Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-12-2017, 07:42 PM

57,064 posts, read 26,024,198 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJJersey View Post
I don’t like Moore, but he will win. Polls show that the turnout was mostly white conservatives. In a way, it’s not so bad if you don’t like him. Unlike when he was a judge, one guy in the senate can’t do much. The GOP has the majority either way.
I think he will win, he was removed not once but twice as a judge and still elected. Based on that facts don't really matter in that state. Still too early to call but if he wins it will just be more chaos in government.

Even putting aside his acts with minor girls I thought his statements on religion, Muslims, gays would exclude him from running for national office but obviously I was wrong.

Old 12-12-2017, 07:54 PM

24,372 posts, read 22,982,365 times
I was thinking that maybe the left WANTS Roy Moore to win and so does the DC establishment. They have these allegations of inappropriate sexual behavior( some probably true, some faked) of Moore with underage or much younger girls from years ago. Let's face it, the dems have a lock on pedophiles with the Podestas and the Clintons and even Obama( some really disturbing stuff he was party to). Its not just the dems, its the entirety of DC and the federal government but the worst are dems. Pizzagate( never debunked or even denied) showed us that.
So they get a republican in with a cloud over his head and they can then point the finger back at the GOP when the real sexual abuse stories start dropping and people begin marching on DC with pitchforks and torches. Neither party dominates the other and both cling together defending against their common enemy... the american people.
Trump has got to be on to all this has insurance and plans in place to exploit this freak show for his own ends. That's why there's such a hatred of him, he's not on either team and won't play a fixed game.

Old 12-12-2017, 08:17 PM

21,430 posts, read 7,421,476 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Icy Tea View Post
... Pizzagate (never debunked or even denied) showed us that.
So they get a republican in with a cloud over his head ...
Are you being serious with this?

You believe in pizzagate?

Old 12-12-2017, 08:20 PM

57,064 posts, read 26,024,198 times
Quote:
I was thinking that maybe the left WANTS Roy Moore to win and so does the DC establishment. They have these allegations of inappropriate sexual behavior( some probably true, some faked) of Moore with underage or much younger girls from years ago. Let's face it, the dems have a lock on pedophiles with the Podestas and the Clintons and even Obama( some really disturbing stuff he was party to). Its not just the dems, its the entirety of DC and the federal government but the worst are dems. Pizzagate( never debunked or even denied) showed us that.
So they get a republican in with a cloud over his head and they can then point the finger back at the GOP when the real sexual abuse stories start dropping and people begin marching on DC with pitchforks and torches. Neither party dominates the other and both cling together defending against their common enemy... the american people.
Trump has got to be on to all this has insurance and plans in place to exploit this freak show for his own ends. That's why there's such a hatred of him, he's not on either team and won't play a fixed game.
I think you give Trump too much credit for having anything remotely resembling a strategy.

I don't believe your conspiracy theory regarding Moore and your comments that "the dems" have a lock on pedophiles are childish. Did you forget Dennis Hastert the house speaker so easily, both parties have issues.

Trump could have chose to not support Moore in the end, he placed his vote above his morals.

Old 12-12-2017, 08:20 PM

3,212 posts, read 1,646,631 times
Quote:
Don't over think this. It's as clear as day.

Dems find a molester among our ranks... Throw the bum out.

GOP finds a molester among their ranks... Let's get him re-elected.

Old 12-12-2017, 08:22 PM

15,088 posts, read 13,423,185 times
I'm pretty sure Moore will win for the simple fact that many conservatives would easily rather vote for a child molester than a Democrat. And you know...probably same would be true of many liberals if the shoe were on the other foot. That's how divided we are today.

Old 12-12-2017, 08:23 PM

21,430 posts, read 7,421,476 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
I think you give Trump too much credit for having anything remotely resembling a strategy.

I don't believe your conspiracy theory regarding Moore and your comments that "the dems" have a lock on pedophiles are childish. Did you forget Dennis Hastert the house speaker so easily, both parties have issues.

Trump could have chose to not support Moore in the end, he placed his vote above his morals.
He was the congressman from my district

His house/mansion is only a few miles from mine.

Old 12-12-2017, 08:23 PM

5,722 posts, read 2,181,227 times
First wish was a Moore win and getting tossed by McConnell. Him losing is second best outcome. At least the republicans appear set to get taxes done before this goes down

Old 12-12-2017, 08:25 PM

3,212 posts, read 1,646,631 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ambient View Post
I'm pretty sure Moore will win for the simple fact that many conservatives would easily rather vote for a child molester than a Democrat. And you know...probably same would be true of many liberals if the shoe were on the other foot. That's how divided we are today.
Wrong. Al Frankenstein is that shoe on the other foot. We gave him the pink slip. Conservatives love their molesters.

Old 12-12-2017, 08:34 PM

9,338 posts, read 7,089,904 times
HOLY CRAP! what a humiliating defeat for Moore

First democratic Senator in Alamaba in nearly 30 years.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.