Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Should females be allowed to have a choice to abort a fetus?
Yes 276 85.71%
No 46 14.29%
Voters: 322. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-04-2018, 12:12 PM

34,619 posts, read 21,615,505 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2mares View Post
\boom
says nothing about healthy fetus or normal pregnancy.
Under certain conditions and upon advice of two physicians third trimester abortions can be preformed. It occurs in 1.3 % of abortions after 21 weeks. At 38 weeks, 0.
So still no one arguing 38 week abortion for no reason. NO ONE.
Easy question that I’m guessing you will skate around.

Should third trimester abortions when there are no defects, abnormal risks to the mother or extraordinary situations such as a kidnapped rape victim be legal? Yes or no?

Old 01-04-2018, 12:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by randomparent View Post
In the state where I had my abortion following prenatal diagnosis, the procedure would no longer be possible. At all. That goes way beyond restriction. It is illegal to end a pregnancy at that stage in that state today.
We are not debating an existing law in a specific state, so quit trying to move the goal posts.

Old 01-04-2018, 12:14 PM

17,077 posts, read 13,369,227 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PedroMartinez View Post
Easy question that I’m guessing you will skate around.

Should third trimester abortions when there are no defects, abnormal risks to the mother or extraordinary situations such as a kidnapped rape victim be legal? Yes or no?
I'll go on record with a resounding yes. That doesn't mean I approve of every reason women cite for terminating pregnancy, but fundamentally, my answer is yes.

Old 01-04-2018, 12:20 PM

Quote:
We are not debating an existing law in a specific state, so quit trying to move the goal posts.
What goal posts am I moving? Abortion is pretty much impossible in the state where I used to live. It's one of many reasons I'll never return. My current home state is unusual in that it allows third-trimester abortion and recent attempts to overturn RvW or impose additional restrictions have failed. The chipping away at abortion rights at the state level is well underway, and it won't be terribly long before RvW is law in name only. Let those of you who support abortion access but remain on the sidelines in this debate be warned. You cannot afford to stay silent.

Old 01-04-2018, 12:21 PM

Quote:
\boom
says nothing about healthy fetus or normal pregnancy.
Under certain conditions and upon advice of two physicians third trimester abortions can be preformed. It occurs in 1.3 % of abortions after 21 weeks. At 38 weeks, 0.
So still no one arguing 38 week abortion for no reason. NO ONE.
And here you go: normal baby, no risk to mom, no crazy situations like rape and in the third trimester.

Quote:
Originally Posted by randomparent View Post
I'll go on record with a resounding yes. That doesn't mean I approve of every reason women cite for terminating pregnancy, but fundamentally, my answer is yes.
There is the example you wanted to see.

Old 01-04-2018, 12:25 PM

Quote:
And here you go: normal baby, no risk to mom, no crazy situations like rape and in the third trimester.

There is the example you wanted to see.
Yes, it is. I'll say it again: A woman shall retain the right to abortion in collaboration with a willing and licensed provider using a legal procedure in an accredited facility using her conscience as a guide throughout the natural term of her pregnancy. A provider shall retain the right to refuse such a procedure based on his own expertise and conscience. Is that clear enough for you?

Old 01-04-2018, 12:27 PM

10,930 posts, read 11,725,051 times
Women already have this Constitutional right, however the states may impose reasonable resgulations.

Old 01-04-2018, 12:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frihed89 View Post
Women already have this Constitutional right, however the states may impose reasonable resgulations.
Agreed. Such laws should be made at the state level.

A quick and simplistic example of a law I’d support.

No restrictions on first trimester.

Only for defects and danger to mother in second.

Only significant defects or danger to mother in third trimester.

Exceptions made for things like rape and incest.

Yes, this pro-lifer believes in choice.

Old 01-04-2018, 12:40 PM

5,051 posts, read 3,580,440 times
Quote:
Move that fetus 26 inches in location and it’s a baby.

I know that dehumanizing them makes it easier to kill them. People in Germany were very successful with that tactic about 70 years ago.
Yeah, Nazis exterminating undesirable minority populations = young woman getting a safe, legal abortion.

That's some tortured logic there.

Old 01-04-2018, 12:41 PM

79,907 posts, read 44,199,011 times
Quote:
Not really. It gave women the right to a legal abortion up until the point of viability.
I think both sides of this issue can agree that no one WANTS a viable fetus (late term) terminated. But many understand there is sometimes a medical need to do so and thus it is permitted.
There is never a reason the fetus must be killed and yes, the state can stop that from happening per RvW.

Quote:
Pedro, on the other hand, proposed that he and/or other like minded pro-lifers choose based on their personal emotional convictions when a woman can get an already legal abortion. Thats during the first trimester. From the first day of your last period until twelve weeks. Many women are already 6 weeks before they are aware of the pregnancy. So a woman will have roughly six weeks to make an obgyn appt., make a decision and find an abortion facility before she needs to defer her choice for the approval of legislators.
We aren't going to criminalize that so it's a moot point.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies