Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Should females be allowed to have a choice to abort a fetus?
Yes 276 85.71%
No 46 14.29%
Voters: 322. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-17-2017, 08:22 PM

28,164 posts, read 25,298,921 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by YourWakeUpCall View Post
Yes, women are acting spoiled and entitled when it comes to abortion decisions.

Your comment about men blaming women for "allowing men's sperm to impregnate them" is simply preposterous and you know it. Unless you don't know how babies are made or were raped, you did, in fact, allow a men's sperm to impregnate you. What part of the conception process do you not understand?
Its not preposterous. Several men have said the very same here on this thread. And you just said it now.

Not preposterous.

Old 12-17-2017, 08:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by YourWakeUpCall View Post
Again. I assume you know where babies come from. If you don't want the inconvenience of a baby, don't engage in activities that result in babies. There's your choice.

All I'm asking for is some consistency. You're all about "controlling your own bodies" when it comes to deciding to have an abortion, but all of the sudden it's the man's responsibility when you don't. Pick an argument and stick with it.

Hypocrisy seems to be a common theme when it comes to women's rights and equality. The same rules applied to everyone - regardless of gender - is equality. Special treatment for one gender or the other is hypocrisy. Witness sports. If you really want equality, why are there still men's and women's sports?
And if YOU don't want to pay child support, keep it in your pants. Easy peasy lemon squeezy.

Old 12-17-2017, 08:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimj View Post
Both sides have responsibilities wouldn't you agree?
I do agree.

Why don't you?

Why have you continually blamed women for "allowing" sperm to impregnate them? Seems you think men should get a free pass.

Old 12-17-2017, 08:34 PM

Quote:
Read what I said and that you replied to. Women need to do the same if they wish a different outcome. Sorry to be blunt but just because you've got two boobs and a receptacle does not abdicate women from any of the blame,responsibility or cost.

If you want it to be 100% then accept 100% of the consequences or don't accept anything into the receptacle...... PERIOD...
If you want it to be 100% then accept 100% of the consequences or don't put anything into the receptacle....PERIOD

Old 12-17-2017, 08:39 PM

10,453 posts, read 4,035,751 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hapa1 View Post
Women should always have a choice.
But they don't. If anything, the abortion angle I bet was put in place by cheating men who didn't want to be responsible for a bastard child knocking on the door one night.

Also this women's choice is crap. If it's their body, their choice, then how come there are laws against women using their bodies for prostitution?

Old 12-17-2017, 08:42 PM

Quote:
No actually they don't, maybe back in the old days but not now. As I've said before in many states nowadays you end up in jail, license suspended,pay garnished etc etc etc. Maybe back in the old days but not now.
Not according to my local paper...

Old 12-18-2017, 08:03 AM

22,974 posts, read 27,005,313 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magritte25 View Post
That unilateral power happens when you decide NOT to have sex.
The truth is finally put on the table.

Old 12-18-2017, 08:05 AM

Quote:
If you want it to be 100% then accept 100% of the consequences or don't put anything into the receptacle....PERIOD
I heartily agree, it applies to BOTH sides of the equation...

Old 12-18-2017, 08:12 AM

Quote:
Not according to my local paper...
There are multiple states with laws along with Federal Law below.

According to Federal Law:

18 U.S. Code § 228 - Failure to pay legal child support obligations

Quote:
(a)Offense.—Any person who—
(1) willfully fails to pay a support obligation with respect to a child who resides in another State, if such obligation has remained unpaid for a period longer than 1 year, or is greater than $5,000;
(2) travels in interstate or foreign commerce with the intent to evade a support obligation, if such obligation has remained unpaid for a period longer than 1 year, or is greater than $5,000; or
(3) willfully fails to pay a support obligation with respect to a child who resides in another State, if such obligation has remained unpaid for a period longer than 2 years, or is greater than $10,000;
shall be punished as provided in subsection (c).
(b)Presumption.—
The existence of a support obligation that was in effect for the time period charged in the indictment or information creates a rebuttable presumption that the obligor has the ability to pay the support obligation for that time period.
(c)Punishment.—The punishment for an offense under this section is—
(1) in the case of a first offense under subsection (a)(1), a fine under this title, imprisonment for not more than 6 months, or both; and
(2) in the case of an offense under paragraph (2) or (3) of subsection (a), or a second or subsequent offense under subsection (a)(1), a fine under this title, imprisonment for not more than 2 years, or both
What Is the Deadbeat Dad Law?

Quote:
Enforcement
A number of federal and state agencies enforce the rule. Among them are the federal Office of Child Support Enforcement, Office of Inspector General, the U.S. Marshals Service, the Department of Justice and state child support agencies. Perpetrators are identified, investigated and then prosecuted by federal prosecutors.

Reporting a Deadbeat Parent
The custodial parent or the agency handling the case must submit adequate evidence the parent meets the criteria for prosecution before the U.S. Attorney's office will agree to accept a case. Additionally, the accusers must show all reasonably-available remedies have been sought, such as pursuing garnishment or contempt of court proceedings. A letter is sent to the noncustodial parent, demanding payment. A second letter is sent if the first goes unanswered. The FBI is then brought in to pursue the individual and charges are filed.

Arrears
Under the federal Consumer Credit Protection Act, a person behind on child support can have his disposable earnings garnished up to 50 percent if he has another spouse or child, and 60 percent if he doesn't. An additional 5 percent can be tacked on if his payments are more than 12 weeks behind schedule.
https://legalbeagle.com/6470200-deadbeat-dad-law.html

Old 12-18-2017, 08:19 AM

Quote:
I do agree.

Why don't you?

Why have you continually blamed women for "allowing" sperm to impregnate them? Seems you think men should get a free pass.
If you've bothered to read and also comprehend what I've said you will see I've been quite consistent. BOTH parties have responsibility for the consequences and the outcome. What I've been quite clear on is that women don't morally enjoy 100% of the say in how things turn out nor does the male.

It is a shared event so it should also be shared deciding on the consequences. If it only required one person then only one person would have 100% of the say...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies