Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-14-2017, 05:52 PM

9,837 posts, read 4,636,611 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by movedintime View Post
WOW ! only 2 replies for a lib to be insulting.

The attack WILL continue. That's what libs do.
to be fair it is a pretty childish title that was intended to inflame libs. but it really just highlighted the OP's lack of knowledge.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-14-2017, 05:54 PM

38,859 posts, read 25,538,911 times
Cool hmmm...

Quote:
Originally Posted by mightleavenyc View Post
Liberal media promoting communism
Paranoia, the destroyer.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wRpAANsoG8I

Old 12-14-2017, 05:56 PM

5,701 posts, read 3,222,313 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by No_Recess View Post
I spend about 17% of my income on rent in greater L.A.

I spent about 12% of my income on rent when I lived in greater Cleveland.

If you're spending over 50% it's time to downsize or move.
Exactly. Free markets.

Old 12-14-2017, 05:59 PM

34,300 posts, read 15,652,035 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by greywar View Post
Well folks replied. I'd kinda hoped something this extreme would be left to die as it deserved.

No OP, this is not even remotely communism. This is simply a article talking about whether the chosen building types best serves the communities needs. Sheesh. This is just sad.
Its collective not communities !!! Keep that in mind !!!

Old 12-14-2017, 06:13 PM

11,904 posts, read 5,587,643 times
Quote:
The real estate industry has done a good job of meeting demand and building luxury, downtown apartments, but the liberal media decides to run with a communist headline that "we" are doing it wrong. To me, this headline exemplifies what is wrong with modern liberals. The job of a real estate company is to make money, not make some snowflake comfortable.

We’re still building the wrong kind of homes for renters
https://www.marketwatch.com/story/we...MW_latest_news
How is pointing out that there is an unmet need promoting communism? Eventually, these high-end rentals will so saturate the market that many of them may end up sitting empty. The developer who recognizes - and meets - the need for more modest rentals will make a fortune.

Old 12-14-2017, 06:15 PM

1,022 posts, read 739,806 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by greywar View Post
No, the person responded truthfully. If you can't handle the truth, maybe posting in public is not for you. Go find a safe space. Because many libs will respond with the truth and facts.
I don't consider calling a stranger online 'ignorant' or 'dumb' as being truthful.

And now you saying I should go away.

Dems used to be a good influence. Libs have become hateful.

Old 12-14-2017, 06:15 PM

11,904 posts, read 5,587,643 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by No_Recess View Post
I spend about 17% of my income on rent in greater L.A.

I spent about 12% of my income on rent when I lived in greater Cleveland.

If you're spending over 50% it's time to downsize or move.
There is a need for workers in the service sector even in high-cost locales, and those folks have to live somewhere.

Old 12-14-2017, 06:25 PM
i7pXFLbhE3gq

n/a posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Catgirl64
How is pointing out that there is an unmet need promoting communism? Eventually, these high-end rentals will so saturate the market that many of them may end up sitting empty. The developer who recognizes - and meets - the need for more modest rentals will make a fortune.
The unmet need in SF is currently being met by those high end apartments being shared - usually the living room rents out for slightly less than the bedrooms.
Quote:
I don't consider calling a stranger online 'ignorant' or 'dumb' as being truthful.

And now you saying I should go away.

Dems used to be a good influence. Libs have become hateful.
So you think the total fabrication about "promoting communism" was what, an intentional lie meant only to get a response?

Is being a troll better or worse than being ignorant?

Old 12-14-2017, 06:33 PM

46,951 posts, read 25,990,037 times
Quote:
Dumb is a value judgment, but ignorance can be demonstrated as fact. In fact, the OP makes for a decent demonstration.

Old 12-14-2017, 08:04 PM

6,927 posts, read 6,937,246 times
Quote:
The real estate industry has done a good job of meeting demand and building luxury, downtown apartments, but the liberal media decides to run with a communist headline that "we" are doing it wrong. To me, this headline exemplifies what is wrong with modern liberals. The job of a real estate company is to make money, not make some snowflake comfortable.

We’re still building the wrong kind of homes for renters
https://www.marketwatch.com/story/we...MW_latest_news
So your definition of "communism" is encouraging the free market to build more affordable housing by offering tax breaks and other incentives. It's the American way to build only luxury homes and if you can't afford one, there's always the homeless shelter or the streets. Works for me. MAGA! Or maybe it should be MASA - Make Americans live in Slums Again.

This attitude among republicans hardly surprises me. All those people from Goldman Sachs and other "too big to fail" firms brought us the Great Recession by means of their predatory lending practices and highly questionable hedge funds and impossible restructuring of mortgages that favored billionaire CEO's while putting everyone else out on the streets.

Now - SURPRISE - these same CEOs from Goldman Sachs, etc. are now filling positions in the highest government offices of the land. Thanks so much republicans.

Please explain to me how using huge sums of taxpayer's money to bail out illegal/unethical bankers with not a single one ever facing prison as the consequence of their criminal actions - in fact REWARDING them for their malfeasance is now the American way while affordable housing is "communist" and should be avoided at all costs.

Putin strikes again and the rubes fall for it because Fox tells them to. Why don't you go hang out in your penthouse and spit on the American working men and women some 50 stories below passing on the sidewalks on their way to their second or third low paying job.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies