRump vs America now.

America's gonna win.

"Believe me!"

Why ???
When did opinion become fact ?
Believe me !!!

Old 12-09-2017, 09:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smash255 View Post
He held a rally for a gay bashing hate spewing nut job who preyed on teenage girls, of course he is going to find support and be able to play to the crowd....
Why is that ?

Old 12-09-2017, 09:51 AM

21,430 posts, read 7,459,324 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phma View Post
Why ???
When did opinion become fact ?
Believe me !!!
Since when do Trumplodytes care about facts?

This would have to be a first ...

Old 12-09-2017, 09:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayland Woman View Post
Like a spoil child Trump might be "winning" but he's destroying the very thing he is winning and when he's done destroying America, he'll fly off to an island in the Pacific and never look back that the chaos he's left behind.
What has he destroyed ?
All around my area I see new construction. New businesses opening up in new buildings. New and large apartment complexes under construction. Hundreds of new homes with pools being offered for sale and selling.

Old 12-09-2017, 09:52 AM

7,800 posts, read 4,401,311 times
If Trump is leading a rebellion, the rebellion is being led by
P T Barnum.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies