Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-16-2017, 06:45 AM

1,704 posts, read 749,375 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe90 View Post
I'm always checking women out, and it seems a pretty natural thing to do - staring isn't cool though.
Yeah, and getting caught staring really isn't cool!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-16-2017, 06:58 AM

30,166 posts, read 11,795,579 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zeliner View Post

We are just naturally attracted to women's skin. The more we see, the more apt we are to become excited. For some of us, once we become sexually excited, our ability to maintain appropriate social etiquette becomes more of a challenge. I personally believe that this skill becomes more highly devloped with time, age, and maturity. However, it is a "skill" nonetheless...
A challenge? Really?
The skill is you turn 18 years old and are an adult and you are not a wild dog.

Plus what most of these men have been accused of amounts to them using their particular position in life as leverage against women who are intimidated to do anything about it. Its not just simply hormones run amuck.

Last edited by Oklazona Bound; 12-16-2017 at 07:15 AM..

Old 12-16-2017, 08:12 AM

1,704 posts, read 749,375 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jackwinkelman View Post
A challenge? Really?
The skill is you turn 18 years old and are an adult and you are not a wild dog.

Plus what most of these men have been accused of amounts to them using their particular position in life as leverage against women who are intimidated to do anything about it. Its not just simply hormones run amuck.
Yes, a challenge indeed!

18 is not some magical number where all is understood. Some young men have never been properly guided or instructed as to the "correct" or appropriate manners to be displayed during courtship etc...

Oftentimes, young men carry their awkward ignorance well into their 30's and 40's. Knowing how far to go in their approaches to women quite often makes them feel unsure, indecisive, and tentative, all due to the lack of either proper social guidance, or depth of inexperience. Perhaps sometimes, even both. Sometimes while under the influence drugs or alcohol, they can unleash their inhibitions and become obnoxiously rude and obtrusive.

It takes time (usually during our high school years) for males to acquire the proper skill-set needed to accommodate the social requirements of sexual restraint, both in public and private situations. For some reason, some men feel entitled to ignore these social requirements once they've reached a high enough social plateau. They tend to believe that their financial status entitles them to special privileges that they aren't necessarily granted.

BTW:

Youthful hormones are usually "running amuck", it's up to parents, older relatives, and teachers to guide our youth onto the proper paths of decent social behavior.

Last edited by zeliner; 12-16-2017 at 08:22 AM..

Old 12-16-2017, 08:29 AM

10,930 posts, read 11,725,051 times
The problem, as Joseph Conrad said, is "he lacked restraint".

Old 12-16-2017, 09:02 AM

63,919 posts, read 46,738,058 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post

Some men have more self control, than others. Some women are so beautiful, all men lose all self control.

Men run on evidence
Women run on emotions

Sounds like you are an advocate for the burqua because men can't control themselves.

Self control is a choice. Most men make better choices and do not grope - engage in sexual behavior, without a women's consent. And then there's rape.

Old 12-16-2017, 09:20 AM

63,919 posts, read 46,738,058 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by amenalot View Post
The #MeToo is extremely dangerous, because it gives voice to fake accusers.
Most allegations of any kind are fake, and that includes sexual harassment.
The #MeToo is more about hype and emotion than evidence obviously, so the frauds can take advantage of that hype.
And most men are controlled by political correctness these days, so they are afraid to punch back at the accusers.
But President Trump will never have a problem, because he'll always punch back.
Hyperbole much?

How would you or anyone know most allegations of any kind are fake, including sexual harassment?

Trump defended Bill Clinton and said the only thing Clinton did wrong was to eventually admit to having a consensual relationship with an adult, Monica Lewinsky. He referred to other Clinton accusers as unattractive liars. Fast forward, he arranges for Clinton's former accusers to be front and center during a debate giving Hillary the stink eye.

Old 12-16-2017, 09:27 AM

Quote:
Yes, a challenge indeed!

18 is not some magical number where all is understood. Some young men have never been properly guided or instructed as to the "correct" or appropriate manners to be displayed during courtship etc...

Oftentimes, young men carry their awkward ignorance well into their 30's and 40's. Knowing how far to go in their approaches to women quite often makes them feel unsure, indecisive, and tentative, all due to the lack of either proper social guidance, or depth of inexperience. Perhaps sometimes, even both. Sometimes while under the influence drugs or alcohol, they can unleash their inhibitions and become obnoxiously rude and obtrusive.

It takes time (usually during our high school years) for males to acquire the proper skill-set needed to accommodate the social requirements of sexual restraint, both in public and private situations. For some reason, some men feel entitled to ignore these social requirements once they've reached a high enough social plateau. They tend to believe that their financial status entitles them to special privileges that they aren't necessarily granted.

BTW:

Youthful hormones are usually "running amuck", it's up to parents, older relatives, and teachers to guide our youth onto the proper paths of decent social behavior.
Youthful hormones are one thing. Acting upon it is another thing. I think most guys by adulthood know better. If they choose to do the wrong thing its a conscious action not ignorance.

Its an excuse. Like eating. Some people have no self control and end up obese. Who's fault is that? They never learned that overeating is a bad for them? Sorry every adult is responsible for their actions, ignorance is not a defense.

And with the powerful men who have been getting accused lately. They know better. But they also know if they have leverage over certain women they can take advantage of that fact and get away with it. So it has nothing to do with your statement that some guys make it into their 40's not understanding that sexually harassing a women is wrong behavior.

Old 12-16-2017, 09:35 AM

4,540 posts, read 2,768,718 times
Quote:
It seems to me that far too many politicians, artists, and celebrities are being accused of some form sexual harassment or misconduct of some sort.
People like Mario Batali, Al Franken, Bill Cosby, and now Russell Simmons (just to name a few), were all held in society's highest esteem until just recently. These were all men for whom I had profound respect and admiration. Certainly these were all men of great accomplishment. Nonetheless, they have fallen victim to their own selfish desires, using women as their targeted sex objects.

However, something seems kind of strange to me. There's just far too many men being accused. I know that from personal conversations with other men, that most of us look up to one another when we "score", or when we exhibit some kind of "special talent" for procuring women. We particularly appreciate the fact when other people are aware of the fact that we rate on a high tier of sexual prowess. In general, we tend to love it when we make women scream and "go crazy" during the height of coitus and others are made aware of our sexual feats. In most cases, the women with whom we've been intimate with over a period of time, actually seem to desire a little aggressiveness from time to time.

I personally believe that not given social etiquette, cultural norms, and governmental laws, that most men would tend to be more sexually aggressive towards women.

Why is it that many times when men conquer enemy territory during war, that rape often becomes commonplace? To many men this is considered to be just one of the conquests or "spoils of war".

I think that more studies need to be done in order to more correctly assess both primate and mammalian male behavior as it relates to our selection, approach, and relationship with women as it relates to sex.

What are your thoughts with regards to this matter?

I've wondered the same thing... that maybe our modern values are just totally incompatible with the behavioral impulses we've evolved with?

But then again... we humans are highly aggressive under some circumstances. It was the norm for thousands of years to just kill your enemies... that's how we evolved. And yet most of us manage to not do that these days.

So I'm not really sure how this new zeitgeist will play out. But the thing is that I don't harass women- never have. No women work for me. I'm happily married and not seeking out new & potentially crazy women who could make accusations.

So this latest moral panic doesn't really affect me. Got my popcorn ready... just watching the show

Old 12-16-2017, 09:36 AM

4,921 posts, read 7,690,797 times
Currently we have the #me too lunacy where a large group of famous and/or rich men have been chastised, most of whom were simply acting as men. Now we have a bunch of women running around with their panties in a bunch screaming, "he touched my boob, OMG."
A woman who had an affair with Matt Lauer states that even though their relations were by mutual consent, Lauer, by his position, took advantage of her.
Someone, please get this gal a psychiatrist.

With the #me too all the rage I expect that in six months we will sell a group of women on Dr. Phil asking, "why are we not attractive to men."

Face it men, we are damned if we do and damned if we don't.

Old 12-16-2017, 10:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by donsabi View Post
A woman who had an affair with Matt Lauer states that even though their relations were by mutual consent, Lauer, by his position, took advantage of her.
Someone, please get this gal a psychiatrist.
Lauer was playing with fire. Married dude having a fling with his assistant. Usually that does not end well. The woman gets attached to the guy, wants him to divorce the wife and be only with her. When that does not happen she gets even. I hope she was worth losing his career over.

I have a male friend that got into a similar situation and that also did not end well.

What I learned in my business and professional life early on was you never want to let someone have something hanging over you. Especially women. If Lauer wanted a fling do it with someone not connected to your job or business. You never want to put that in jeopardy just over sex.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies