Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-19-2017, 05:22 PM

6,732 posts, read 5,172,048 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkpunk View Post
They overestimate the power of a protest IMHO. Plus they choose to use it onlyreally after Trump opened his mouth about 4 players in a league of a 1,000+ players.
Yeah, and his supporters ate it up, like he knew the simpletons would.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeerGeek40 View Post
This Trump supporter isn't crying about black athletes kneeling. Personally I could care less - I'm there to watch the game. However, since this stuff is beginning to have an effect on the NFL's revenues -- it does need to be dealt with.
Oh, that makes sense.

Kneeling effecting NFL's revenues? Yeah, that needs to be dealt with.

Like I said, priorities.

Quote:
Originally Posted by michiganmoon View Post
Considering that NFL owners have (1) tried to bribe the players into stopping the anthem protests, (2) are considering not allowing players out on to the field until after the anthem, and (3) are considering a rule requiring all players to stand for the anthem that there already is a dent that the owners are worried about.

Nobody is saying that the NFL will die off, but clearly the owners are worried about it.

(1) 72% of Americans say the protests are unpatriotic. Do you think the break down is 100% of Republicans, 100% of Independents, and 0% of Democrats - with Democrats making up 28% of those polled?

(2) Do you think it is possible to discuss different issues? Did you hear Obama's comments the other day - could you please start a silly thread about how those are his priorities and they are out of whack!

(3) Technically speaking, logically, the people tuning out, are making the NFL "less of a priority" and spending their time doing other things instead. Think about it.
Think about re-reading my post next time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rambler123 View Post
If 72% of Americans think being "patriotic" consists of standing when you're told to and not daring to protest, we have a much bigger problem in this nation than a dent in the NFL's revenue.

As for the League, they did it to themselves. Their years of tolerance - or even covering up - bad behavior so long as the money kept flowing in is at hilarious odds with their absurd "patriotism" when it comes to these protests. Top that off with them turning 15 minutes of real action in a 1 hour game into a 3 hour commercial fest, and I really don't care what happens to them.

They are money-grubbing hypocrites, and while that is common for big business, their arrogance in pretending to wear the flag is what really pushes it over the edge. Any group that tolerates crap ranging from cheating to hiring a thug who gets his thrills out of dog-fighting straight out of prison has NO right to wear the flag and pretend to be "patriotic" or "the protector of real 'merican values."
What Rambler123 said.

No one is buying this fake, BS 'patriotism' from Trump supporters and others. I'm not going to rehash this argument for a 100th time.

I'm amazed at how these fake patriots are more concerned with a billion dollar entity losing money and fans.

Not over concussions and CTE
Not over domestic violence
Not over cord cutting
Not over the inconsistencies and bias coming from Goddell and NFL HQ/officiating
Not over the poor on-field play

But over kneeling.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-19-2017, 05:24 PM

10,920 posts, read 6,908,243 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ATG5 View Post
Yeah, and his supporters ate it up, like he knew the simpletons would.

Oh, that makes sense.

Kneeling effecting NFL's revenues? Yeah, that needs to be dealt with.

Like I said, priorities.

Think about re-reading my post next time.

What Rambler123 said.

No one is buying this fake, BS 'patriotism' from Trump supporters and others. I'm not going to rehash this argument for a 100th time.

I'm amazed at how these fake patriots are more concerned with a billion dollar entity losing money and fans.

Not over concussions and CTE
Not over domestic violence
Not over cord cutting

Not over the inconsistencies and bias coming from Goddell and NFL HQ/officiating
Not over the poor on-field play

But over kneeling.

The bolded are the main reasons I turned out of the NFL years ago.

Old 12-26-2017, 08:39 PM

26,491 posts, read 15,066,580 times
Christmas Day TV ratings are out.

NBA ratings are up.

NFL ratings are down.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/artic...-christmas-day

Old 12-26-2017, 08:47 PM

34,619 posts, read 21,607,699 times
Quote:

NBA ratings are up.

NFL ratings are down.

SHocker.... not.

Old 12-26-2017, 08:49 PM

26,491 posts, read 15,066,580 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PedroMartinez View Post
SHocker.... not.
And it wasn't just Christmas, but NBA ratings are up on the year. NCAA college football has broke a record of most total minutes watched (although people saying that they watch an entire game from start to finish is down).

Meanwhile NFL ratings drop.

NBA Ratings Up Nearly 30 Percent on ESPN, TNT | Media - AdAge

Old 12-26-2017, 08:56 PM

34,619 posts, read 21,607,699 times
Quote:
And it wasn't just Christmas, but NBA ratings are up on the year. NCAA college football has broke a record of most total minutes watched (although people saying that they watch an entire game from start to finish is down).

Meanwhile NFL ratings drop.

NBA Ratings Up Nearly 30 Percent on ESPN, TNT | Media - AdAge
From the Texans very first snap from scrimmage in their first season, I think I missed seeing a grand total of five games.

Since many of their players knelt that one day, I have only watched 5 minutes while waiting for a punt to get a good view of all the empty seats.

It’s a shame, because I really liked several of the players and was so excited about Watson. I believe he is going to be a great QB, and he seemed like such a good person.

Oh well.

Old 12-27-2017, 05:45 AM

16,581 posts, read 8,600,121 times
Quote:

NBA ratings are up.

NFL ratings are down.

I would not doubt it, but lets not kid ourselves. The NBA is even more black than the NFL, and many of them like LeBron are racially motivated as he has proved time & time again. The only reason you do not see NBA players pulling the crap is it was put into their contracts years ago that they could not do anything other than stand for the national anthem.

This occurred because of a black Muslim puke named Chris Jackson who converted to Islam and calls himself Mahmoud Abdul-Rauf.
He was pulling the same type of thing, and ruined his career and alienated the fans. David Stern made sure to insert a clause into the future agreement with the players union to prohibit such things, because he knew it would be toxic to the league.

Why the NFL didn't go to school on the NBA back in the day is a mystery.

Old 12-27-2017, 06:45 AM

21,430 posts, read 7,453,685 times
Secondary Market Tickets are Plummeting

Hopefully some real ordinary Americans can afford to attend a game now and then.

Old 12-27-2017, 07:35 AM

16,581 posts, read 8,600,121 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hesychios View Post
Secondary Market Tickets are Plummeting

Hopefully some real ordinary Americans can afford to attend a game now and then.
What is this suppose to mean?

I am a real ordinary American, yet I have season tickets. Just because someone becomes prosperous or at least comfortable does not mean they are no longer ordinary.
Heck, that is what the American dream is all about, and those of us fortunate enough to achieve it financially should not be considered any different than Joe Sixpack who lives paycheck to paycheck.

I will say that my tickets on the secondary market have not gotten the same price I was getting in years past.
Then again I typically did not sell most of my season tickets. This is the last game coming up, and I will be lucky to get half the value, but it will be a fitting end to a long time supporter of my local team. They allowed the ignorant fools to ruin the game for many of us.

`

Old 12-27-2017, 07:37 AM

25,231 posts, read 16,934,056 times
Quote:
I noticed a few weeks ago that 4 different NFL games had their tickets selling for $5 or less online, a few other games had tickets for under $20, and today I just came across an article detailing how NFL tickets sold on the secondary market have dropped significantly this season.

I think those that are arguing that the NFL hasn't been hurt by the protests are ignoring the falling TV ratings, the empty seats in the stands, and the dirt cheap secondary market that is usually much more robust.

https://sports.yahoo.com/four-nfl-ga...000242166.html

Next weekend ticket steals per vivid seats a secondary market:

Broncos at Redskins $4
Chargers at Jets $8
Seahawks at Cowboys $9
Lions at Bengals $11
Browns at Bears $13
Giants at Cardinals $17
Rams at Titans $18 (possibly both playoff teams)
Steelers at Texans $19
Jaguars at 49ers $19
Dolphins at Chiefs $23

If you ever wanted to take your kids to an NFL game - next weekend is looking really affordable!
You do know that the knelling thing has pretty much ended, don't ya?

The NFL will do just fine.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies