Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Should females be allowed to have a choice to abort a fetus?
Yes 276 85.71%
No 46 14.29%
Voters: 322. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-04-2018, 01:11 PM

17,077 posts, read 13,364,015 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magritte25 View Post
I couldn't agree more.

I appreciate that you share your story. While I've never had to make such a decision, I've often thought about what I would do in such a situation. None of us knows precisely how we'd act in a given situation but I know me and I know our lives, finances etc. I would like to have the freedom to steer my family's future in the way *I* think would be most beneficial for every family member.
And nobody is better qualified to make such a choice, which is why the decision should always remain with you.

Old 01-04-2018, 01:17 PM

36,519 posts, read 30,856,131 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PedroMartinez View Post
Easy question that I’m guessing you will skate around.

Should third trimester abortions when there are no defects, abnormal risks to the mother or extraordinary situations such as a kidnapped rape victim be legal? Yes or no?
Easy question that I'm guessing you will skate around.

What should be done to prevent the increasing (5 million in 2016) third trimester premature births and to address the medical defects and life long care of the 4/5's that survive past the first 5 years. Should we concentrate on legislation for the funding and research for prevention and care? Easy question that I'm guessing you will skate around.

To answer your question, do I believe we should change the law to allow third trimester abortions for perfectly normal pregnancies and healthy fetuses where there is no risk to the mothers health, no I do not believe we need to change the law as it stands.

Why would the fetus of a kidnap rape victim be less valuable than that of a willing partner? Why would you dehumanize a group of fetuses based on how conception occurred?

Old 01-04-2018, 01:30 PM

34,619 posts, read 21,607,699 times
Quote:
Do you support legislation which:

1. Funds research and studies to increase the likelihood of premature babies surviving
2. Allows ALL families, regardless of income, access to quality health care
1. No. That is done in the private sector and should remain there. I will continue donating to The March Of Dimes to help fund such research. I’ll continue donating to a local charity, Be An Angel, that helps children with multiple handicaps.

2. I’ll support local legislation that would fund community clinics that help those who can’t afford the same healthcare I can pay for.

3. I’ll support local legislation to provide free contraception.

4. I’ll support local legislation making condemns available in high schools in my area.

Old 01-04-2018, 01:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAMS14 View Post
He does this throughout the thread; consistently misstates posts, forcing you to defend something you never said to begin with. It's the way he derails a discussion when it isn't going his way. This is why he earned my ignore button. He's not worth the effort.
All you have to do is answer a simple question.

One person did, and now they are trying to walk it back.

Old 01-04-2018, 01:37 PM

Quote:
Don't agree.

If you are a woman living in a state where abortion is illegal, it is not always feasible to make it to another state for an abortion. Geography shouldn't play a role in one's choice.
Yeah, it’s impossible to travel to another state in months.

Old 01-04-2018, 01:37 PM

Quote:

I'm not trying to walk back anything, Pedro. I have made an unequivocal statement of support for choice and stand behind my post 100%.

Old 01-04-2018, 01:39 PM

Quote:
I couldn't agree more.

I appreciate that you share your story. While I've never had to make such a decision, I've often thought about what I would do in such a situation. None of us knows precisely how we'd act in a given situation but I know me and I know our lives, finances etc. I would like to have the freedom to steer my family's future in the way *I* think would be most beneficial for every family member.
“Ughhh, how will I manage to pay the medical bills for my premie down the hall. Nurse, could please terminate its life for me.”

Old 01-04-2018, 01:41 PM

36,519 posts, read 30,856,131 times
Quote:
1. No. That is done in the private sector and should remain there. I will continue donating to The March Of Dimes to help fund such research. I’ll continue donating to a local charity, Be An Angel, that helps children with multiple handicaps.

2. I’ll support local legislation that would fund community clinics that help those who can’t afford the same healthcare I can pay for.

3. I’ll support local legislation to provide free contraception.

4. I’ll support local legislation making condemns available in high schools in my area.
So you dont think laws should be enacted to protect and promote premies that are expelled and die by natural means just ones that are terminated by choice.

Old 01-04-2018, 01:41 PM

12,372 posts, read 9,311,700 times
Quote:

Do you really think your non-sense in this thread is really going to change anyone's mind? Keep out of other peoples private business!

Keep abortions safe, legal and rare. You don't want one then don't have one.

Old 01-04-2018, 01:42 PM

Quote:
“Ughhh, how will I manage to pay the medical bills for my premie down the hall. Nurse, could please terminate its life for me.”
Already resolved. Infanticide is illegal. Abortion, which takes place before birth, is legal.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies