Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Should females be allowed to have a choice to abort a fetus?
Yes 276 85.71%
No 46 14.29%
Voters: 322. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-15-2017, 10:05 AM

24,201 posts, read 19,224,183 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimj View Post
Okay, so following your logic men shouldn't have to pay a damn dime if they don't want the child since it's all the woman's decision.
What logic says that? If a man doesn't want to risk that he may become financially responsible for a child, then he can choose to not have sex. The fact that the woman physically carries a baby and has the right to determine whether or not to do so doesn't change that. You just can't get past the fact that a woman has both more risks and more rights when it comes to pregnancy, and that men face risks but aren't in complete control of the outcome - other than choosing to abstain in the first place.

Old 12-15-2017, 10:05 AM

22,974 posts, read 27,023,656 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magritte25 View Post
Yep, it takes two. So where is the men's responsibility in all of this? Oh right. They are being held hostage by Big Bad Mean Women.

GMAB
We have to pay for YOUR decision for at least 18 years (or 22 if they decide to go to college) so yeah, we're being held hostage...

Old 12-15-2017, 10:06 AM

28,164 posts, read 25,318,510 times
Quote:
Okay, so following your logic men shouldn't have to pay a damn dime if they don't want the child since it's all the woman's decision.
Boy, ya'll men don't want to take ANY responsibility for your actions!

It's our fault we get pregnant.

It's our fault if we abort.

It's our fault if we keep it.

Old 12-15-2017, 10:07 AM

8,411 posts, read 7,427,057 times
The real question is should men or government have a say so about what women do with their bodies?

Old 12-15-2017, 10:07 AM

Quote:
We have to pay for YOUR decision for at least 18 years (or 22 if they decide to go to college) so yeah, we're being held hostage...
And we have to pay held hostage for the same amount of time because you ejaculated inside us.

Old 12-15-2017, 10:10 AM

22,974 posts, read 27,023,656 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by emm74 View Post
What logic says that? If a man doesn't want to risk that he may become financially responsible for a child, then he can choose to not have sex. The fact that the woman physically carries a baby and has the right to determine whether or not to do so doesn't change that. You just can't get past the fact that a woman has both more risks and more rights when it comes to pregnancy, and that men face risks but aren't in complete control of the outcome - other than choosing to abstain in the first place.
So could the female (abstain). Women can dump the kid off for adoption,kill it or keep it and the man has no say in any of it except at the very start (not doing the deed) and "how much is this going to cost me".

Yeah, that's a fair deal.
I thought women wanted equality?

Old 12-15-2017, 10:13 AM

Quote:
So could the female (abstain). Women can dump the kid off for adoption,kill it or keep it and the man has no say in any of it except at the very start (not doing the deed) and "how much is this going to cost me".

And what are men going to do if women decide to stop having sex with them? Ohhhh, I think I know!

Old 12-15-2017, 10:17 AM

24,201 posts, read 19,224,183 times
Quote:

Get back to me when men conceive and carry babies. The equality is there in being the one to decide what happens with your own body.

Old 12-15-2017, 10:27 AM

2,572 posts, read 1,646,705 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Singlelady10 View Post
The real question is should men or government have a say so about what women do with their bodies?
No, they absolutely should not.

Old 12-15-2017, 10:43 AM

6,005 posts, read 4,790,352 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Enough View Post
What part of TAKING PERSONAL RESPONSIBILITY" DON'T YOU UNDERSTAND?

IF women are so concerned about getting pregnant DON"T ENGAGE IN SEX.

It's THAT simple.

"You mess with the bull, you MIGHT get gored"

A LOT of things people can do that are "fun" and "feels good" but, MANY DON'T because of the DANGERS involved.

P.S. I am OK with abortions in the case of rape.

It's like putting your hand in a flame then complain that you got burnt.
It sounds like you're more concerned with "punishing" the woman who chooses to abort.
If it's "OK" to abort in cases of rape, you're saying that particular fetus is okay to get rid of because the woman didn't have "irresponsible sex?" Is the fetus a potential human life or not? Does the fact that the fetus was conceived by rape somehow change its status?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies