Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-18-2017, 09:13 AM

30,160 posts, read 11,789,790 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeliner View Post
Sorry...

I can undetstand your comprehension dilemma.

No, I heard their nurse friends discuss possible mate prospects whenever they came to our home for bridge and parties.

One of my first wife's nurse friend had the fixation with cops.

Again,
I apologize for the misunderstanding....
Fair enough. There was a time in America where almost all women were homemakers. So of course the goal would be to find the most successful or most promising guy to latch on to. I think that is where the term most eligible bachelor comes from.

It also created a situation where if a woman was in an abusive marriage it was much more difficult for them to end it, being that they had never worked and had no training or experience to do so. And a divorced woman had a social stigma at the time.

With most women working today that is less of an issue. Sure there are still women who want to marry into money. Especially if they are very good looking and really motivated to have a career. But times have changed.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-18-2017, 09:22 AM

477 posts, read 276,528 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tamajane View Post
That tends to be a common online. All women are like their exes. But they need to look at why they choose the women they do.
I agree, and the same for women, on the men they choose. Women choose a bad boy and are surprised when he beats her.

Old 12-18-2017, 10:31 AM

6,224 posts, read 3,408,894 times
News flash...MSNBC's Chris Mathews is accused of sexual misbehavior and paid off a women some years back to keep quiet and go away.

Old 12-18-2017, 10:47 AM

22,661 posts, read 24,594,911 times
Well, when you live in a modern society, you have a duty to suppress your base-instincts, for the good of society. Unfortunately that concept is lost of many....and not just in the area of sexual-attraction.

Last edited by tickyul; 12-18-2017 at 11:39 AM..

Old 12-21-2017, 12:59 PM

1,704 posts, read 749,243 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tickyul View Post
Well, when you live in a modern society, you have a duty to suppress your base-instincts, for the good of society. Unfortunately that concept is lost of many....and not just in the area of sexual-attraction.
Yes, but when are boys ever taught how, when, and where to suppress their sexual base-instincts in various social situations.

Is it enough just for a father to explain "the birds and the bees" to his boys?

I mean, usually it's left up to male peers as to how and when to "make your move" with respect to the opposite sex. Sometimes the boy has to just figure it out on his own.
I know for a fact that as far as I'm personally concerned, it was a complete case of trial-and-error as a juvenile. Heck! I've even made a few missteps as an adult, but nothing that would rise to the level of a legal misdemeanor offense.

Human male primates need better guidance from society in the form of instruction from their familiar elders and educational institutions.

They shouldn't be left on their own to some how "figure it out"...

Old 12-21-2017, 02:07 PM

638 posts, read 624,105 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post

Some men have more self control, than others. Some women are so beautiful, all men lose all self control.

Men run on evidence
Women run on emotions
You let women control your life?

Old 12-21-2017, 02:51 PM

6,915 posts, read 3,950,948 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LauraC View Post
It seems to me, women can't handle it by telling them where they can stick it. Seriously, women claim to be so strong but can't tell them to take a hike. Instead, they simper for decades/years until they smell a payoff offered by some bottom feeder lawyer?
I've been saying for a long time that if a guy puts his hands on you unwanted, grab the nearest heavy object and bash it over their skull. Or shout at them to "get your hands the f*** off me," loud enough so that everyone in the vicinity will know what's going on.

Old 12-21-2017, 04:42 PM

38,642 posts, read 26,374,838 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dark Enlightenment View Post
Are accusatons of sexual harassment more related how male primates are wired?

The sexual behavior of men (and women) is about how we are wired. But the recent spate of harassment accusations stems from the effort to implement the ideology of campus feminism into the larger society.

Well, now you did it!

Yes, that certainly seems to be what is happening, but why does mass hysteria of the sort practiced on college campuses so easily find a home in the real world?

I once read about a certain type of fish that performed a dance with its partner just before the female released eggs and the male released sperm.

Obviously, the dance was important to the timing of each partner's release and proper timing was key to successful reproduction.

When placed in isolation, the fish would repeatedly perform the same dance with whatever object was placed in the container.

This gets us to **** shaming.

Way back in the 1970s, feminists tried to masculinize women so that they would be, in their eyes, equal to men.

Why they wanted the reduction in rank is another question altogether, but they set their sights on that.

One of the key features of maledom, at least the feminist stereotype of it, is being an irresponsible and sexually unaccountable ****.

For women to be sexually liberated, the way men were, they had to be free to behave as men did without anyone calling attention to the fact that these were women doing things that women used to have too much self-respect to do.

Also out the window was ages-old **** shaming.

**** shaming has been with us from the beginning because less that perfect women needed a weapon to use against their prettier female rivals.

It wouldn't necessarily keep males from jumping the hot chick's bones, but it would definitely keep the best male prospects from investing themselves in her, and that's all the bowsers really wanted anyway.

High status males would remain available and since no female wanted to be labeled the village/cave ****, if the malicious gossip did its job, sex available to males would dry up forcing more males the ugly chick's way.

It was an effective system.

Then we got rid of it.

The problem is no one told nature that we were going to change the rules on our end.

Well, we don't actually get to do that.

Nature decides what we will be at conception, and we will be this until we die.

People don't change in their own lifetimes.

So today, instead of **** shaming what are now called sexually liberated females, the ugly chicks and their mothers (the matriarchy) have settled on an alternative strategy of making casual sex for unattached males far too risky, i.e., they could be accused of a sex crime.

This has the exact same effect as **** shaming, it just requires the fingers and gossip be aimed at the male participant instead of the female.

Meanwhile, the sexual misconduct mass-accusers are essentially latter-day good girls reclaiming their virtue, perhaps for no other reason than its in them to do so.

Besides, to do otherwise is to risk the scorn of the matriarchy, and none of us want that.

Remember, according to the girls-only rules, the last one to announce "Yeah, he tried that **** with me too!" is the ho.

And before someone comes on here and says "Men this!" and "Men that!"

Men have always been men.

We are simple sexual opportunists.

The reason we are such is because, for us, that's what works.

Nature made us this way.

Women have greater needs and they face a far more complicated path to successful reproduction.

Competing with other women for the most desirable men is deadly serious business for the sex that has relatively few opportunities to reproduce.

Feminists of the 1970s really ****ed up by not taking this and other factors into consideration.

Now, we are like a fish in an aquarium dancing with a plastic tree because our environment changed but we didn't, and doing what it is in us to do, we are growing evermore frustrated and unhappy.

Last edited by momonkey; 12-21-2017 at 05:28 PM..

Old 12-21-2017, 07:42 PM

78,863 posts, read 46,617,602 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moboy32 View Post
You let women control your life?

She owns 1/2 my chit and all the kitty.
What do you think, if I have to pick my battles wisely?

Old 12-22-2017, 08:48 AM

9,230 posts, read 16,544,998 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zeliner View Post
However, something seems kind of strange to me. There's just far too many men being accused. I know that from personal conversations with other men, that most of us look up to one another when we "score", or when we exhibit some kind of "special talent" for procuring women. We particularly appreciate the fact when other people are aware of the fact that we rate on a high tier of sexual prowess. In general, we tend to love it when we make women scream and "go crazy" during the height of coitus and others are made aware of our sexual feats. In most cases, the women with whom we've been intimate with over a period of time, actually seem to desire a little aggressiveness from time to time.

I personally believe that not given social etiquette, cultural norms, and governmental laws, that most men would tend to be more sexually aggressive towards women.

Why is it that many times when men conquer enemy territory during war, that rape often becomes commonplace? To many men this is considered to be just one of the conquests or "spoils of war".

I think that more studies need to be done in order to more correctly assess both primate and mammalian male behavior as it relates to our selection, approach, and relationship with women as it relates to sex.

What are your thoughts with regards to this matter?
I think the contributors are more nurture and cultural than biological. But one need only look to City Data for examples of why so many men are being accused. While there are legitimate concerns wrt sexual assault/misconduct, consent doesn't even matter anymore. I would seriously consider that before biology biology. Some of the examples you gave include instances of consent or no assault.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies