Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-13-2017, 09:32 AM

8,924 posts, read 5,622,028 times

Advertisements

Most of the Republicans have caved to Trump. It doesn’t matter how bad Trump has insulted them either. Look at “Little Marco” Rubio for instance. He is on the Trump team and Lindsey Graham has made a fool of himself by kissing up to Trump by going golfing with him and advertising his golf courses on his twitter account. (morning Joe) big talkers now reduced to a shill for Trump.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-13-2017, 12:16 PM

4,958 posts, read 2,234,184 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by homeonthelittlemountain View Post
If so many Alabamians were opposed to Moore, why did he win the primary?
Two reasons:

1 - Mitch McConnell's endorsement of Luther Strange
2 - Low voter turnout

The majority of those stunned at Moore's loss are are people outside of Alabama.

Old 12-13-2017, 12:46 PM

18,757 posts, read 11,787,488 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by reed067 View Post
I swear if I didn't know better I would think your one of his lackeys who works for him. There is only one more person on this forum who sucks up to trump as much as you do.

Maybe they're the same person

I think Jones victory in Alabama shows the base is cracking. Look at the Democratic governor victories in Virginia and New Jersey. Didn't the Democrat wins wipe out the Republican majority in the state house of delegates? How will that effect Republican gerrymandering? It's becoming loud and clear that the republican party is becoming more and more unpopular. Jones victory was yet another example.

The sun will come out tomorrow......Sorry I just woke up happy with the ear worm flowing through my brain.

Old 12-13-2017, 12:49 PM

4,472 posts, read 3,822,968 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shaker281 View Post
No matter what the "party of denial" thinks, says or posts here, the fact that a Democrat won in Alabama, even by a slim margin is a yuge deal.

Trump has done us all at least one favor, he has brought the cockroaches out of the dark crevices. Anyone who was pretending the GOP was not riddled with these vermin is facing stark realization.
Too bad it has nothing to do with Trump and it has to do with the fact that Moore was a bad candidate.

Old 12-13-2017, 12:49 PM

13,648 posts, read 20,767,629 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by survivingearth View Post
After the stunning loss in Alabama , i am starting to worry that Trump is ruining Republicans reputation. Is Trump putting the future of the right in jeopardy?

I do not like Trump, but considering his contemporaries in opposition are Nancy Pelosi and Chuck Schumer, I would say no.

Most GOP politicians are cool to him and Conservative media such as the WSJ and National Review are very critical of him.

Old 12-13-2017, 12:56 PM

5,705 posts, read 3,669,318 times
Sounds like a poll question to me

Old 12-13-2017, 01:03 PM

13,648 posts, read 20,767,629 times
Not to mention, The GOP's epitaph was written and the tombstone ordered after Nixon and Watergate.

That lasted a scant 6 years until Ronnie raised them from the dead

Both sides have their ups and down but America needs two strong parties.

Old 12-13-2017, 01:32 PM

10,920 posts, read 6,905,438 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shaker281 View Post
I think it began with the Tea Party. This is a group that refuses to compromise and refutes diplomacy. That does not bode well for presenting a united front.
When your catchphrase is "party of 'no'", you probably are going to have problems uniting the country.

Old 12-13-2017, 01:45 PM

4,490 posts, read 3,925,838 times
Default Is Trump ruining the chances for the next Republican?

I think President Trump will be a tough act to follow for ANY future candidate. Judge Gorsuch, booming economic growth, tax reform and a raging stock market are just a few reasons. My stock account is up over 100 grand since the election and I credit President Trump. Thankfully, we won't have to worry about this until 2024.

Old 12-13-2017, 01:48 PM

9,727 posts, read 9,724,250 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by survivingearth View Post
After the stunning loss in Alabama , i am starting to worry that Trump is ruining Republicans reputation. Is Trump putting the future of the right in jeopardy?
The Alabama election had NOTHING to do with Trump. Moore barely lost and he was running against the DNC, the RNC, and a write-in candidate. The seat will safely return to the GOP in 2020.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies