Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-17-2017, 07:12 AM

7,982 posts, read 4,287,627 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. In-Between View Post
This is an example of why children are not allowed to vote - their brains have not had time to develp to the point where they can grasp complex subjects such as how representaive governments work, or to develop the responsilibility required to participate in their governmental process. Unfortunately, some people still slip through the cracks just by living long enough to register as voters.

I think the reason we can't work together is that so many of you are so utterly ignorant of current events that you really believe everyone is getting a tax cut. I didn't think anyone was dumb enough to believe that anymore, after the Republicans themselves admitted that many middle-class Americans will get a tax INCREASE - some of them several thousand dollars a year. The fact that so many of you still don't know that means that people who truly pay attention and understand what's really happening have no common ground to work with you.
So much cold-hearted truth in one post.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-17-2017, 07:29 AM

10,659 posts, read 10,727,332 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. In-Between View Post
The word you're looking for is "rabid," but yes... I certainly hope so. I want the next wave of Democratic leaders to be tough, nasty, vicious, ruthless, bare-knuckle cutthroats. I want them to crush - just DESTROY - the Republican Party and everything they stand for. No mercy; just exterminate them from our political culture. Pack the courts, wipe out everything Trump has ever done, gut the Red States. You'll never hear me singing koombayah - I want nothing but scorched earth everywhere a Republican has ever set foot.
Well at least I want them to try....The only way anything will really get fixed is with the total destruction of one side or the other..The Repubs won't do that but crazed mad dog Dems will do exactly as you suggest leaving us no choice but to finally put them down.....

Old 12-17-2017, 12:07 PM

7,300 posts, read 3,397,248 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gladhands View Post
In the eyes of Trump supporters, anyone who disagrees with or opposes Trump is a Lib (or RINO), making any and everything he does defensible on some level.Things with no apparent upside like ending net neutrality can be shrugged off at sticking it to the libs. Everything is justifiable by the simple fact that there is opposition. The opposition is the enemy and upsetting the enemy is good.
Well, maybe if the libs weren't the most divisive and insufferable liars when it comes to their pet issues, they wouldn't realize reactionary tribal behavior in regard to other issues that might engender cross-the-isle voter support.

For starters.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies