Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-19-2017, 04:15 AM

8,381 posts, read 4,365,088 times

Advertisements

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/con...alarms-n830931

Seem the only interest lawmakers have in the tax proposal is self interest.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-19-2017, 07:19 AM

7,168 posts, read 5,364,890 times
What a complicated mess I doubt when it passes the {R}s won't be saying they simplified the tax code. I re call the day conservatives? use to rail against the tax code of picking winners and losers. But I guess that idea was thrown out the window when they drafted this bill. I think our leaders want the tax code complicated and of course measures are put in place that the leaders promise to fix it later. In the mean time the leaders are getting their palmed greased from lobbyist who are looking for favorable tax legislation for their clients.

It will always look like our leaders are looking out for self interest when passing legislation that does effect them but mostly it is about party power. That is why the tax code will remain complicated and a political issue and we will all be in our urns or boxes and the leaders will still be " fixing" the tax code. You heard it here first.

Out of this conservative? dung there are a couple of gems to be found. The bill looks like it will be favorable to the real estate sector of the economy that is a good idea. Driving down the interstate in my home town Akron, Ohio you see mostly boarded up houses built in the 30s-40s that are not worth fixing up. I am sure some posters have seen the same thing and might agree the country could use a private sector face lift.

Maybe this will fuel investment and re building of housing across the country I am assuming that a lot of cities own lots because no body wanted them and if this works the city will have buyers. I want people to make money and who could be against making the country better and improving how it looks? I doubt my friends will mind when they have tons of work dry walling,roofing, etc etc. There is millions to be made I wished I had money so I do not mind others making millions when I know I would do the same. It is called human nature.

I said I supported some of this bill but mostly it stinks can't believe Cruz and Rand Paul are on board.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies